All aboard!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

Well people, the worst has happened and Tom Brady is out for the year. Which leaves the team in Matt Cassel's hands, now I know that up till this point we as fans have been asking why he even made the team but we have always said in bill we trust and Bill saw something in Cassel that we did not and i think it showed in the KC game.

Cassel did what a back up QB should do, he did not make the big mistake that costs us the game. He looked good and I for one do not think the season is lost, i think that we have the perfect coaching staff to make a push with Cassel as QB, sure we will lose some big games to good teams but with the schedule we play and the D we have we could be in all of our games inthe 4th quarter and I think Cassel will shock people this year.

With all that said I want to say the time for bashing Cassel in teh pre season is over, this team is his now and that wont change even if we do sign a bum like Kris Simms so with that said let me be the first to say

This is now the Matt Cassel express! next stop New York! last stop Tampa! It is now time for the Matt Cassel train to get rolling so either you get on the train or you get the f*ck off but this team is moving forward with Cassel whether you like or not so like I said either get on the Cassel train or get the f*ck off!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from txHeat. Show txHeat's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

Hey Killa - send me an MTA pass will ya????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSTEAMER. Show SSTEAMER's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

I hate that he is hurt too but the show must go on. I like that we are underdogs now . Maybe we will get a chip on our shoulder and DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS...........PERIOD

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

i was surprised when cassel made the team but belichick knows what he is doing and cassel stepped up big time. he walked into a bad situation, pinned down at the goal line with 3rd and long but made a great play. the jets will throw everything at him but belichick will have him prepared. if cassel can stay healthy he should improve during the season, there will be bumps but he will get better.

don't count this team out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

Many are counting us out. Their mistake. Big mistake.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

Count me in. "In BB we Trust ." I'm not giving lip service here. I believe BB & his staff will find a way.I know we 'll still make the playoffs and who knows........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

I'm in.... "Semper peratus" It's time to circle the wagons...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

With the RBs the Pats have, they can weather this storm. Defense needs to step it up. Lets go back to smash mouth and show the rest of the league that the Pats can mix it up with anybody.

The Patriots will stand tall at the end.
    GO PATS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

Just going to focus on one game at a time. Running game needs and defense just need to take things up a notch. Last time we went up against Brett Favre we held him to 5-15 passing for 73 yards 0 TD's and knocked him out in the 2nd quarter. Wouldn't mind seeing a repeat performance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

Was it Brady or BB's system. I'm leaning towards the "system". We'll see. I'm behind Cassell if for no other reason he's been in the Pats system for 4 years. He should have absorbed something by now. I seriously doubt if BB would want him to have to go out and beat another team with his arm, nor does he actually believe that Cassell has to be another Brady for the Pats to have success.
    With the schedule they have, 11-5 should be within reach if the other facets of the team play like they can/should. Brady, realistically, looks to be the difference maker in 6 games this year: 2 vs JETS, @ SD, @Indy, @seattle, and vs Pittsburgh. (They ought to split with teh Jets, and beat Seattle, and maybe Pittsgurg, becuase it;'s a home game.) It's time for the veterans to step up, close the ranks around Cassell, do their jobs, and put their faith in him. If all works as well as it did in '01, teh P{ats can still dictate the AFC playoff picture and their chances at winning in Tampa in February

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

THATS RIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS RALLY! RALLY AROUND OUR STARTING QB! That is the way it has to be, you are either supporting Cassel or you are not supporting the pats they are one in the same. I feel in my heart which is filed with my love for this franchise that this team can still push for the playoffs. Belicheck has already proven once that he can take a young QB and ease him through the year, Cassel does not have to win games by himself not one bit he has a lot of good people around him and they have his back. I honestly do not see another QB coming into this team and taking the job from Cassel he has the teams support. Like I said the Matt cassel train is leaving Foxboro next stop New York! either get on or get the f*ck off plain and simple.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

FORGET "EMBRACE THE HATE IN 08" ITS TIME FOR EMBRACE THE FAITH IN 08! GOT TO HAVE FAITH IN THIS FOOBALL TEAM!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

Hey I'm all in favor of Cassel and think he's the best QB we can get right now but don't expect me to just not care about what happened to Tom Brady and forget about it like it never happened. The greatest player in the history of Boston sports just got his knee taken out, I'm not going to move on, I'm f*cking pissed. This doesn't mean I don't support Cassel, it means I want the stupid NFL to defend our QB the way they defend Palmer and Manning. And yeah, I am looking forward to next year when Brady comes back, and I am seriously p*ssed that he may never play again with Bruschi, Harrison, Izzo, Neal, and Faulk, and he definitely won't play again with Seau. So if you want me to not care about that then you can f*ck off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

Who the hell said you shouldnt care man? you need to calm the F down bro we are all friends here. None of us have forgotten that cheap a$$ hit and none of us are moving on from wanting the NFL to do something about it. we are all pissed, but I am 100% behind Matt Cassel right now, Brady went down and we can not change that and all this thread is saying is either you get on board with the new Patriots offense or you get the F off the Pats train cause if you cant stick around when the team needs you then you a bandwagon fan. I am not calling you a bandwagon fan Mighty just explaining. Times are tough right now but this is when our team needs us most so yes be angry about what happened to Brady but then get the F on the train cause this train stops for no one. Next stop New York! last stop Tampa!

EMBRACE THE FAITH IN 08!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

I say give Cassel a chance, but have a couple of backup plans ready. If the boat starts to take on water....abandon ship! If BB doesn't have a backup plan (I'm sure he does.....please have a plan...) then shame on him. I'll support Cassel until it's obvious that he can't get it done. Then, it's time for action. BB can't let things get out of hand and not act. There is too much talent, ability and hope for this team to stick with a bad decision if Cassel actually turns out to stink.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

I'm on the train. Wishing terrible things upon Pollard and Goodell but I am on the train.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

that is what i want to here man! get on board this train cause it does not stop till it hits Tampa, we all know better then to count this team out and soon enough the rest of the league will know it as well. as for you 347! lol I agree that if it becomes obvius that he can not get it done then we should have a plan C however I dont want you to confuse this with throwing him under the bus at the first sign of trouble. He is going to have a few bad games and that is bound to happen but I think in the end we will win more games then we lose and that will only happen if we give cassel our support the same way the team has rallied around him. This team is far too good to give up after one game and if Cassel has a bad game let it go dont crusify the guy he is learning how to be a starter on the go and he is bound to trip up but when he does we can either cheer him on in hopes that he gets through it or we can give up on him and that will be that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brknwing. Show brknwing's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

Great thread Taz ---None of us were impressed with Matt in preseason but now we all have to be behind him for the rest of the season, no more Cassel bashing for me even if he has a bad game which will definatley happen sooner or latters. Lets just give him time to mature as the MAN.

And like Harley says ALL Aboard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

test

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

exactly!!!

EMBRACE THE FAITH IN 08!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

my confidence isnt high in him.not yet!but ive always supported the team for thirty years.why would i stop now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThaJoker47. Show ThaJoker47's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

I'll get on this train. I love tom as much as any other fan. I never hated Matt even when he sucked cause when I met him at training camp he was very nice to me and my buddies.

Even if you hate him we fans must stick behind our quarterback and Matty is our boy this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

On Board!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

I'm on the train with a giant glass of kool aid. I wasn't impressed with Cassell during preseason but he played better than expected on Sunday. Especially with 3rd and 11 on the 1 and hits a perfectly thrown pass to Moss.

Back to the Pats of 01 and 03. Time to grind out games and play hardball. I think Cassell can manage with all the talent around him. He has my support for this year. He has all the incentive in the world to succeed because he'll be a free agent next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

All aboard!!!!!!

I'd like to see the Pats go smashmouth all the way. Last year was exhilarating, mind-blowing, an air show, but now that Tom's out, I want to see some old school physicality this year. We have a great set of running backs, and great WRs that will help lift the play of an average QB, and there's no better way to motivate an offensive line then letting them tee off on the D for a change.

The Pat's D will definitely step up, and Gotskowski looks very consistent.

Come on Pats, its clobberin' time!

Sections
Shortcuts