All Bill Parcells fault?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

All Bill Parcells fault?

Is the Patriots/Jets rivalry all Bill Parcells fault?

Seriously man who gave a crap about the Jets until Bill Parcells switched allegiances?

The Jets back in the day used to be a guaranteed victory in the AFC East.  I don't even know if they'd made it to the playoffs in the span from the 1980-90's.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scumion. Show Scumion's posts

Re: All Bill Parcells fault?

Parcells never won a single playoff game without Belichick guiding his defense. Blame Belichick, I guess?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think it started when BB was hired by the hests, he then saw what kind of crappy organization it was and resigned. Then signed with the Patriots and that's when it started

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

In Response to Re: All Bill Parcells fault?:
    [QUOTE]Parcells never won a single playoff game without Belichick guiding his defense. Blame Belichick, I guess?
    Posted by Scumion[/QUOTE]

It wasn't until Parcells jumped ship to the Jets that they starting getting winning records.  Then other players namely Curtis Martin left for the Jets.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

[QUOTE]I think it started when BB was hired by the hests, he then saw what kind of crappy organization it was and resigned. Then signed with the Patriots and that's when it started
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Parcells depature to the Jets was not on amicable terms.  Do you remember the famous speach about cooking dinner and the groceries.

More importantly I think Parcells called Kraft Darth Vader (or was it the other way around?).  They didn't make up until Parcells left the Jets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scumion. Show Scumion's posts

[QUOTE]It wasn't until Parcells jumped ship to the Jets that they starting getting winning records.  Then other players namely Curtis Martin left for the Jets.
    Posted by calchu7[/QUOTE]
    Should I just repeat my post too?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

In Response to All Bill Parcells fault?:
    [QUOTE]Is the Patriots/Jets rivalry all Bill Parcells fault? Seriously man who gave a crap about the Jets until Bill Parcells switched allegiances? The Jets back in the day used to be a guaranteed victory in the AFC East.  I don't even know if they'd made it to the playoffs in the span from the 1980-90's.

The 1985 wild card game at the Meadowlands was huge for the Patriots, the 86 season with the Jets starting 10-1 (Patriots being that 1) was tremendous, too, as both were playing for the AFC Championship birth  Jets losing at Cleveland in OT thanks to Mark Gastineau and the Patriots lost the next day in Denver on a safety when on their last chance drive down 19-17. 

Also, the Jets took a huge 21-0 lead that evaporated in October, 1986 at Foxboro alas the Patriots fell short while the Red Sox were down and out against the Angels, just about to get eliminated as Dave Henderson came to the plate as the game was being shown on the big screen in the North End Zone.......

There was rivalry, all right.  Pats came back and won during Parcells years here when they were down 21-0, there's been a simmering rivalry, maybe not so much naional headline stuff in the internet age, but it's been there. You must be quite young.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

Yup I'm too young.  Anything pre-1990 is too old for me.

I moved to New England just when Bledsoe was signed and that's when I started following the Pats.

I didn't notice the bad blood until the Big Tuna joined the Jets.

[QUOTE]In Response to All Bill Parcells fault? : The 1985 wild card game at the Meadowlands was huge for the Patriots, the 86 season with the Jets starting 10-1 (Patriots being that 1) was tremendous, too, as both were playing for the AFC Championship birth  Jets losing at Cleveland in OT thanks to Mark Gastineau and the Patriots lost the next day in Denver on a safety when on their last chance drive down 19-17.  Also, the Jets took a huge 21-0 lead that evaporated in October, 1986 at Foxboro alas the Patriots fell short while the Red Sox were down and out against the Angels, just about to get eliminated as Dave Henderson came to the plate as the game was being shown on the big screen in the North End Zone....... There was rivalry, all right.  Pats came back and won during Parcells years here when they were down 21-0, there's been a simmering rivalry, maybe not so much naional headline stuff in the internet age, but it's been there. You must be quite young.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All Bill Parcells fault? : Parcells depature to the Jets was not on amicable terms.  Do you remember the famous speach about cooking dinner and the groceries. More importantly I think Parcells called Kraft Darth Vader (or was it the other way around?).  They didn't make up until Parcells left the Jets.

yeah, but i think the bad blood really started when BB left the NYJs at the altar  for the patriots and he won a super bowl a couple years later, then mangini leaving and then them starting spygate. and now we have trashgate and footgate

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

sorry kansaspat, but have to go with calchu7 on this one...actually pauldeba added some interesting history, but the current hatred and venom seemed to really begin with parcells making plans to leave the pats for the jets as they were still preparing to play the packers in the super bowl. then the curtis martin exodus...when BB spurned the jets and came here, it was almost like a retaliatory strike by kraft, payback for the parcells and curtis martin fiasco. maybe the bad blood started from the jets end when BB resigned in the manner that he did, but the pats fans already hated the jets by then. everything thats happened since has just stoked the fire.

on a side note i have seen some articles and quotes in the national media somewhat suggesting that the baltimore/pittsburgh is somehow deeper and more personal. saw a quote by hines ward even saying that the NE/NYJ rivalry "is just getting started", suggesting the pitt/bal rivalry has more history. i find that laughable personally, the freakin "baltimore ravens" technically didnt even exist pre 1995. sure they were the browns, but considering cleveland kept their colors, logos, names, history...its kinda hard to use the old cleveland browns as a foundation for the ravens/steelers rivalry.

it was only like a year or 2 after the ravens came into existance that the jets/pats rivalry was RENEWED all over again by parcells and the jets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

First Pats playoff win on route to SB 20 was beating jesters in meadowlands in wildcard game

Sections
Shortcuts