All in for 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

All in for 2013!

Just my opinion but i think this coming year should be an all in year..meaning go n get Brady 1 or 2 missing pieces..resign Vollmer resign Talib sign Reed Sign Boldin ..see if Andre Carter has anything left to mentor young guys like C Jones n Bagguette <---mispelled i know..my reasons for going all in are if you win..the window to move Brady will never be better...lastly nothing would make me happier than Brady hoisting the trophy in New York...Go Pats in 2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: All in for 2013!

I think the GM will do that. His MEDIOCRE team that he has built around Brady needs emergency surgery. His actions of last year show his sense of desperation. Unfortunatly the moves didn't really work out. Let's pray he gets lucky because purely on skill, he hasn't got it done.

Both sides of the ball have paper thin functionality. Without Gronk the offense is well apt to be castrated against good teams as the running game withers and the receivers too often drop the groceries if they can even manage to get open. Without Talib the D reverts to the mickey mouse club that gives up real estate like France in 1940.

At the very least for offense he needs a WR who can make the sideline and the deep ball threats. At the very least he needs a crackerjack CB to stabilize the secondary that can stay on the field. More than that would be better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I think the GM will do that. His MEDIOCRE team that he has built around Brady needs emergency surgery. His actions of last year show his sense of desperation. Unfortunatly the moves didn't really work out. Let's pray he gets lucky because purely on skill, he hasn't got it done.

Both sides of the ball have paper thin functionality. Without Gronk the offense is well apt to be castrated against good teams as the running game withers and the receivers too often drop the groceries if they can even manage to get open. Without Talib the D reverts to the mickey mouse club that gives up real estate like France in 1940.

At the very least for offense he needs a WR who can make the sideline and the deep ball threats. At the very least he needs a crackerjack CB to stabilize the secondary that can stay on the field. More than that would be better.

It's the truth, isn't it?

Here Baltimore spent to the cap and are headed into "salary cap hell". Yet they were able to lose their starting corner and survive. They were able to have two of their best front seven players play nowhere near 100% and not miss a beat. They draft low every year (just like us) and yet you sit there and watch these recievers they have run around out there like they were shot out of cannons...catching everything within 7 yards of them. They roll out this second string running back and he plays the way our second round selection runner only dreams of.

Something tells me we would of looked like that if we had not botched free agency the last three years. It's almost as if we approached free agency like it was a disease - any name player in his prime was going to infect and kill us all!! Scary...stay away from them! Instead let's sign cheap backups, nobody's and huge character risks (because they are cheap...Haynesworth, Ocho). With the millions and millions in cap space that we had saved up over the years, we ended up with four decent players Lloyd (who may get cut), Carter (who couldn't last past November and got three of his eight sacks in one game), Anderson (who was a one trick poney that wanted to get paid...and did elsewhere) and Brian Waters (who went home and sulked after we wouldn't pay him more).

Now out of those four guys, three of them didn't last for more than a season. And it's very likely that one of them (Lloyd) may get cut this spring.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

ALL IN!  No doubt about it !  Can't wait for NE PATS @ BALTIMORE Opening night!  (I'm sure that will be the opening game! How cannot it not be)....when we beat their a%s....Great home and road schedule too! wow...

I'm hoping they have a off-season like they did in 07! when I felt the Pats were ALL IN that year in the moves they made....I'm not saying the pats don't make moves, they make plenty, but it's the quality of the talent they bring in, then just overloading a position in hoping one or two work out...

I look at being 'All in' as re-signing Welker! Signing the likes of Mike Wallace and or A BOLDIN (wish they did this a couple years ago when he was a FA) & hope the TEs can finally stay healthy.....THEN focus on Defense, whether that is Talib or another big time cover corner of the likes.....I also think Special Teams is important. I know they tried Demps this past yr for kickoff returns, but got hurt. 

Go Pats! 2013! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I say go all in for Goldson, don't let this http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/01/goldson_reflect.html

happen again.

The kid is big, fast, hits like a ton of bricks and is young. I'm not saying he can cover like Ed Reed, but I've got to think Belichick would be able to maximize his talents or refine them like he did with Harrison. This guy made a play in the Super Bowl where I immediately thought...brake the bank for him...bring him here...he will change the defense. It was a running play and he got so low and attacked the ball carrier fast and aggresively - I don't think I've seen anyone do that here since Harrison. I watched Chung try - I watched Merriweather try, but they weren't big enough to do it. This guy is.

If we can give Mayo 40 million and watch him go on to get blocked outside, not get to runners on the perimeter, lose guys in coverage and not beat blockers unless he's inside with Vince in front of him....we can get dangerous and spend 50 million on a safety, that we can cut in four years if it get's crazy. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Goldson would definitely be a ALL IN MOVE!  I like it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If they are serious about winning

1.  Dwayne Bowe. 

2.  get someone who can actually pressure a QB - we've been waiting for 7 YEARS for this

2.  Get another Safety who hits people

3.  Trade Gronk for mutiple draft picks before he completely implodes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Here Baltimore spent to the cap and are headed into "salary cap hell". Yet they were able to lose their starting corner and survive. They were able to have two of their best front seven players play nowhere near 100% and not miss a beat. They draft low every year (just like us) and yet you sit there and watch these recievers they have run around out there like they were shot out of cannons...catching everything within 7 yards of them. They roll out this second string running back and he plays the way our second round selection runner only dreams of.

Something tells me we would of looked like that if we had not botched free agency the last three years. It's almost as if we approached free agency like it was a disease - any name player in his prime was going to infect and kill us all!! Scary...stay away from them! Instead let's sign cheap backups, nobody's and huge character risks (because they are cheap...Haynesworth, Ocho). With the millions and millions in cap space that we had saved up over the years, we ended up with four decent players Lloyd (who may get cut), Carter (who couldn't last past November and got three of his eight sacks in one game), Anderson (who was a one trick poney that wanted to get paid...and did elsewhere) and Brian Waters (who went home and sulked after we wouldn't pay him more).

Now out of those four guys, three of them didn't last for more than a season. And it's very likely that one of them (Lloyd) may get cut this spring.

I have no problem with trading down. But you better damned well have a plan on who you think you can get and you had better be right that they are a major contributor. This hasn't happened with BB much at all to say the least.

How in the hell can a person possibly miss on so many defenders year after year after year? Even Millen's record looks not so bad when compared to that aspect of BB's team building.

Meriweather, Wheatley, Chung, Brace, Butler, McCourty, Cunningham, Spikes, Dowling, Jones, Hightower and Wilson; 12 second round or higher picks for D, over an entire defense worth of players in 6 years; and can a one of them be called a "standout" player? ONE?

How can you possibly blow something so badly? A blind monkey could do better by accident. And even in the lower rounds you can sometimes find a special player but BB hasn't found one for D except maybe Dennard.

And his FA tactic is obvious. Instead of investing in a true elite player and taking his chances on the guy succeeding, he signs several lower cost hope and a prayer guys and prays they perform. That way he doesn't take the heat when they fail because he spread out the money and nothing sticks out like a sore thumb.

It appears BB's tactic with team building is quantity over quality and just hope for luck. He used up all his luck the day he drafted Brady.

And people wonder why we fall just short and want to blame Brady because he can't carry this MEDIOCRE team on his back through the playoffs as well as the season. It's obvious as to why. Too many poor decisions by the GM.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I have no problem with trading down. But you better damned well have a plan on who you think you can get and you had better be right that they are a major contributor. This hasn't happened with BB much at all to say the least.

How in the hell can a person possibly miss on so many defenders year after year after year? Even Millen's record looks not so bad when compared to that aspect of BB's team building.

Meriweather, Wheatley, Chung, Brace, Butler, McCourty, Cunningham, Spikes, Dowling, Jones, Hightower and Wilson; 12 second round or higher picks for D, over an entire defense worth of players in 6 years; and can a one of them be called a "standout" player? ONE?

How can you possibly blow something so badly? A blind monkey could do better by accident. And even in the lower rounds you can sometimes find a special player but BB hasn't found one for D except maybe Dennard.

And his FA tactic is obvious. Instead of investing in a true elite player and taking his chances on the guy succeeding, he signs several lower cost hope and a prayer guys and prays they perform. That way he doesn't take the heat when they fail because he spread out the money and nothing sticks out like a sore thumb.

It appears BB's tactic with team building is quantity over quality and just hope for luck. He used up all his luck the day he drafted Brady.

And people wonder why we fall just short and want to blame Brady because he can't carry this MEDIOCRE team on his back through the playoffs as well as the season. It's obvious as to why. Too many poor decisions by the GM.

Well you're not afraid to call things early (Hightower and Spikes). I'm going to wait a little on Hightower, but I could go either way on Spikes. On one hand he plays with intensity and has some good instincts, can cause a fumble and is a huge linebacker. On the other hand you can run a backup tight end in front of his face on a crossing pattern and all the guy will have to do is put a shoulder fake in there, and it will leave 10 yards of seperation between them. The guy scares me a little with his off field reputation and he gets hurt - he also looks like he doesn't exactly stay in shape...they going to pay this guy long term? I don't think so, he runs like Bart Scott right now and he's ten years younger. But I can live with what he's giving us, it's not like he was a top ten pick, I'd say he is more than servicable for where he was selected.

Hightower is going to need to improve and I hope he does.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'll simply comment on the all in advocacy.  Ain't happenin; not while BB is in charge of football ops and Kraft is the owner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Baltimore was certainly brilliant and a juugernaut. unless you actually look at how they got in to the AFC championship - beautiful pass, but one of the worst defensive plays of all time to allow it to be completed. It takes luck to get to and win the SB and I say the Pats have been unlucky in the last two SBs - not that they were not 'good enough.'

We have a chance almost every year, and I would take that over most teams boom/bust cap mentality. Baltimore got lucky and won a SB and they are now in cap hell. They could just as easily be watching Denver, SF, or the Pats raising the trophy from that hell. Jets are in cap hell without any hardware because they thought they were so close a couple of years ago and spent like crazy.

I am not sure any GM is 'brilliant' - they all make mistakes in evaluating FAs and draft picks and spending big is no guarantee of success - in fact few teams that spend big are actually very good and the best teams and GMs tend to be pretty measured in their moves every year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Forget Ed Reed.  

The Ravens will sign Flacco to a multi-year deal and franchise Reed.  

He's retiring a Raven.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Baltimore was certainly brilliant and a juugernaut. unless you actually look at how they got in to the AFC championship - beautiful pass, but one of the worst defensive plays of all time to allow it to be completed. It takes luck to get to and win the SB and I say the Pats have been unlucky in the last two SBs - not that they were not 'good enough.'

We have a chance almost every year, and I would take that over most teams boom/bust cap mentality. Baltimore got lucky and won a SB and they are now in cap hell. They could just as easily be watching Denver, SF, or the Pats raising the trophy from that hell. Jets are in cap hell without any hardware because they thought they were so close a couple of years ago and spent like crazy.

I am not sure any GM is 'brilliant' - they all make mistakes in evaluating FAs and draft picks and spending big is no guarantee of success - in fact few teams that spend big are actually very good and the best teams and GMs tend to be pretty measured in their moves every year.

I am in complete agreement.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Forget Ed Reed.  

The Ravens will sign Flacco to a multi-year deal and franchise Reed.  

He's retiring a Raven.

My only question here is what will their cap picture look like if they do that? (Edited because I really do know the difference between their and there.)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Just a post script to my previous post re Baltimore:

They are only really in cap hell because they have to sign Flaco, something they put off till this season, and he just broke their bank as MVP. Generally they are a really well run organization and certainly have done a nice job of managing cap to this point, But the bill is coming due, and they are nearing the Steelers situation with big ticket players either at the ends of their careers or looking to cash in on their next contracts.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Herman Munster; LMAO change the hairline and he's Eddie Munster all grown up.

Young defense needs to continue to improve and can't have big losses (Talib). Brady can't throw a clinker and hope the defense picks him up. Time to start winning big games again. People forget that this D is relatively young.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well you're not afraid to call things early (Hightower and Spikes). I'm going to wait a little on Hightower, but I could go either way on Spikes. On one hand he plays with intensity and has some good instincts, can cause a fumble and is a huge linebacker. On the other hand you can run a backup tight end in front of his face on a crossing pattern and all the guy will have to do is put a shoulder fake in there, and it will leave 10 yards of seperation between them. The guy scares me a little with his off field reputation and he gets hurt - he also looks like he doesn't exactly stay in shape...they going to pay this guy long term? I don't think so, he runs like Bart Scott right now and he's ten years younger. But I can live with what he's giving us, it's not like he was a top ten pick, I'd say he is more than servicable for where he was selected.

Hightower is going to need to improve and I hope he does.

Just saying, SO FAR with them. Nothing outstanding overall. Of course I'm hoping they eventually have their day in Canton, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

It's not that either purely stink like so many other of BB's defensive picks. It's just that they have been nothing more than average NFL filler to this point. You need more than that on a D this dismal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Mayo, Spikes, McCourty, Dennard, Jones and Hightower are all good or clearly appearing to be very good players as young as they are.

LMAO@U

Mayo is the only one of those who can even be mentioned as a proven outstanding player, and some would even argue that about him.

Same old junior. Spinning the mundane into the sublime. Learn the game dumbkoff.

Sections
Shortcuts