All in for 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re: All in for 2013!

Are posts supposed be Epic Novels?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

In 2010, BB started 4 rookies on D, 2 on offense and it was beyond clear going into the lockout what the approach was.

Of course he started rookies on D in 2010 dumbkoff. He had just blown SEVEN high draft picks on defense in the previous 3 years!

Meriweather, Crable, Wheatley, McKenzie, Butler, Brace and Chung.

Junior, please at least put up a fight here. Debating you on BB's great team building is like shooting fish in a barrel.

McKenzie....lol.  I remember starting the McKenzie looks lost thread, what was that 3 years ago, and getting ripped by the same tools who feel Mayo is a much better player then I do.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

McKenzie....lol.  I remember starting the McKenzie looks lost thread, what was that 3 years ago, and getting ripped by the same tools who feel Mayo is a much better player then I do.  

Tools like his fellow players, coaches and media... looks like we're all tools and you're in a category all by yourself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Tools like his fellow players, coaches and media... looks like we're all tools and you're in a category all by yourself.

Not quite. I remember saying to MVPkilla and Rusty that Mackenzie was gonna get cut and they were like NOOOO WAYYYY, He is a 3rd round pick!!! I actually liked the pick when it happened but it only took 2 preseason games for me to see he was gone and THIS is the problem. Forget coaches and players, WHY do some posters feel like JUST because THEY didnt make that correct analysis that somehow that makes US wrong. Fans need to either stop letting their fandom get in the way of assesing players or step their game up as far as learning how to evaluate players. I understand everyone will have different levels of understanding but its pretty lame when someone correctly calls what a player future is and gets bashed for it and when it comes to fruition, everyone tries to explain it away as the draft being a crap shoot. This we know but it doesnt mean we have to say that every player that walks through here is going to canton. Rusty thinks every defensive pic is HOF bound. I also think Mayo is overated in the aspect of not showing up in big games. So he isnt alone there

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wow you guys are some real experts, Tyrone Mackenzie just finished his 2nd NFL season, he still plays for the Vikings and was always considered a project player. That you expect every late round draft pick and undrafted free agent to be a superstar says more about you than it does Belichick's ability to spot talent.  Did you know Mike Vrabel was a back up on the Steelers for years before he became a Patriot?

That I have to sit here and argue on behalf of the winningest GM/Coach over the last decade is stupefying, it's about as numbingly stupid as calling the NFL's leading tackler overrated.  Only NE "fans" could be this entitled, it's embarrassing... it really is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wow you guys are some real experts, Tyrone Mackenzie just finished his 2nd NFL season, he still plays for the Vikings and was always considered a project player. That you expect every late round draft pick and undrafted free agent to be a superstar says more about you than it does Belichick's ability to spot talent.  Did you know Mike Vrabel was a back up on the Steelers for years before he became a Patriot?

That I have to sit here and argue on behalf of the winningest GM/Coach over the last decade is stupefying, it's about as numbingly stupid as calling the NFL's leading tackler overrated.  Only NE "fans" could be this entitled, it's embarrassing... it really is.

You keep taking this the wrong way wozzy. You dont HAVE to do anything. Once again, I am not dissing BB. I was pointing out that SOME fans get all bent out of shape when another fan makes an early call and sais "this guy aint gonna cut it"  Whats wrong with that? Isnt that what the board is about??  I dont really care about mackenzies career. I never said he couldnt play in the NFL. I said he wasnt gonna make it HERE after I watched 2 games. Maybe its premature to you but ive seen BB operate for over 10 years now, I know what he wants so to speak and thats not bragging, thats something ALL knowledgable fans should know. Players that are successfull elswhere dont always translate here because BB wants specific things. Mackenzie was just a downhill thumper, one that we needed but I knew BB asks more than that and he struggles too much in space. Case closed. I made my asessment. Others wanted to give him 3 years but BB AGREED with me so why am I the bad guy??

Also Mackenzie was a 3rd round pick , I wouldnt exactly call that late. INstead of asking why fans on a message board question BB, maybe you should ask why, If he is so great and devoid of critism , why we havent won a TItle in 8 years despite being in position to numerous times and the reasons we lost are less to due with talent and more about coaching. You are always coming back with these responses making excuses for a guy that doesnt tolerate them himself. Like I always say, BB is a "do your job" kind of guy, ruthless and does things like cut Underwood the day before the SB for no good reason because our depth was useless. I think he deserves the same accountabilty he EXPECTS and sure doesnt need you making excuses for him nor does he want that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

You keep taking this the wrong way wozzy. You don't HAVE to do anything. Once again, I am not dissing BB. I was pointing out that SOME fans get all bent out of shape when another fan makes an early call and sais "this guy aint gonna cut it"  Whats wrong with that? Isnt that what the board is about??  I dont really care about mackenzies career. I never said he couldnt play in the NFL. I said he wasnt gonna make it HERE after I watched 2 games. Maybe its premature to you but ive seen BB operate for over 10 years now, I know what he wants so to speak and thats not bragging, thats something ALL knowledgable fans should know. Players that are successfull elswhere dont always translate here because BB wants specific things. Mackenzie was just a downhill thumper, one that we needed but I knew BB asks more than that and he struggles too much in space. Case closed. I made my asessment. Others wanted to give him 3 years but BB AGREED with me so why am I the bad guy??

Also Mackenzie was a 3rd round pick , I wouldnt exactly call that late. INstead of asking why fans on a message board question BB, maybe you should ask why, If he is so great and devoid of criticism , why we haven't won a TItle in 8 years despite being in position to numerous times and the reasons we lost are less to due with talent and more about coaching. You are always coming back with these responses making excuses for a guy that doesnt tolerate them himself. Like I always say, BB is a "do your job" kind of guy, ruthless and does things like cut Underwood the day before the SB for no good reason because our depth was useless. I think he deserves the same accountabilty he EXPECTS and sure doesnt need you making excuses for him nor does he want that.

There's 26 other teams that haven't won a Super Bowl in the last 8 years.  I have no problem being an armchair GM and enjoying the draft process, I do it myself.  But propping yourself up and pretending you could do a better job of it than Belichick just because you can pick winners 3 years in hindsight is the height of stupidity.  

Again, it's impossible to simultaneously be a raging success (which the Pats are, Super Bowl or no) and also be a failure.

This thread was devolving into an anti-Belichick rant, lets put the brakes on that and get some perspective.  31 other teams, GM's, owners disagree with your Belichick criticisms, it's why they fall over themselves to pick up the draft picks that don't make his team every year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't consider a 3rd rounder a "late round pick". That's top 100 players. You should be getting at least a starter or good backup out of those picks if you want to call it a good use of the pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

But propping yourself up and pretending you could do a better job of it than Belichick just because you can pick winners 3 years in hindsight is the height of stupidity.  

I certainly haven't ever said I could do it better than BB. But I will say I probably wouldn't have done much worse.

I'm just assessing BB's performance not claiming I could do better. I'd love it if Kraft let me try though. LMAO

I think I've been more than fair with BB in that analysis. I just claim he's not the genius team builder others say he is. He's probably better than the average decision maker in the NFL. If his drafting and FA signing was as good as his trading and cap management he would be at a genius level as a GM.

We should do a live draft thread on draft day and make our picks for the Pats as the names come off the board. It would be fun to see down the road how well we did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

You keep taking this the wrong way wozzy. You don't HAVE to do anything. Once again, I am not dissing BB. I was pointing out that SOME fans get all bent out of shape when another fan makes an early call and sais "this guy aint gonna cut it"  Whats wrong with that? Isnt that what the board is about??  I dont really care about mackenzies career. I never said he couldnt play in the NFL. I said he wasnt gonna make it HERE after I watched 2 games. Maybe its premature to you but ive seen BB operate for over 10 years now, I know what he wants so to speak and thats not bragging, thats something ALL knowledgable fans should know. Players that are successfull elswhere dont always translate here because BB wants specific things. Mackenzie was just a downhill thumper, one that we needed but I knew BB asks more than that and he struggles too much in space. Case closed. I made my asessment. Others wanted to give him 3 years but BB AGREED with me so why am I the bad guy??

Also Mackenzie was a 3rd round pick , I wouldnt exactly call that late. INstead of asking why fans on a message board question BB, maybe you should ask why, If he is so great and devoid of criticism , why we haven't won a TItle in 8 years despite being in position to numerous times and the reasons we lost are less to due with talent and more about coaching. You are always coming back with these responses making excuses for a guy that doesnt tolerate them himself. Like I always say, BB is a "do your job" kind of guy, ruthless and does things like cut Underwood the day before the SB for no good reason because our depth was useless. I think he deserves the same accountabilty he EXPECTS and sure doesnt need you making excuses for him nor does he want that.

There's 26 other teams that haven't won a Super Bowl in the last 8 years.  I have no problem being an armchair GM and enjoying the draft process, I do it myself.  But propping yourself up and pretending you could do a better job of it than Belichick just because you can pick winners 3 years in hindsight is the height of stupidity.  

Again, it's impossible to simultaneously be a raging success (which the Pats are, Super Bowl or no) and also be a failure.

This thread was devolving into an anti-Belichick rant, lets put the brakes on that and get some perspective.  31 other teams, GM's, owners disagree with your Belichick criticisms, it's why they fall over themselves to pick up the draft picks that don't make his team every year.

I dont think you and I are on the same page but its cool. I still dont get why you keep intepreting me wrong. I am not too critical of BB's drafting because I know its not full proof but If I had to say something I would say he struggles drafting Dbs and Wrs and thats not really debatable to most fans. I Never said the Pats were failures. At the same time if we are gonna PROP up BB as this superior GM/COAch and can admit Brady is one of the best doing it and most people say you have to have a coach and QB, I would think end results would be better and THATS where BB the coach can be critisized because for someone who is so ABOVE everyone else he sure looks average when coaching playoff games and you would be hard pressed to call him the best and thats because of the lack of success BB the GM has had. It is what it is. I dont have to switch teams but I dont have to sit on my hands and clap for everything either. Why do YOU care what others think??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I just claim he's not the genius team builder others say he is. He's probably better than the average decision maker in the NFL.

We should do a live draft thread on draft day and make our picks for the Pats as the names come off the board. It would be fun to see down the road how well we did.

I would ask, if winning is the barometer by which we're measuring, who is better?

I like the live draft thread idea, that might be fun.  Maybe we could get the rest of the draftniks involved?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Babe,

If it's easy to be successful with a hall of fame QB, then why did Dan Marino and Fran Tarkenton, statistically the two best QB's to ever play the game never win a championship.  Until you can answer that there is no moving forward with that arguement.  And don't tell me it's because Don Shula and Norm Van Brocklin couldn't coach...

Anyone, anyone...  Bueller, Bueller?

"crickets chirping"

Hey in his second stint with Minnesota he led them to 3 Super Bowls. By your own admission, SB's are not easy to win. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Babe,

If it's easy to be successful with a hall of fame QB, then why did Dan Marino and Fran Tarkenton, statistically the two best QB's to ever play the game never win a championship.  Until you can answer that there is no moving forward with that arguement.  And don't tell me it's because Don Shula and Norm Van Brocklin couldn't coach...

Anyone, anyone...  Bueller, Bueller?

"crickets chirping"

Hey in his second stint with Minnesota he led them to 3 Super Bowls. By your own admission, SB's are not easy to win. 

Didn't say he never went, said he never won.  Marino went to one in his entire career... it's supposed to be easy once you have the QB right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I just claim he's not the genius team builder others say he is. He's probably better than the average decision maker in the NFL.

I would ask, if winning is the barometer by which we're measuring, who is better?

I like the live draft thread idea, that might be fun.  Maybe we could get the rest of the draftniks involved?

Winning with the GOAT at QB has to be taken with a grain of salt. If BB sticks around once Brady goes, we will know much more about if he is a team building genius or not.

About a live draft day thread....

Build it.... and they will come.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

A 3rd round pick is VASTLY more accountable for than a 6th round pick. In the 3rd round you are still looking at the top 100 players. It is still well entrenched in the realm of needing sound judgement. By the 6th round it is almost completely a crap shoot.

I certainly wouldn't criticize any GM for a poor 6th round pick, just as I wouldn't credit him for a great one.

The top 3 rounds (possibly 4) can be scrutinized as a measure of drafting skill. Beyond that it becomes a big stretch to give a thumbs up or down on the results as a measure of the caliber of the decision maker.

This is garbage, pre-draft rankings mean nothing compared to the draft board of actual NFL teams and professionals.  Not for nothing but Mel Kiper's pre-draft picks hold no more weight to actual NFL war rooms than mine or yours; he never played, coached or worked as a GM.  His only claim to fame was he tracked measurables before the internet made them readily available to us.

Not sure exactly what you're talking about here wozzy. It seems your response has nothing to do with my post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In summary, the morons on this threare are:  Triple OG, Babe, BdBreu and anyone who follows their rhetoric.

It's the same anti-BB teenagers or adults who act like teenagers who share the shame continuous premise, which is blame BB at every turn, in order to make excuses for Tom Brady's horrendous last 3 AFC title games at home, whether it be in 2007 or in 2012 or obviously mediocre postseasons snce 2005.

The last game where Brady played above and beyond in a tought situation in the postseason?

2006 in SD.

TRUTH HURTS

Jeesuz, will you stop stepping on every post with the name calling, I'm trying to get Babe to answer the question above and you're providing him ample reason to ignore it.

Pipe down. We all know he won't answer it. You coming at me is what gives that little 5 man tool group the ammo they want with trolls aligning.

Focus on Irrationals and Trolls.

Wozzy cuts you more slack than most anybody goofball, but you can't even keep it cool with him. What the hell is wrong with you? Has that Alex Smith sex doll of yours been being abusive? Are you a "battered fanboy"?

You're some kind of weird little misfit here junior. You have burned just about every bridge you ever had with your psychotic ravings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

A 3rd round pick is VASTLY more accountable for than a 6th round pick. In the 3rd round you are still looking at the top 100 players. It is still well entrenched in the realm of needing sound judgement. By the 6th round it is almost completely a crap shoot.

I certainly wouldn't criticize any GM for a poor 6th round pick, just as I wouldn't credit him for a great one.

The top 3 rounds (possibly 4) can be scrutinized as a measure of drafting skill. Beyond that it becomes a big stretch to give a thumbs up or down on the results as a measure of the caliber of the decision maker.

This is garbage, pre-draft rankings mean nothing compared to the draft board of actual NFL teams and professionals.  Not for nothing but Mel Kiper's pre-draft picks hold no more weight to actual NFL war rooms than mine or yours; he never played, coached or worked as a GM.  His only claim to fame was he tracked measurables before the internet made them readily available to us.

Not sure exactly what you're talking about here wozzy. It seems your response has nothing to do with my post.

The list of the top 100 players, who ranks them, who grades them?  

Everybody has a different list.  BB had Logan Mankins as the top guard available when he took him, Kiper said Belichick was crazy for reaching, same with Tavon Wilson, same with Pete Carroll taking Bruce Irvin in the first round and on and on...  these lists are fun to look at but they have no authority.  The year we took Seymour there were at least 2 DT's ranked higher than him but Seymour was the best in his draft class by far.

More importantly a 1st or 2nd round pick has no more certainty of being great than the 5th or 6th round pick.  Nobody hits on all of their picks, nobody, because it's an inexact science.  BB is as good at finding what his team needs as anybody and nitpicking about draft picks can only be done 3-4 years after the fact.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Everybody has a different list.  BB had Logan Mankins as the top guard available when he took him, Kiper said Belichick was crazy for reaching, same with Tavon Wilson, same with Pete Carroll taking Bruce Irvin in the first round and on and on...  these lists are fun to look at but they have no authority.  The year we took Seymour there were at least 2 DT's ranked higher than him but Seymour was the best in his draft class by far.

More importantly a 1st or 2nd round pick has no more certainty of being great than the 5th or 6th round pick.  Nobody hits on all of their picks, nobody, because it's an inexact science.  BB is as good at finding what his team needs as anybody and nitpicking about draft picks can only be done 3-4 years after the fact.

I'm saying the top 100 "PLAYERS TAKEN" in the draft. The first 100 picks.

I'm not talking about where they are rated.

Of course a 1st round pick has a better chance of hitting than a 5th round pick. I really can't belive you are saying otherwise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

A 1st round pick has a much higher probability of being a successful starter than a 5th pick. If it wasn't the case, every team would be trading their 1sts for 5ths, and drafting order wouldn't really matter.

overall, bb is a good GM. I think he is better than most because of his salary cap management skills. 

consider this...if bb is in the top 5 gm's in the business, and he isa defensive genius, why has he faired so poorly drafting competent secondary playerHie since 2006, he has hit on roughly 50% of his pcks in rounds 1-3. That is average. He does do a good job in the late rounds and with udFA 's.. Given the sheer amount of defensive picks since 2006, every starter on defense should either be a 1 st or 2nd round talent. This doesn't assume he hits on 100%...just if he increased his hit rate by 15%...which is where I would expect a top 5 GM + defensive genius to be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In summary, the morons on this threare are:  Triple OG, Babe, BdBreu and anyone who follows their rhetoric.

It's the same anti-BB teenagers or adults who act like teenagers who share the shame continuous premise, which is blame BB at every turn, in order to make excuses for Tom Brady's horrendous last 3 AFC title games at home, whether it be in 2007 or in 2012 or obviously mediocre postseasons snce 2005.

The last game where Brady played above and beyond in a tought situation in the postseason?

2006 in SD.

TRUTH HURTS

Jeesuz, will you stop stepping on every post with the name calling, I'm trying to get Babe to answer the question above and you're providing him ample reason to ignore it.

Pipe down. We all know he won't answer it. You coming at me is what gives that little 5 man tool group the ammo they want with trolls aligning.

Focus on Irrationals and Trolls.

Wozzy cuts you more slack than most anybody goofball, but you can't even keep it cool with him. What the hell is wrong with you? Has that Alex Smith sex doll of yours been being abusive? Are you a "battered fanboy"?

You're some kind of weird little misfit here junior. You have burned just about every bridge you ever had with your psychotic ravings.

Wow, this is some funny stuff! Hahaha!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I'm saying the top 100 "PLAYERS TAKEN" in the draft. The first 100 picks.

I'm not talking about where they are rated.

Of course a 1st round pick has a better chance of hitting than a 5th round pick. I really can't belive you are saying otherwise.

i guess wozzy doesn't understand that's usually why one is a 1st rd pick and one is a 5th round pick

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Kijana Carter, Jemarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf... just a few in a long line of "can't miss" first round prospects.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

In the spirit of this post..why don't we look for diamonds in the rough on other teams and get the word.put to BB ...I'm very confident that teams with good wrs.have good wrs on the bench...teams with strong defensive lines have good players that might not get a shot BC of the strength of the starters...finally I'm convinced that teams need good wrs to win nowadays...Giants, Green Bay, Saints,.now Ravens...blueprint is there .

go get TFB a stud WR...please!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:

In the spirit of this post..why don't we look for diamonds in the rough on other teams and get the word.put to BB ...I'm very confident that teams with good wrs.have good wrs on the bench...teams with strong defensive lines have good players that might not get a shot BC of the strength of the starters...finally I'm convinced that teams need good wrs to win nowadays...Giants, Green Bay, Saints,.now Ravens...blueprint is there .

go get TFB a stud WR...please!

Problem is that every team tries to develop the next cheaper option at each position while playing the good players. Thats why a GB is probably letting two good receivers walk this year, because they are going to be too expensive and they have rookie contract guys ready to step in to starting roles. I see Hightower/Spikes in thhat light. Spikes is probably gone next year because his price will be too high, but Hightower will be ready to replace him. And the Pats would probably trade Spikes this year if they could get good value for him.

Sections
Shortcuts