All in for 2013!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: All in for 2013!

If by All IN, you mean fix the GLARING needs that have kept this team from winning a title the last 8 years??  I just dont know if there are enough pics. Is there enough money. Are there enough stoopid GMs to trade with to make those things go away after being a constant here for so long. Everyone agrees we need another WR, but we also have to let Wes go or likely Brady will still over use him.  We have to get a real SS who can hit, cover. That WR I just mentioned has to have Cohuna's! He has to be the Anti_Moss and STEP UP in the postseson instead of dissapearing.  We have to get better in special teams. We have noone to change the game back there.

If BB NAILS the Draft AND has some money to get a WR and SS in free agency , we will be better off than we were this year. I just want to move on from Wes so people can see we WILL still be able to score points without the Mighty Wes on the team. Most football guys I know agree he is a good player but him being the # 1 target is hurting THIS team. He is always at the sticks and like I said, how hard is that to defend. People forget that in 09' BB was basically saying that offense was done and thats why I call the 2007 team Paper Champ! Had all the talent but no stones! and really only 2 GO TO GUYS! Moss and Welker. Once teams had the film it was the easiest offense to gameplan for. Time to get more DIVERSE and utilize Vareen, Woody, (another WR) more so teams cant stop us so easily

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In 2010, BB started 4 rookies on D, 2 on offense and it was beyond clear going into the lockout what the approach was.

Of course he started rookies on D in 2010 dumbkoff. He had just blown SEVEN high draft picks on defense in the previous 3 years!

Meriweather, Crable, Wheatley, McKenzie, Butler, Brace and Chung.

Junior, please at least put up a fight here. Debating you on BB's great team building is like shooting fish in a barrel.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This thread has devolved into another anti-Belichick screed...

It is impossible to field a winning team every year, be in the Super Bowl or one game from it, and also be a bad GM.      Impossible.

Anyone saying this is no better than the jackazzs who say Brady is no good.  Show me a GM that hits on as many draft picks and undrafted free agents with the continued success of Belichick nevermind better than him?  You can't, so don't bother.

You all realize that Belichick is picking from the bottom of the draft right, that's because he wins.  Nobody hits on all their picks except the experts here who make their picks two years in hindsight.  

What this team needs is a defensive tackle from the top of the 1st round in the next draft because big three hundred pound tackles can't be found outside the first round.  "All in" in New England means packaging some picks to move up in the 1st round which is what BB did last year with Jones and Hightower, both of whom will be solid players for years to come barring injury. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In 2010, BB started 4 rookies on D, 2 on offense and it was beyond clear going into the lockout what the approach was.

Of course he started rookies on D in 2010 dumbkoff. He had just blown SEVEN high draft picks on defense in the previous 3 years!

Junior, please at least put up a fight here. Debating you on BB's great team building is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Wow, I forgot about some of those names...painfull to see. I think it's funny how Rusty goes on and on about how San Fran has  built their defense upon ten years of their top ten picks...very far from the truth. In fact the only top ten pick of theirs is Aldon Smith. Bowman was a third rounder. Justin Smith was a free agent signing. Dashon Goldson was a fourth round pick. Donte Wittner was a free agent signing. Ahmad Brooks was a free agent signing and a guy that went in the supplemental draft to Cincy. The only guy that was near a "top ten pick" was the best middle linebacker in the NFL, Patrick Willis at 11. San FRan is a perfect example of a defense built through multiple resources available to any team...draft, free agency, trades. And take a look at Baltimore's defense - now there's a defense built on the draft and none of them were "top ten picks".

Aside from the draft busts you mention - the free agent busts are even worse...Haynesworth, Gregory, Springs, Bodden, Fenene, Ellis, Banta Cain...we spent millions on these dopes...they did nothing to help. What are the total contract values in those names? 50 million? How much of that fifty million worked out for us? None. Money and resources wasted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

This thread has devolved into another anti-Belichick screed...

It is impossible to field a winning team every year, be in the Super Bowl or one game from it, and also be a bad GM.      Impossible.

Anyone saying this is no better than the jackazzs who say Brady is no good.  Show me a GM that hits on as many draft picks and undrafted free agents with the continued success of Belichick nevermind better than him?  You can't, so don't bother.

You all realize that Belichick is picking from the bottom of the draft right, that's because he wins.  Nobody hits on all their picks except the experts here who make their picks two years in hindsight.  

What this team needs is a defensive tackle from the top of the 1st round in the next draft because big three hundred pound tackles can't be found outside the first round.  "All in" in New England means packaging some picks to move up in the 1st round which is what BB did last year with Jones and Hightower, both of whom will be solid players for years to come barring injury. 

It is not impossible... if you have a HOF QB. All you have to do is put a MEDIOCRE team around a guy like that and you will succeed.

Our division aren't a bunch of pushovers, but we clearly have had a huge leg up on them at the QB slot for years and years. That alone is a near guarantee for the playoffs every year.

BB has done ok with his offensive picks. But the D picks have been mostly downright futile.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It is not impossible... if you have a HOF QB. All you have to do is put a MEDIOCRE team around a guy like that and you will succeed.

Our division aren't a bunch of pushovers, but we clearly have had a huge leg up on them at the QB slot for years and years. That alone is a near guarantee for the playoffs every year.

BB has done ok with his offensive picks. But the D picks have been mostly downright futile.

How many rings did Marino and Tarkenton win again?

None.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Oh yeah and I almost forgot, who was the GM that took Tom Brady in the 6th round again?

Dumb doesn't begin to describe this mindset.

Babe I'll make the same I offer that I did last year for you to provide us with your can't miss draft prospects, hopefully this time you won't disappear prior to the draft and reappear afterward to tell us how anyone can pick winners... by the way would you accompany me to the horse track this weekend?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Wow, I forgot about some of those names...painfull to see. I think it's funny how Rusty goes on and on about how San Fran has  built their defense upon ten years of their top ten picks...very far from the truth. In fact the only top ten pick of theirs is Aldon Smith. Bowman was a third rounder. Justin Smith was a free agent signing. Dashon Goldson was a fourth round pick. Donte Wittner was a free agent signing. Ahmad Brooks was a free agent signing and a guy that went in the supplemental draft to Cincy. The only guy that was near a "top ten pick" was the best middle linebacker in the NFL, Patrick Willis at 11. San FRan is a perfect example of a defense built through multiple resources available to any team...draft, free agency, trades. And take a look at Baltimore's defense - now there's a defense built on the draft and none of them were "top ten picks".

Aside from the draft busts you mention - the free agent busts are even worse...Haynesworth, Gregory, Springs, Bodden, Fenene, Ellis, Banta Cain...we spent millions on these dopes...they did nothing to help. What are the total contract values in those names? 50 million? How much of that fifty million worked out for us? None. Money and resources wasted.

BB has just not gotten it done as GM. It's not that he has been terrible (except on D picks and some real dog FAs) but average or above average means you have an 8-8 team. Brady and no other stud QB in the division mitigates that but he alone can't carry that mediocrity to the promised land.

More and more people are seeing what a few of us have seen for years. Sad but true. The genius coach is sure as hell not a genius GM.

The party is just about over. I'm afraid unless BB gets very lucky we won't see a Lombardi before Brady hangs them up. Kraft shows no signs of bringing in somebody who can make better personnel decisions. And I doubt BB's ego would put up with that either.

Let's hope for a miracle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

None.

Insert the sound of crickets chirping...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

BB has just not gotten it done as GM. It's not that he has been terrible (except on D picks and some real dog FAs) but average or above average means you have an 8-8 team. Brady and no other stud QB in the division mitigates that but he alone can't carry that mediocrity to the promised land.

More and more people are seeing what a few of us have seen for years. Sad but true. The genius coach is sure as hell not a genius GM.

The party is just about over. I'm afraid unless BB gets very lucky we won't see a Lombardi before Brady hangs them up. Kraft shows no signs of bringing in somebody who can make better personnel decisions. And I doubt BB's ego would put up with that either.

Let's hope for a miracle.

Its definately time for BB to get a draft consultant in regards to WRs and DBs. 2 positions that he has def. failed at and it has nothing to do with WHERE we were drafting because I can site a player for everyone drafted that I had on my list that went AFTER we picked. The most glaring being Jackons over Jennings that set us back. More recently we picked Taylor Price over Navarro Bowman....lol

Explain that away Wozzy....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He drafted Asante Samuel and Deion Branch, both of whom won Super Bowl rings with us and have gone on to very impressive careers.

I just explained that away.

The draft at best is a crapshoot and your only an "expert" on Navarro Bowman years later in hindsight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Oh yeah and I almost forgot, who was the GM that took Tom Brady in the 6th round again?

Dumb doesn't begin to describe this mindset.

Babe I'll make the same I offer that I did last year for you to provide us with your can't miss draft prospects, hopefully this time you won't disappear prior to the draft and reappear afterward to tell us how anyone can pick winners... by the way would you accompany me to the horse track this weekend?

I think just about every objective observer considers Brady the luckiest pick in NFL history wozz.

I'll try to meet your challenge on the draft. I really didn't dodge it last time. I just took a break from the board... things were off-season slow.

I did say in 2011 I would have traded up for Quinn and taken Carimi instead of taking Solder and Dowling (and trading another pick down). Quinn had 10.5 sacks this season and Carimi after being badly injured in his first year started 14 games for the Bears this year. I would take those two over our two based on what they have shown so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So when BB makes a pick like Brady, Seymour, Ty Warren, Deion Branch, Asante Samuel, Eugene Wilson, Vince Wilfork he is just lucky but when a player doesn't make it due to injury or some personal reason, than he is a bad GM... ok, I get it now.

Silly is a word I might use...

Please we'll pick this conversation up around the draft again for anyone interested in giving us your picks.  Also I'll expect some picks from late in the draft, you can't just take first round blue chip prospects, in the real world you might not have 6 picks in the first round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

None.

How is that pertinent wozzy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So when BB makes a pick like Brady, Seymour, Ty Warren, Deion Branch, Asante Samuel, Eugene Wilson, Vince Wilfork he is just lucky but when a player doesn't make it due to injury or some personal reason than he is a bad GM... ok, I get it now.

No. Brady was a lucky pick. Seymour, Branch, Wilfork and Samuel were fairly good picks. Nobody has said his every pick was bad. Any pick in the first 3-4 rounds isn't strictly a matter of luck. After that luck plays a much bigger part.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You don't "luck" your way into a Super Bowl contender every year for over a decade.  That's dumb.

Also I didn't mention Damien Woody, Ridley or the undrafted guys like Bolden, Francis we currently have or the Randall Gay's who, while they weren't all pro players helped us win a ring.  

It's impossible to field one of the league's best teams, be the model franchise that others emulate and have our own entitled fans say he is a bad GM.  It's as nonsensical as the Brady bashers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

He drafted Asante Samuel and Deion Branch, both of whom won Super Bowl rings with us and have gone on to very impressive careers.

I just explained that away.

The draft at best is a crapshoot and your only an "expert" on Navarro Bowman years later in hindsight.

No actually I knew of him and Jenning before they were drafted but in BBs defense , atleast Jackson looked the part and he got a recommendation from Meyers so cant fault him too much. It is what it is. Noone saying BB has to be perfect but you dont have to explain away why he hasnt been better. I thought he spent too much time in Florida that offseason and didnt scout OTHER talent. Ive never heard of a guy drafting so many players from one system due to his buddy running it. I mean how many BAD endorsements is coach gonna give knowing the more of his players go pro, the more he gets in recruiting. Its simple things like this that are never discussed. Im just saying, it aint always "BB piks late, u get whats left"  Sometimes it actuall wrong or bad decisions made and people Act like BB is above making the wrong choice and he is not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

When you're dealing in people than unexpected results is what you'll get, people are unpredictable and subject to human fallacies.  People are unreliable until they prove they're not, and this game has injury that plays a huge part in determining success or failure.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Let's take a look at Ozzie Newsome one of the more respected personnel men in the league.  He was made GM in November of 2002 so let's look at the Ravens drafts from 2003 and onwards.  In that time in the first 3 rounds he has drafted:

Kyle Boller (traded up for this pick), Musa Smith, Devard Darling, Dwan Edwards, Adam Terry, Dan Cody, Mark Clayton, David Pittman, Yamon Figurs, Tavares Gooden, Tom Zbikowski, Sergio Kindle, Terrence Cody, Jah Reid and Jimmy Smith

None of the above guys have made much of an impact and most were outright busts.  The point is even the best talent evaluators miss a lot of picks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

When you're dealing in people than unexpected results is what you'll get, people are unpredictable and subject to human fallacies.  People are unreliable until they prove they're not, and this game has injury that plays a huge part in determining success or failure.

Huh?  Now you are starting to sound like Yoda!  Is BB human, yes. Being in the bizness for 30 plus years means you should have a leg up though and every year he has enough ammo to pick basically whereever he wants. He should have built a super team by now but instead EVERY year we are drafting more DBs and releasing the ones that played the year before. 8 years and STILL no formidadle CB?? I bet if BB had HINDSIGHT, he gives Asante the money he was looking for. God knows we  have spent more than that trying to replace him and are still at square 1.  Maybe Petey Carrol can help...lol, oh he did. BB is picking CFL guys now.... Hmmmmm, Surely he must be the innnovator in that regards right? what? Petey Carrol took Brandon Browner from the CFL to complete his secondary that took 2 years to build??  Oh My!  That must be the exception right?

25. This post has been removed.