All is good with the Patriots Pass Rush

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: All is good with the Patriots Pass Rush

You guys are pathetic. We've played 3 of the top ten offenses in the league and beat two. The loss was Brady's doing although you all refuse to admit it. And still you whine. You guys are completely clueless as to how hard it is to put together a team that's top on both sides of the ball. The cap is against you. The rules are against you. Yet you still whine.

Notice a repetative word? Whine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: All is good with the Patriots Pass Rush:
    In Response to Re: All is good with the Patriots Pass Rush : You want to see more sacks? Then empty your piggybank and buy your own team. The rest of us are more interested in win/loss. The teams purpose is not to entertain you with flashy sacks it's to win games. as for Campbell's INTs. Most are QB mistakes. You really don't know anything about football. I bet you're a big time fantasy football owner though.
    Posted by Evil2012

Uuughhhh!

Never mind.  Another guy who thinks anyone that disagrees with them doesnt know football.  You would be surprised at how much football I know and how much I am around it.  I actually like winning first, but there is this thing called a sports forum where people vent and discuss things....ya know..like the one you are on now

No, I hate fantasy football,.

Do you worship the devil?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

I see what I want? no, if so I would see more sacks I guess somewhere in the midst of these QB's throwing for 400 yards there may have been one or two times they were a bit uncomfortable by having to side step a lineman being pushed back into him, but obviously it hasnt happend enough or they would eventually lead to sacks and errant throws.  There have been some yes, but most are just bonehead plays like Campbells gift wrapped INT. We dont have to agree.  You keep an eye on that pocket.  I'll look for the QB to hit the ground.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

So if a team gets 400 yards and you win do you only get half a win?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: All is good with the Patriots Pass Rush : Uuughhhh! Never mind.  Another guy who thinks anyone that disagrees with them doesnt know football.  You would be surprised at how much football I know and how much I am around it.  I actually like winning first, but there is this thing called a sports forum where people vent and discuss things....ya know..like the one you are on now No, I hate fantasy football,. Do you worship the devil?
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Wrong. The reasoning you put forth in your posts prove you don't know what you're talking about. How many millions of time have you used total yards or passing yards while completely ignoring the ranking of the opponent or the quality of their offense? You ignore injuries and the shortened training scedule. You seem to think sack stats are more important than winning. Thats why you don't know football

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Evil, do you have other things you can do with your time?

Its a board to dicsuss. The fact that we are winning means we cant want a more potent pass rush?

Have you watched all other NFL teams.  I know there are different schemes, front, defenses, etc, but I watch the whole league and its a valid thing to bring up because most other teams have that guy who can force the qb to throw quicker than he wants.

Do you think they want Ninkovich to get sacks?  They rush him on every play. Does he pull up just short of the qb and say "wait, im not supposed to sack him"
    NO , he is trying, but the personell is well....shyt! 

Dont insult other people for seeing obvious things.  You happen to like the pressure up front, others would like to see more....Thats It.

Go post on another thread.

You are following the wrong person....you will never see me bringing up stats to say this or that...I go by what I see and I think compared to other teams we can def. do better and thats all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

We've never had a high sack team here. Ever.  McGinest's high was 12.5 in the Carroll era, right? Seymour's was 8 in 2008 on a team with no pass rush. Vrabel had 12 in 2007.  Those are outliers on a stat sheet, not the norm. That proves the sack totals and just gawking at stats means nothing. It's the timing of these plays, not just stats. BB never shows much early in a year. It's why when he we do get big plays and confuse QBs in the postseason in the past on D, they usually come from wrinkles or some new scheme out of nowhere. They don't come from Dwight Freeneyesque moves, making one play all game on a sack, and ignoring the run.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

If they never had a high sack team ever how do you explain overall sacks in the league 2003 6th 2004 3rd 2007 2nd?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Evil, you have other things you can do with your time? Its a board to dicsuss. The fact that we are winning meaning we cant want a more potent pass rush. Have you watched all other NFL teams.  I know there are different schemes, front, defenses, etc, but I watch the whole league and its a valid thing to bring up because most other teams have that guy who can force the qb to throw quicker than he wants. Do you think they want Ninkovich to get sacks?  They rush him on every play. Does he pull up just short of the qb and say "wait, im not supposed to sack him" NO , he is trying, but the personell is well....shyt!  Dont insult other people for seeing obvious things.  You happen to like the pressure up front, others would like to see more....Thats It. Go post on another thread.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

OK lord of the thread whatever you decree. Don't act like you're having a discussion. You ignore every fact that proves your fixation with sacks and passing yards to be bogus. You ignore the quality of the offenses we've faced so far. You won't even admit that Brady lost the Bills game not the defense. Instead you hold onto your meaningless stats like a pit bull with a bone. Apparently your version of discussion means people shouldn't present things that prove you wrong.

Do I worship the devil? Is this your big discussion technique? Could you come up with a dumber insult attempt.

Maybe it's time for you to harp on last post season's Jets game so you can ignore how inept the offense was.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

What else would you expect from a D Line when a DB is our nose tackle!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: All is good with the Patriots Pass Rush : Scheming, blitzing, veteran D. That's how. Isn't Rodney the all time sack leader for a Safety? I think so. That helps explain that.

We've never had a high sack team here. Ever. = FAIL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: All is good with the Patriots Pass Rush : Scheming, blitzing, veteran D. That's how.

Funny thing about that veteran defenses. They get old and then you have to replace them while working within the cap while at the same time trying to address your offensive needs. The window of opportunity was open and we dived through it and came back with 3 rings out of 4 SB appearences. Getting a team together like that together again is damn near imposible but don't tell the spoiled little children here that. They all think BB can wave a magic wand and poof here's a perfect storm of a team again despite everything the league does to prevent it from happening. The simple fact is their all spoiled and like most spoiled children they're throwing a tantrum when they don't get their wish.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

What else would you expect from a D Line when a DB is our nose tackle!!
    Posted by SANPAT

Good job. Comments like that will certainly make people want to take you seriously.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: All is good with the Patriots Pass Rush : We've never had a high sack team here. Ever. = FAIL
    Posted by tompenny

Great teenage texting insult

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Please stop lumping me in with others

I have never excused brady or the offense for losing the buffalo game.  Try Again

You made a lame attemp  at calling me a fantasy guy cuz i said there wasnt much pressure, yet you take offense of me asking if you worship the devil sitting there with a goathead as your avater and the name EVIL....lmao!!

You are on ignore now.  I hope something positive happens in your life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

No push up the middle...the ends have been getting up field, but with no push up the middle the QB's just step up and dump the ball underneath. If there was pressure up the middle it would force opposing QB's right or left into the waiting arms of Carter or Anderson or the outside backers.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

No push up the middle...the ends have been getting up field, but with no push up the middle the QB's just step up and dump the ball underneath. If there was pressure up the middle it would force opposing QB's right or left into the waiting arms of Carter or Anderson or the outside backers.
    Posted by PATinPA

You act as if BB can just decree 'pressure up the middle' and it will happen. You do realize there are other teams with good offensive lines?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Please stop lumping me in with others I have never excused brady or the offense for losing the buffalo game.  Try Again You made a lame attemp  at calling me a fantasy guy cuz i said there wasnt much pressure, yet you take offense of me asking if you worship the devil sitting there with a goathead as your avater and the name EVIL....lmao!! You are on ignore now.  I hope something positive happens in your life.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I brought up fantasy because this site has become full of people drowning themselves in stats and meaningless phrases like 'impact' plays while completely ignoring the final score. I'll give you points for admitting brady blew the Bills game despite the fact that this site was full of threads dumping on the D after the game. Someone here even excused 3 of his INTs as 'just like long punts'.

The fact still remains that we've won against some top offensives yet no one seems to care. Personally I'm way more worried about injuries than the level of improvement of the defense and I don't care if we never get a sack as long as we win.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

To presume to say that all is good with the rush would require you first to say they have a rush.  Right now they don't.  It may be due to injuries, it may be due to strategy (but after 4 games against different style offenses I don't think so), but for whatever the reason(s) they are not getting it done in this area. 

If/when the D improves this team will be SB-caliber.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: All is good with the Patriots Pass Rush : Not without scheming, we haven't. Note the stats you gave are when Rodney arrived.  You have to deploy your personnel in the way it will best work. Not to mention, if you blitz a lot now, you'll get cooked the way the league is. There is no epic fail at all. You're just too stupid see what BB is doing. We're 2nd in the NFL in INTs. Would you rather have a sack or an INT? lol

What does scheme have to do with anything? You made a flat out false statement. They DID have teams with high sack totals. Period. End of discussion. Sorry you can't admit you made a false blanket statement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATinPA. Show PATinPA's posts

Undoubtedly there are, I was just throwing out what I am seeing from the games. No need to sound angry buddy.... you need a hug? I feel with a healthy Haynesworth it is very possible to achieve a good push up the middle. It just isn't there and has allowed mediocre qb's high yardage games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Who needs linemen? Vince is our best DB --- two INTs!!!!Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Just realized that BMF could have done a better job with what was said. He only posted part of the responses and non of the questions....here is the whole dialogue which explains a lot more and basically that guys are playing new schemes and for what the coaches are asking they are doing it. I said as much in my post today titles "Bottom Line re;defense"

Here is the whole thing

Patriots defensive line coach Pepper Johnson had a few challenges entering this season. Not only did he have to get his group prepared for more four-man fronts, he had to mesh a group of veterans who played for a range of teams last season.

Johnson called the process "challenging but rewarding" today and said he is pleased with where the unit is going at this point in the season.

Here are a few highlights from his conference call with the media this afternoon.

Satisfied with the team's pass rush?: "I'm a little more than satisfied. I'm quite sure that the questions are from stats and not really detail and watching the game. I'm watching the guys do what we're asking them to do . We're actually hitting the quarterback -- a couple of times a little late -- but we're hitting the quarterback. ... I'm not much of a stat person, I know we have been affecting some throws and we've been getting as much pressure as we possibly can from the situation that we are in."

On Vince Wilfork's impact and interceptions: "It's not really a shocker, but I am happy for him. It just so happened that he was teasing me and getting on me a little bit in front of the fellas earlier this year during training camp about how I stole his interception a few years ago. Jarvis Green got a sack and the ball goes up in the air and Vince had an interception in the record books, but in reviewing the play it was ruled a sack, caused fumble, so Vince didn't get his interception. So I guess he's rubbing it in my face, now because he has two."

On play of D-line in general?: "We're getting a lot of good plays and productive plays from some guys that are playing some techniques and doing some things that they're not normally accustomed to doing. It's kind of hard teaching some old dogs new tricks, but we have some guys that are buying into the system and working at it and working hard to try to do some of the things that we ask them to do."

On if he or Albert Haynesworth are frustrated he hasn't been able to play: "I can't speak for Albert, but myself, Coach Belichick would punch me in the face if I got frustrated because I didn't have a particular player. My job is not to count on one person or something like that. My job is to coach whoever is out there on the field. Until Albert is out there on the field, this is what I have to play with and we have to try to win ballgames without him."

Sections
Shortcuts