All Pro Mayo Ranks Highly

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: All Pro Mayo Ranks Highly

Wow......a list by some dude.  That and $2 will buy you a Power Ball ticket Rusty.  Start a thread when he actually makes a big play in a big game then I'll grovel.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's good, not great, would be better suited at MLB at a 4-3 instead of the WOLB he plays now.

Ol' McCourty had an INT....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Mayo is good, not elite, not yet anyway. He needs to gain more upper body strength. He is also a liability against the pass. I believe he gave up third down passing plays ~ 77% of the time. He must work on that if he wants to be in the elite catagory IMHO. I'm glad we have him make no mistake about that. BTW Spikes gave up third down passing completions something like 83% of the time.

This is actually why I remain convinced the Patriots will convert back to much more of a 3/4 D.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Until he moves back inside, we are going to have problems outside.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

Wow......a list by some dude.  That and $2 will buy you a Power Ball ticket Rusty.  Start a thread when he actually makes a big play in a big game then I'll grovel.

Field YAtes is not "some dude". He's been a scout.  You don't know the game. Mayo is used by BB in such a way that his other LBs make the plays, not him.  His responsibilities go unnoticed by our more novice fans. You know, like you.

lmao

[/QUOTE]

"Used in such a way". BWAH HA HA HA!!  Yeah and those other LB's do a great job making plays.

LOL,  make excuses much for top 10 picks?  Yes BB has a special defense with a Will, Mike and Mayo the SUCK LB.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Until he moves back inside, we are going to have problems outside.

Care to elaborate?  I think our D looked quite good once Talib arrived and before Chandler Jones's ankle sprain. 

You're basically saying you have better analysis than an NFL scout.  

[/QUOTE]

Why bring up Talib when you want my elaboration of Mayo's play as an ouside linebacker? Or Jones? Why can't you ask one single question without throwing your agenda into it? Doesn't it get maddening ...this obsession that you have?

Geez I hope I can give you may elaboration going up against this vaunted NFL scout. Mayo is a little slow to react on the outside and yeah a little slow might not seem like much, just like missing on plays by inches doesn't seem like much to a guy like Chung, but an inch away...a split second slow to react mide as well be a mile in the NFL.

Watch a run to the outside towards Mayo, his brain doesn't want to connect to his feet and he'll stand there for a second not knowing where the hell to go. On the inside it's easy, it gets funneled to the middle and all he has to do is take on blocks with Vince in front of him in all that trash and he's good at it. Outside there's too much space and too many decisions to be made. When he hesitates he gets blocked by second string tight ends as runners go right on past. Or he doesn't read it quick enough and he doesn't get to the outside fast enough. I see this guy not get to the outside regularly...it's hard to get to the outside as a runner (just ask any of the backs we've had for the last 5 years), but they get there on Mayo.

I seriously wonder how many games this "scout" watched of Mayo last year when he was playing much more on the outside. I wonder what he thinks of him in coverage? You do realize the immortal Field Yates graduated college in 09, right? And he spent a few years in the coaching and scouting departments of two NFL teams. He has never been a scout, or a coach for that matter. He most likely ran errands, helped type reports and organized office supplies.

I don't think Mayo is terrible, I just think he is overrated. I think he is good going forward when playing in the middle. I don't think he is good going forward on the outside and I think he is poor going backwards in either spot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Only entitled fans could talk about one of their own players; Rookie of the Year, All Pro, Pro Bowl, lead the entire league in tackles once and averaged over 100+ tackles every year as being overrated... what a bunch of whiners.  

I can imagine fans of other teams reading this, wishing they had Mayo in the middle... it's a joke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You wouldn't say any of these things to any of these players' faces on defense.

OMG, did you really just make that statement?  Hahahaha, that is so 3rd grade.

[QUOTE]

The fact is, they don't have a SB ring because Brady has been mediocre as a QB for our team in SBs, especially in the last SB in Indy.

[/QUOTE]

No, the reason for no rings the last 2 SB's would be... Going into the final minutes of the game with the Patriots in the lead, the defense allows the Giants to drive 83 and 88 yards for 2 game winning drives!  Ouch!  Fail and Fail!!  Thanks Defense!  I hope you can be better this season.  Hopefully TFB doesn't have to have perfect games with 400+ yards passing and 5+ TD's each week to win.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I forgot wozz, we are supposed to worship every player on this team until they aren't on the team. And when they are spearheading one of the worst defenses in the NFL for the last 4 years we are supposed to think they had nothing to do with that. Nothing to see here, let's put those rose colored glasses back on and drink up a nice glass of koolaid....mmm, mmm, mmm, sure is good! Lets get ready to watch some more of that All Pro linebacker get burnt by third string tight ends in coverage.

The nerve of us spoiled fans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Field YAtes is not "some dude". He's been a scout.  You don't know the game. Mayo is used by BB in such a way that his other LBs make the plays, not him.  His responsibilities go unnoticed by our more novice fans. You know, like you.

lmao

[/QUOTE]

"Used in such a way". BWAH HA HA HA!!  Yeah and those other LB's do a great job making plays.

LOL,  make excuses much for top 10 picks?  Yes BB has a special defense with a Will, Mike and Mayo the SUCK LB.  

[/QUOTE]

Umm, don't you call Nink "Dink"?  The fact is, you're a disgrace behind a keyboard. You wouldn't say any of these things to any of these players' faces on defense. The fact is, they don't have a SB ring because Brady has been mediocre as a QB for our team in SBs, especially in the last SB in Indy.

You are one of the most immature and gutless adults I've ever seen. You said you lived in Chicago in the late 70s which means you are in your 40s, bare minumum, likely 50s.

Yet, you sit behind a keyboard and diminish All Pro LBs on our defense?  What a worm you are.

[/QUOTE]

Umm,  our LB's stink.  Why do you think BB keeps investing high draft picks in new ones...DUH!!

Dink, Spikes and Mayo will all be gone within 2 years that's how great they are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I forgot wozz, we are supposed to worship every player on this team until they aren't on the team. And when they are spearheading one of the worst defenses in the NFL for the last 4 years we are supposed to think they had nothing to do with that. Nothing to see here, let's put those rose colored glasses back on and drink up a nice glass of koolaid....mmm, mmm, mmm, sure is good! Lets get ready to watch some more of that All Pro linebacker get burnt by third string tight ends in coverage.

Wozzy loved Maroney also.....enough said.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Only entitled fans could talk about one of their own players; Rookie of the Year, All Pro, Pro Bowl, lead the entire league in tackles once and averaged over 100+ tackles every year as being overrated... what a bunch of whiners.  

I can imagine fans of other teams reading this, wishing they had Mayo in the middle... it's a joke.

Amen brother

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The teams that have the worst defenses in the NFL finish in last place, they don't go to super bowls.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

lmao

Umm, don't you call Nink "Dink"?  The fact is, you're a disgrace behind a keyboard. You wouldn't say any of these things to any of these players' faces on defense. The fact is, they don't have a SB ring because Brady has been mediocre as a QB for our team in SBs, especially in the last SB in Indy.

You are one of the most immature and gutless adults I've ever seen. You said you lived in Chicago in the late 70s which means you are in your 40s, bare minumum, likely 50s.

Yet, you sit behind a keyboard and diminish All Pro LBs on our defense?  What a worm you are.

As you sit at your keyboard and with 95% of you posts you diminish arguably the greatest player to ever play the game - All pro, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, holder of most QB and wins related recorders, 3x Super Bowl champion oh and future Hall of Famer.  What an Ameba you are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]

The teams that have the worst defenses in the NFL finish in last place, they don't go to super bowls.

[/QUOTE]

They do when they have Tom Brady, because that is what our defense was, one of the worst in the NFL. Hopefully that is not the case heading into this season. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Wozzy loved Maroney also.....enough said.

[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget Merriweather too.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.