1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: All Pro Mayo Ranks Highly

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Wow......a list by some dude.  That and $2 will buy you a Power Ball ticket Rusty.  Start a thread when he actually makes a big play in a big game then I'll grovel.

Field YAtes is not "some dude". He's been a scout.  You don't know the game. Mayo is used by BB in such a way that his other LBs make the plays, not him.  His responsibilities go unnoticed by our more novice fans. You know, like you.

lmao

"Used in such a way". BWAH HA HA HA!!  Yeah and those other LB's do a great job making plays.

LOL,  make excuses much for top 10 picks?  Yes BB has a special defense with a Will, Mike and Mayo the SUCK LB.  

Umm, don't you call Nink "Dink"?  The fact is, you're a disgrace behind a keyboard. You wouldn't say any of these things to any of these players' faces on defense. The fact is, they don't have a SB ring because Brady has been mediocre as a QB for our team in SBs, especially in the last SB in Indy.

You are one of the most immature and gutless adults I've ever seen. You said you lived in Chicago in the late 70s which means you are in your 40s, bare minumum, likely 50s.

Yet, you sit behind a keyboard and diminish All Pro LBs on our defense?  What a worm you are.

As you sit at your keyboard and with 95% of you posts you diminish arguably the greatest player to ever play the game - All pro, MVP, Super Bowl MVP, holder of most QB and wins related recorders, 3x Super Bowl champion oh and future Hall of Famer.  What an Ameba you are.

Then, Brady shoud retire.  The greatest player eveer?  Your arrogance is sick. 

Brady is one of the greatest "players" to ever play the game? When did you start watching football you gutless puuke? Do you know when this league started?  Brady is better than Walter Payton? Better than Jim Brown? Better than Otto Graham, Unitas, Montana? Dick Butkus? Ray Nitschke?   I could go on and on and on and on. Joe Montana?

And, I could go on and on without even mentioning a QB again.

Please keep going Cup Cake.  Your arrogance and tough guy posts are quite amusing.  Yeah like Dick Butkus or Otto Graham are even comparable to Tom Brady on the Greatness scale, lol.  Learn the game and how it's played fool, instead of throwing out names you got from Wikipedia.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I love how the moaners think that one can simply back into leading the NFL in tackles, like Jerry Lewis blindly stumbling into one of the most difficult things on this planet to accomplish, as if anyone with two feet can shed blockers and wind up at the ball.  

Mayo like McCourty is another great example of back end players who haven't had the benefit of #1 draft pick defensive tackles in front of them (with the exception of a lone #75) and made due with less, erased mistakes.  

Perhaps now with some defensive lineman in front of them they can play attacking forward more instead of dropping back.  This year the defense will have a much different look, and Mayo will be at the center of it calling the plays.  

Again, I can't see how we constantly have such horrible players, yet lead the entire NFL in defensive takeaways or tackles, and can still be considered a failure?  

Only in weird world...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Here is what the D did last year

You might not like cold hard fact, but I like it from a data stand point and without any outside influcence. I'd say our D was what it was.. Good at bending and not breaking, gave up tons of yards, even to just ok QB's, Defending the run was better. Biggest thing missing was turn overs and key three and out... I hope every area will be improved this year if they stay healthy.

### big edit this site screwed up all the tables

you can see them here http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com

Bendability- Pats rated 4th

Defensive Real Passing Yards Per Attemp - Pats rated 27th

Defensive Real Quarterback Rating- rated 13th allowing an average 77.42

Defensive Hog Index- rated 10th at stoping the run 

I think a big thing is that the Pats have always played the bend but not break under BB ... so all this is nothing new.  Its just we aren't seeing the big play or high reward turn overs as often in big games so it has become more fustrating to watch.

and for what its worth I wish Mayo was more of a MLB.. i think he shines more there...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

I forgot wozz, we are supposed to worship every player on this team until they aren't on the team. And when they are spearheading one of the worst defenses in the NFL for the last 4 years we are supposed to think they had nothing to do with that. Nothing to see here, let's put those rose colored glasses back on and drink up a nice glass of koolaid....mmm, mmm, mmm, sure is good! Lets get ready to watch some more of that All Pro linebacker get burnt by third string tight ends in coverage.

The nerve of us spoiled fans.

The teams that have the worst defenses in the NFL finish in last place, they don't go to super bowls.

They do when they have Tom Brady, because that is what our defense was, one of the worst in the NFL. Hopefully that is not the case heading into this season. 

Brady was on track to surpass his worst season as far as INTs in 2011 (2002 was the worst), before the D bailed him out in that second half of the 2011 road Jets game. Truth can hurt.

Hopefully, Brady is better with his best friend Welker here anymore in 2013.  It's been many, many years since he performed consistently well in the postseason.  Like 2006 or 2004. It's 2013.

Brady was on track to surpass his worst season as far as interceptions go? Who cares? What would that give us, 11? I like how you have to reach so far to actually say he almost did something bad (which he didn't). Wait till your buddy Mallett starts somewhere, that guy will be tossing 20 picks a year. It makes me laugh that a self proclaimed football expert like yourself falls in love with the backup quaterback...can it get anymore amatuer than that?

You really need to take that IQ test again...you sure you scored a 145? Or was it 152? I have a hard time remebering because when I read it that night I laughed so hard I fell of my chair and hit my head:(

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I love how the moaners think that one can simply back into leading the NFL in tackles, like Jerry Lewis blindly stumbling into one of the most difficult things on this planet to accomplish, as if anyone with two feet can shed blockers and wind up at the ball.  

Mayo like McCourty is another great example of back end players who haven't had the benefit of #1 draft pick defensive tackles in front of them (with the exception of a lone #75) and made due with less, erased mistakes.  

Perhaps now with some defensive lineman in front of them they can play attacking forward more instead of dropping back.  This year the defense will have a much different look, and Mayo will be at the center of it calling the plays.  

Again, I can't see how we constantly have such horrible players, yet lead the entire NFL in defensive takeaways or tackles, and can still be considered a failure?  

Only in weird world...

It's probably because the defense can't get off the field. They are out there for so long as the other team's offense marches up and down the field on them that the oppurtunity arrises to make tackles and even turn overs.

And I agree, an upgrade at the defensive tackle position will greatly help the linebackers in a lot of different ways, but have we done that this off season? Did we do enough there? That was the biggest thing I thought we needed to take care of this off season, yet the draft yielded nothing. And free agency brought us an older player who's best years very well may be behind him. Training camp will be very telling regarding a guy like Armstead and Kelly too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's probably because the defense can't get off the field. They are out there for so long as the other team's offense marches up and down the field on them that the oppurtunity arrises to make tackles and even turn overs.

And I agree, an upgrade at the defensive tackle position will greatly help the linebackers in a lot of different ways, but have we done that this off season? Did we do enough there? That was the biggest thing I thought we needed to take care of this off season, yet the draft yielded nothing. And free agency brought us an older player who's best years very well may be behind him. Training camp will be very telling regarding a guy like Armstead and Kelly too.

Blaming individual players like Mayo or McCourty, two of our better defenders, for the weaknesses of our defense as a whole, is no better than blaming Brady when the offense doesn't score... should we toss Brady out because the offense sputters in crunchtime or should we put pieces around him to strengthen the offensive unit as a whole, thereby strengthening Brady?  

When we've obviously had holes to fill along the defensive line, blaming the All Pro defenders we do have, who have suffered and struggled to cover these weaknesses seems petty, entitled and ignorant.

Kelly and Adrian Wilson fill huge holes for us, if Armstead is a starting caliber 3/4 end than yes we have done enough in the offseason to fix our D Line issues.  Wilson will negate tightends, shore up the intermediate passing defense and Kelly/Armstead represent a significant upgrade to Love and Deaderick.  Add to that the rookies, second and third year players who will emerge and you have the makings of a dominant defense.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Mayo is an above-average LB, but he is not a playmaker. BB tried blitzing him from different positions, but, he was always a step too slow. Couldn't really get there in time for a QB hit or sack. He simply does not have the same impact on other defensive positions; like Urlacher or Ray Lewis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

s th

In response to digger0862's comment:

I forgot wozz, we are supposed to worship every player on this team until they aren't on the team. And when they are spearheading one of the worst defenses in the NFL for the last 4 years we are supposed to think they had nothing to do with that. Nothing to see here, let's put those rose colored glasses back on and drink up a nice glass of koolaid....mmm, mmm, mmm, sure is good! Lets get ready to watch some more of that All Pro linebacker get burnt by third string tight ends in coverage.

The nerve of us spoiled fans.

The teams that have the worst defenses in the NFL finish in last place, they don't go to super bowls.

They do when they have Tom Brady, because that is what our defense was, one of the worst in the NFL. Hopefully that is not the case heading into this season. 

Brady was on track to surpass his worst season as far as INTs in 2011 (2002 was the worst), before the D bailed him out in that second half of the 2011 road Jets game. Truth can hurt.

Hopefully, Brady is better with his best friend Welker here anymore in 2013.  It's been many, many years since he performed consistently well in the postseason.  Like 2006 or 2004. It's 2013.

Brady was on track to surpass his worst season as far as interceptions go? Who cares? What would that give us, 11? I like how you have to reach so far to actually say he almost did something bad (which he didn't). Wait till your buddy Mallett starts somewhere, that guy will be tossing 20 picks a year. It makes me laugh that a self proclaimed football expert like yourself falls in love with the backup quaterback...can it get anymore amatuer than that?

You really need to take that IQ test again...you sure you scored a 145? Or was it 152? I have a hard time remebering because when I read it that night I laughed so hard I fell of my chair and hit my head:(

[/QUOTE]

Did you just say "who cares" with our QB being reckless with the ball and losing us SBs by being reckless?

In his last 3 AFC title games he has 6 TDs and 7 INTs at home.   Read that again.  You keep talking about how Mayo isn't Dick Butkus or some HOF LB as you sit there watching this team with your arms folded and pouting and then say "who cares" when Brady blows? 

Did you ever think maybe our D would get off the field more if they weren't rushed back onto it over and over and over after turnovers and constant 3 and outs? 

And yes, we know you've landed on your head before. I am sure you were dropped on your head as a child as well. Not good. it's why your career ended up being a cake baker and a Home Ec teacher.  lol

[/QUOTE]

First drive of SB 42, Pats D on the field for 10 minutes.  The equivalent of 4 normal defensive drives.  Nearly a NFL record.  What were they tired from, again?

First drive of SB 46 the Pats D on the field 6 minutes and the equivalent of 2.5 normal defensive drives and that was just the beginning, as their average drive lasted nearly 5 minutes and twice the normal NFL defensive possession.

All teams have 3 & outs, picks and fumbles, unless you are playing against the Pats D, that is.  They were ranked 31st for a reason, which had nothing to do with the record setting offense.  There is a reason that a team with a DPR higher than 87 has NEVER WON A SB!

It's called FORCING your O to play perfectly(or near perfect) against a much better defense, than the one you are fielding.   Impossible!  It's never happened and it NEVER will!

The story starts and ends there.

All your Brady bashing will never change that. 

It just makes you look like the biggest hatin, troll on the face of the universe.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Once again Cup Cake is distorting the facts to pump up a failed Defensive player.

When you scrub away the useless ASSIST total, that the New England statistician is very generous with, then Little Jerod is the 13th ranked tackler.

So what does that mean?  He stinks in coverage and is middle of the pack when it comes to Tackling.  OH wait.....that must be the special way BB uses him....BWAH Ha Ha Ha

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Only entitled fans could talk about one of their own players; Rookie of the Year, All Pro, Pro Bowl, lead the entire league in tackles once and averaged over 100+ tackles every year as being overrated... what a bunch of whiners.  

I can imagine fans of other teams reading this, wishing they had Mayo in the middle... it's a joke.

AMEN

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Mayo is a great player for BB. He is just good enough to keep the ship afloat but he isnt good enought to make a difference when it counts. He had a stellar year and stepped up his playmaking, but I wouldnt say he has a knack for forcing fumbles as they were absent before last year. I just want him to make plays in the playoffs. get off the field, ya know and not be run over by Rice on the goal line and maybe be the leader of a defense that can get a redstone stop. He is a good backer here, cerebral, smart but limited in comparison to the Elites, BUT He is moving in the right direction. Last year was a good move UP in the right direction and I would  like to see more improvement. He is what he is. Pretty good but they have to be better next year. We may be scoring less.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Bruschi's numbers are prolly not as good as Mayo's, difference was, he WAS a playmaker and a difference maker.

What's wrong with you? Being an above average LB isn't good enough for you? I could care less - Mayo still is NOT a playmaker and doesn't make any impact plays.  Spikes is better at creating turnovers and has a bigger impact on games. Spikes is not so good w/ coverage.

what a joke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If I may...we actually have some of the best fan's in the country. I can't tell you how sick and tired I am of some that say if you discuss the good, the bad and yes the ugly of your team you are a "bad" fan....to those...please have a cup of SSTFU.

There are parts of this country I travel to where the average "fan" doesn't even know when their team is playing, what's their teams record, couldn't tell you who is on any given roster of any team in their state. Then there are the NY, Boston, Chicago, LA and the like where fans know the game like no other, and yes will discuss the good, the bad,,,,,and God forbid the ugly.

Respectfully,,,,,NMPL.....

although I did mean the cup of sSTFU part............

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

oh, wait.  Mayo is the best LB in NFL history and leads the best NFL defense in the history according to some delusional posters.........NOT. Get real.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Blaming individual players like Mayo or McCourty, two of our better defenders, for the weaknesses of our defense as a whole, is no better than blaming Brady when the offense doesn't score... should we toss Brady out because the offense sputters in crunchtime or should we put pieces around him to strengthen the offensive unit as a whole, thereby strengthening Brady?  

When we've obviously had holes to fill along the defensive line, blaming the All Pro defenders we do have, who have suffered and struggled to cover these weaknesses seems petty, entitled and ignorant.

Kelly and Adrian Wilson fill huge holes for us, if Armstead is a starting caliber 3/4 end than yes we have done enough in the offseason to fix our D Line issues.  Wilson will negate tightends, shore up the intermediate passing defense and Kelly/Armstead represent a significant upgrade to Love and Deaderick.  Add to that the rookies, second and third year players who will emerge and you have the makings of a dominant defense.

I like and agree with this woz, but you really think getting Kelly is adressing the situation? He has played for a losing organization and not in our system. Also whats behind him. We no longer have depth to really play 3-4. Maybe play  a 3-3-5 and even then, it exposes some things. I def. hear what you are saying, but I would ask BB, why he has gone so long, getting all these DB's, but not the requisite beef needed inside.  I love the addition of Adrian as a guy who can help the secondary, but not sure the problem of our backers covering is gonna go away and we really missed the boat with free agent pass rushers that were available. I have no clue about Vegas(sp) but coming from CFL...We will have to see. Im particulary concerned that our O may be scoring less and to run more and play ball control,. you have to get off the field defensively, something we havent done since the Sb years. This bend  but dont break has Broken in the playoffs (2 games, both 28 pts) NO redzone stops. lets hope they are much better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

If I may...we actually have some of the best fan's in the country. I can't tell you how sick and tired I am of some that say if you discuss the good, the bad and yes the ugly of your team you are a "bad" fan....to those...please have a cup of SSTFU.

There are parts of this country I travel to where the average "fan" doesn't even know when their team is playing, what's their teams record, couldn't tell you who is on any given roster of any team in their state. Then there are the NY, Boston, Chicago, LA and the like where fans know the game like no other, and yes will discuss the good, the bad,,,,,and God forbid the ugly.

Respectfully,,,,,NMPL.....

although I did mean the cup of sSTFU part............

Good points but discussing the ugly of the Patriots is likened to criticising the 2 out of 3 times the hall of fame batter failed to get a hit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response

Takeaway/Giveaway ratio is an important one - but points against and red zone defense is even more important.  It's not so much that the Patriots have "horrible players" as it is that they don't have enough good defensive playmakers. Some Koolaid drinkers still think we have the defense from 2001-2004. Nope.

That being said, I'm hoping that this year we will see an improvement.  I've said before that the Patriots need to get back into the top 3-5 in points against and red zone defense, maintain their 1-3 rank in takeaway/giveaway, top 10-15 in passing yards allowed, top 5-8 in running yards against. 

Otherwise, they won't beat teams in the playoffs that are built like the 49ers/Ravens/Giants (or those teams that can put pressure on Brady AND cover).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/Top_Tedy_Bruschi_moments#photo-title=Perplexing+Peyton&photo=10006426

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ-IXsbDW6E

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qR5ipcou8Y

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ighOK510k0