All the haters of our defense...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Re: All the haters of our defense...

They were terrific tonight - loved the attitude, speed, swarm to the football and the goaline stand. 1st and goal from the 3 and they turn it over on downs. That is red zone defense! Wilfork was a beast, actually the D line overall played great football. Way to go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

They had a great plan for THIS team and executed it to near perfection. KUDO'S to them

Hopefully they can devise a great plan for next week & execute well. Personally, I think BAL might be the easier team. Flacco can sometimes play AWFUL & their D is not exactly what it used to be.

Flacco put up 13 vs TEN, 7 vs JAX, 17 vs SEA, 14 vs SD

All losses

Aside form PIT, they beat STL, NYJ, HOU, AZ, CLE 2x, IND, & CIN

Not all that scary & they didn't really blow anyone out except PIT, HOU early this season.

Definitely Beatable! Maybe moreso than HOU with Johnson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]Let's not get too excited about stopping a very average  nfl offense. They still ran pretty sucessful against us with McGahee. Stopping Ray Rice or Foster next week will be a large order. Great win but let us temper the Defense talk. BTW the D did give up 250 yards! Also along wwith those running backs next week we get either Calvin Johnson or Anquin Bolden-scarry along with a great running back! If the Pats D can do something similar next week against a real playoff team then I will be impressed. This game was essentially a bye!
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]Let's not get too excited about stopping a very average  nfl offense. They still ran pretty sucessful against us with McGahee. Stopping Ray Rice or Foster next week will be a large order. Great win but let us temper the Defense talk. BTW the D did give up 250 yards! Also along wwith those running backs next week we get either Calvin Johnson or Anquin Bolden-scarry along with a great running back! If the Pats D can do something similar next week against a real playoff team then I will be impressed. This game was essentially a bye!

I didn't know Detroit was still in the running.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

If you actually read my post your comments would make more sense. I said they played excellent tonight. The idea that Belichek  went vanilla this year on defense to lull teams in the playoffs is an absolute joke. Belichek takes every game serious and wants the Pats to play for 60 minutes always. Thats why the starters always play as long as they do. The Pats did not play vanilla defense this year or in any year. The Steelers gambled that whole game and got burned time and time again. People have been wondering what the heck Tomlin was thinking. Tebow has shown that he can throw the deep ball fairly well and the Steelers begged him to do it all night and it killed them. Belichek is no fool. He watched that game and was not going to let that happen. The Broncos (and the Texans) are pretty limited offensively and acting like the Pats are now the monsters of the midway is silly. The Ravens (and the Texans) right now are more worried about Brady's amazing performance than the Pats defensive performance tonight.  These same fans complain that the Pats can't win unless they run the ball at a 50% clip. How did that go tonight?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : KC only allowed them 3 so YOU S T F U
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]

AND... the #1 D allowed 29.  They had what, 16 negative plays? 
    Haters gotta Hate!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Belichick ran this hybrid 2/4/5 defense all season which had all the parrots talking about the "switch to the 4/3 defense" which was a load of bull. The majority of the season BB rushed 3 to 4 pass rushers at any given time, tonight they ran a 3/4 D line and brought the house on the pass rush... this isn't my hypothesis my friend this is fact.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Right. He did not make adjustments in game. He just ran his vanilla defense to lull teams into not realizing how great a season McCourty was secretly having. McCourty switched to safety in week 17 is playing it Vanilla. Belichek switching it up tonight is no diferrent then him switching it up after the 1st quarter against the Broncos last time they faced. Every one agreed if the Pats can get an early lead the broncos were doomed which turned out to be true. The option offense has always been a bad offense for coming from behind to win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

But you fail to mention the Steelers were missing about half their starting lineup! Clark(leading tackler)-Mendanhall-Pouncy-Hampton-Keisel-Ben and Poulumara playing badly injured----if they were 100 %--- that game would not have been close--and Tebow completed 10-21 passes for 47%--he got lucky and hit some big plays-because the guy that leads the team in tackles(Clark) and who patrols the middle of the field in the safety slot was out due to the altitude-every thing alighned for the Broncos! It's easy to take things out of context and creat an argument--Please!!!!!!!In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : That average NFL offense beat the number 1 D last week.  psssh!
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Thank you Kansas-- finally some clear headed reasoning here--All points that are more than valid-Great win, but let's see what happens against Houston/Balt before I jump on the D has arrived bandwagon!!!In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Hey the #1 defense in the league lost to the one dimensional offense last week. Give our defense more credit than that please.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Pats ran for more yards than denver, just saying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]  If you actually read my post your comments would make more sense. I said they played excellent tonight. The idea that Belichek  went vanilla this year on defense to lull teams in the playoffs is an absolute joke. Belichek takes every game serious and wants the Pats to play for 60 minutes always. Thats why the starters always play as long as they do. The Pats did not play vanilla defense this year or in any year. The Steelers gambled that whole game and got burned time and time again. People have been wondering what the heck Tomlin was thinking. Tebow has shown that he can throw the deep ball fairly well and the Steelers begged him to do it all night and it killed them. Belichek is no fool. He watched that game and was not going to let that happen. The Broncos (and the Texans) are pretty limited offensively and acting like the Pats are now the monsters of the midway is silly. The Ravens (and the Texans) right now are more worried about Brady's amazing performance than the Pats defensive performance tonight.  These same fans complain that the Pats can't win unless they run the ball at a 50% clip. How did that go tonight?
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

"  If you actually read my post your comments would make more sense. I said they played excellent tonight. The idea that Belichek  went vanilla this year on defense to lull teams in the playoffs is an absolute joke "

i just go thru responding to the same kind ofcomment in the same way you did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I think you meant to say one of the offenses that would give us problems---NOs defense was not very good all year.In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]we'll see.  i'm happy but stopping tebow isn't difficult as long as they don't play like tebow doesn't deserve to be there fortunately the 49ers knocked off one of two or three remaining defenses that would give the pats a hard time
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Hey Pats Brother- me and my wife moved to Boise 9 Months ago from Massachusetts- we live in the Bench area off Targhee-if you want to watch the game next week together give me an email @ iswara5116@yahoo.com---GO Pats!!!In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... :
    Posted by BoisesBiggestPatsFan[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Sorry meant to say Andre Johnson still feeling high from The Game!In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : I didn't know Detroit was still in the running.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

TO ALL THE NON-BELIEVERS! TO ALL THE NON-BELIEVERS! Especially you, Tom Jackson! Way to have our backs, Keyshawn! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]But you fail to mention the Steelers were missing about half their starting lineup! Clark(leading tackler)-Mendanhall-Pouncy-Hampton-Keisel-Ben and Poulumara playing badly injured----if they were 100 %--- that game would not have been close--and Tebow completed 10-21 passes for 47%--he got lucky and hit some big plays-because the guy that leads the team in tackles(Clark) and who patrols the middle of the field in the safety slot was out due to the altitude-every thing alighned for the Broncos! It's easy to take things out of context and creat an argument--Please!!!!!!!In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... :

Don't care about their injuries.  The Pats have been playing with scrubs all year.
    No excuses.  And you just agreed with the guy that said the same as me, just worded it differently.  Drink much?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Don't care about their injuries.  The Pats have been playing with scrubs all year. No excuses.  And you just agreed with the guy that said the same as me, just worded it differently.  Drink much?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

+1 on the injury excuse.  How many Pats on IR?  Like their leading DL?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : I didn't know Detroit was still in the running.

same reax i had

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE] Right. He did not make adjustments in game. He just ran his vanilla defense to lull teams into not realizing how great a season McCourty was secretly having. McCourty switched to safety in week 17 is playing it Vanilla. Belichek switching it up tonight is no diferrent then him switching it up after the 1st quarter against the Broncos last time they faced. Every one agreed if the Pats can get an early lead the broncos were doomed which turned out to be true. The option offense has always been a bad offense for coming from behind to win.
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

BB ran his vanilla defense partly due to necessity from not having a training camp and many new players to work into his system but also this is his "bend don't break" 2.0, he was keeping his defensive tackles healthy for the playoffs just as I postulated early in the season when he was only fielding two tackles at a time.  Down in the red zone he played the 3/4 that we saw for the entire game today.

Not a crazy theory, invite 22 defensive tackles to camp, find the best and keep them healthy so you're at your best right before playoff time, let them loose in the playoffs.  In the regular season the offense will outscore any opposing team 9 times out of 10 anyhow...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

I said after our win in week #17 that the return of Chung ans Spikes would be very significant, and that the defense would  inprove with each playoff win. 1 down, 2 to go.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

Despite all the talk about "it was only the Broncos", the defense played their best game tonight. Next week it's either Houston or Baltimore. Neither of those teams are the Saints or Packers! If they contain Ray Rice then Flacco will have to try and pace Brady. Not going to happen! And if it's Houston...well, we've all seen what BB can throw at rookie QBs in January. I think I'd rather see the Ravens next week. While they do still have a good defense, it's hard to see a 35 year old Ray Lewis covering Gronk! We all saw Brady's determination last night. Do you think he won't be fired up to face the team that embarrassed them at home two years ago? Though this defense gave up a lot of yards, they have been pretty decent in the red zone most of the year. Does anyone think the Ravens or Texans can beat them kicking FGs? Like the Colts did five years ago, the defense has come together at the right time. Spikes and Chung returning is huge. While they might not be the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens, they seem to have stepped it up a notch. And if Brady is putting up 40 points (especially when they jump up early) opposing offenses get predictable. Boston fans (a lot of them) are always thinking the glass is half empty. This was a great win, and a good confidence builder for the defense. Let's hope they can build on their momentum! NE is 3-0 in the AFCCG in Foxboro. If it's the Ravens next week the media will be favoring them claiming some of the same things I've read here. And they just love to shut the doubters up! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Been saying it all year: volume stats like yards allowed are utterly meaningless.

The Pats were in the top-half of the NFL in scoring defense, and if they hadn't allowed something like 7 "garbage time" TDs late in the fourth quarter of games where the outcome was already decided, it would have been a top 10 scoring defense. That's the only stat that matters.

Yes, there were plenty of times this year when there were WRs running free through the secondary, and those were distressing sights to see; but the move of McCourty to safety, at least for now, seems to have tightened that up a little bit...and Sterling Moore's play the last couple of weeks has been a revelation.

True, Denver's offense is a unique one and you have to throw out Saturday's results and start over next week. But damn, it was good to see a dominating performance for once, wasn't it?

They gave up a couple of big runs on quick trap plays, but that was about it.

Fantastic effort.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

The Broncos weren't the most complete team in the playoffs. However if the defense can pressure the qb like they did last night I don't care who they are playing, that team is in for a long night. Awesome job by the defense even if they were only playing against a team that had Jesus on their side.

Sections
Shortcuts