All the haters of our defense...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: All the haters of our defense...

In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Troy Brown was nickel corner when we won a Super Bowl...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

The point was not that you can't win or that it can't be done.

The point however is that it is a clear indication of the quality and depth of the defensive backfield at this point in time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : The point was not that you can't win or that it can't be done. The point however is that it is a clear indication of the quality and depth of the defensive backfield at this point in time.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Agreed, we are weak at safety...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The defense lets up 15 ppg so far in this post season. Not too bad for a team with a wr as its corner back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]The defense lets up 15 ppg so far in this post season. Not too bad for a team with a wr as its corner back.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Only the Giants defense has played better, in points, sacks and turnovers.  Our offense has to perform for us to win this one...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Only the Giants defense has played better, in points, sacks and turnovers.  Our offense has to perform for us to win this one...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Completely agree here Wozzy. I just read that the last 22 playoff teams with 3 or more turnovers have all lost said games. Would it be fair to say we dodged the proverbial bullet here?

I think Brady played as good a game that can be with our game plan. Ravens defense played to the pass all game, we adjusted for one drive and 1 drive only. It resulted in our only td scored.

I don't know why fans on this forum accuse fans like us of being "whiners" for discussing why we have not won a SB in the last 7 years, for being upset that the raping of our coaching staff has left us short of a few SB's in my humble opinion, for the fact that Tom Brady the best QB I have had the privilege of watching has not had the help he has needed in getting over the hump.

By help I mean a reliable play caller, and a committed running attack which would utilize the skills of the best play action QB this league has ever seen. How can anybody argue that Brady and 2 of the best TE's in the league does not scream for a healthy dose of the run? Limit turnovers and keep the defense off the field is what will win us a SB imo.

Anyway as we have discussed often( along with a few others) the pass heavy approach would not win in the playoffs, and it was proved yesterday as the Ravens stifled the best QB in the game. Our run game and defense literally kept us alive.

To your point I hope we learned from this, BB, OB , Brady, McD need to realize that without a semblance of a run attack the Giants will cheat to the pass and make it difficult to move the ball on Sunday.

22 playoff teams in a row have lost with 3 or more turnovers. Sterling Moore or perhaps a divine act(Myra,hand of God,a gust of wind?) ensured the Patriots did not become team #23. Lets not test things again on February 5th. Lets have a diverse game plan which gives us the best chance to win.

Go Patriots! Lets win the Super Bowl!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Completely agree here Wozzy. I just read that the last 22 playoff teams with 3 or more turnovers have all lost said games. Would it be fair to say we dodged the proverbial bullet here? I think Brady played as good a game that can be with our game plan. Ravens defense played to the pass all game, we adjusted for one drive and 1 drive only. It resulted in our only td scored. I don't know why fans on this forum accuse fans like us of being "whiners" for discussing why we have not won a SB in the last 7 years, for being upset that the raping of our coaching staff has left us short of a few SB's in my humble opinion, for the fact that Tom Brady the best QB I have had the privilege of watching has not had the help he has needed in getting over the hump. By help I mean a reliable play caller, and a committed running attack which would utilize the skills of the best play action QB this league has ever seen. How can anybody argue that Brady and 2 of the best TE's in the league does not scream for a healthy dose of the run? Limit turnovers and keep the defense off the field is what will win us a SB imo. Anyway as we have discussed often( along with a few others) the pass heavy approach would not win in the playoffs, and it was proved yesterday as the Ravens stifled the best QB in the game. Our run game and defense literally kept us alive. To your point I hope we learned from this, BB, OB , Brady, McD need to realize that without a semblance of a run attack the Giants will cheat to the pass and make it difficult to move the ball on Sunday. 22 playoff teams in a row have lost with 3 or more turnovers. Sterling Moore or perhaps a divine act(Myra,hand of God,a gust of wind?) ensured the Patriots did not become team #23. Lets not test things again on February 5th. Lets have a diverse game plan which gives us the best chance to win. Go Patriots! Lets win the Super Bowl!

To say I'm geeked for this game doesn't quite cover it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Only the Giants defense has played better, in points, sacks and turnovers.  Our offense has to perform for us to win this one...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

to me the best indicator is that the ravens scored 20 pts on an 11-possession game. a lot of people here think that is not impressive, saying the ravens o is not potent. it is a pretty good o when you consider that best that pit - the #1 d in the league - could do was a allow the ravens to score 23 on a 9-possession game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]The defense lets up 15 ppg so far in this post season. Not too bad for a team with a wr as its corner back.

Yeah, but we've played Denver and Baltimore, neither of which are known for racking up points.  Realistically, I think this D will do well if it can keep the Giants to 20 or 24 points.  If I'm game planning, I'm going to assume my offense needs to score at least 30 points to make up for a defense that's going to give up at least 20 and maybe closer to 30. This is not a defense you can rely on to give up just 15 points against a decent passing offense.  I'm sure BB is aware of that and will game plan appropriately.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : to me the best indicator is that the ravens scored 20 pts on an 11-possession game. a lot of people here think that is not impressive, saying the ravens o is not potent. it is a pretty good o when you consider that best that pit - the #1 d in the league - could do was a allow the ravens to score 23 on a 9-possession game.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

I think people underestimate how good playoff teams are, the regular season is full of ups and downs, teams that have made it this far are good in all phases. The talent level around the league is better than people realize, the difference is coaching, just look to San Francisco for a great example.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Wait til next year wehn we get Ras-I back. Before yall call me out for him being injury prone, remember when he did play? Better than McCourty in his rookie year. Get McCourty back on track, Ras-I at other CB spot, Arrington in the slot, continue to develop Sterling Moore and Molden and we tracking. We do need to draft a safety high in the draft though!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I just watched the entire Giants game from Nov. Our defense played a great game despite 4 turnovers on the offense. Quite honestly it might have been the worst game I have ever seen Brady play and I blame that 100% on our offensive game plan. He was forced to throw into coverage about 15 times. He really threw 5 interceptions that game, he was strip sacked and Edelman fumbled a punt as well.

The Giants still couldn't score until Chung and Spikes were out of the game. Our defense will hold its own, and I think they will force Eli into a few turnovers. I am more worried about our offense's ability to score, move the chains and not turn the ball over. I read a stat somewhere that Brady has been hit)QB hits) over 18 times in the last 2 games vs the Giants. I hope we can correct that by using 1 or 2 of our 6 running backs.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Did you just say "at least" 30 points? So, even though NE had NY's offense to 10 points in November before two PI aided late TDs, you think NE's offense is under pressuer to put up "at least" 30 points?  Really? You sure you don't want to adjust that opinion a bit? Does this include two Brady INTs and a Brady fumble on our 10 yard line, too? lol Personally, I hope the entire country, NY fanbase, Giants players, etc, think NE's D isn't good, because they're just going to be in for a rude awakening. And no, I am not saying NE's D is great, but to go out of your way to put them down is becoming awkward to watch.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

Hey Rusty, those two long touchdown drives at the end of the game counted toward the score whether you thought they should or not.   So in the bizarro world where you live, it's fine to say the defense gave up just 10 points.  But in the real world, the scoreboard said the Giant's scored 24 points and that's the score they used to determine who won the game.    I guess if I'm BB I don't design my game plan around an assumption that a defense prone to giving up two or three long scoring drives a game is going to hold the Giants to 10 points.  I think it's a lot smarter to assume the offense is going to need close to 30 points to win and design a game plan that gets me there.  Most of BB's game plans this year seem to be designed to do that.  That's one reason (despite all your incessant whining about the offense) we are 15-3 and headed to the Super Bowl.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... :  As far as the rest of the post season goes, if the Pats run the ball and stay unpredictable on offense then we won't lose to anyone.  If we lose it will be because we passed 50 times... that's not a prediction just a trend.   
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

um...

Sections
Shortcuts