All the haters of our defense...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: All the haters of our defense...

It's one game.

Never ride the roller coaster of one week a team or Defense sticks to superstars and back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

with spikes back, moore taking CB duties and Mccourty going to safety with Chung, this was a very different looking defensive secondary...And Im lovin it!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Typical manic behavior I expect on this board. After a loss = the d sucks! After a win = omg this d is awesome. 

The point has been made - they played an offense that wasn't hard to beat with the right game plan helped by  having played a game against it. 

They are still going to have trouble against a legit passing attack, I don't care how well they played. 

Nice thing is, the most legit passing attack was sent packing home :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : I didn't know Detroit was still in the running.
    Posted by BoisesBiggestPatsFan[/QUOTE]

Bingo! I was about to make a comment, but you nailed it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

The Giants didn't have trouble against the Pat's passing attack in 07 and that was the most legit passing attack in history.
        Most people, if not all, are praising the defense for its awesome performance, they're not saying the defense is the best ever, why can't you guys see that?

[QUOTE]Typical manic behavior I expect on this board. After a loss = the d sucks! After a win = omg this d is awesome.  The point has been made - they played an offense that wasn't hard to beat with the right game plan helped by  having played a game against it.  They are still going to have trouble against a legit passing attack, I don't care how well they played.  Nice thing is, the most legit passing attack was sent packing home :)
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]BB was playing it conservative all season, he always knew he could field a 3/4 defense that could stop anybody.   All you haters realize, yards don't mean squat, save your fascination of the wrong stats for fantasy land!
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't read into this blowout much Wozzy. Let's be real, Denver is NOT the Saints,Texans,Ravens,Giants, Packers, or 49ers - and was arguably the WORST team left in the playoffs. Once the Patriots were ahead by 14 pts and the broncos were completely taken out of their game plan - there wasn't much left for them to do other than go to the air. Don't get me wrong, the Patriots didn't let up and continued to force mistake after mistake.

But, the patriots all of the sudden have a premier defense after one game?  I don't think so. If it were against a more balance offense or vs. a team that has a strong passing presence - I would be more excited about the defense.

That being said, the emotion of a solid all around game will have a positive impact for two more games Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Typical manic behavior I expect on this board. After a loss = the d sucks! After a win = omg this d is awesome.  The point has been made - they played an offense that wasn't hard to beat with the right game plan helped by  having played a game against it.  They are still going to have trouble against a legit passing attack, I don't care how well they played.  Nice thing is, the most legit passing attack was sent packing home :)
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't read into this blowout much Wozzy. Let's be real, Denver is NOT the Saints,Texans,Ravens,Giants, Packers, or 49ers - and was arguably the WORST team left in the playoffs. Once the Patriots were ahead by 14 pts and the broncos were completely taken out of their game plan - there wasn't much left for them to do other than go to the air. Don't get me wrong, the Patriots didn't let up and continued to force mistake after mistake.  But, the patriots all of the sudden have a premier defense after one game?  I don't think so. If it were against a more balance offense or vs. a team that has a strong passing presence - I would be more excited about the defense. That being said, the emotion of a solid all around game will have a positive impact for two more games
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    I agree that we should temper our excitement over the defense a bit but the Patriots defense performed much better against the Broncos than the #1 defense in the NFL Steelers did last week!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i was very impressed by the defense tonight, but i knew they had it in them to play well. they need to keep it up next week though against either hou/bal, espescially baltimore with ray rice and now them getting bolding back, houston could score also with the likes of arian foster and andre johnson...both teams have a good offense and a very good defense...hopefully the game plan is as good next week as it was this week

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : I didn't know Detroit was still in the running.
    Posted by BoisesBiggestPatsFan

Bingo! I was about to make a comment, but you nailed it

He ment Crabtree, a pretty goor receiver, so I know what he was thinking. This game just proves how important the pass rush is. It shows that we do have some talent. I dont think I heard them say Von Miller till there was a fight. They handled Dumerville nicely as well. On another note, Tebow was very humble in the post game presser. Sounded Brady-esque.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]BB was playing it conservative all season, he always knew he could field a 3/4 defense that could stop anybody.   All you haters realize, yards don't mean squat, save your fascination of the wrong stats for fantasy land!
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

WHAT A CROC OF BS!!!!!

AZnd I suppose that the Saints', and Packers' D was also "lying in the weeds" too, right, Oh Great and Mighty Defense Guru?????

I've said all along that this bunch of D players scare the bejeesus out of me. Last night they played the FULL game against a 1 dimensional team averaging less than 20 PPG. They did what they were supposed to do from the 1st play. Suffuce to say that this really impressed me... Good for them, and IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!!!

Now, let's see what they do against Rica and the Ravens, should they beat the Texans. I will say that, should Houston spring an upset (BrokeBacks/Steelers, anyone??), that they would give the Pats absolute fits, with both a running game, a passing game, and a stout defense. 

So, with you being the Great Defense Guru you profess to be, with such sightful inside info, want to predict scores vs the Ravens or the Texans? How about vs any of the 3 remaining NFC contenders?

"BB was playing it conservative all season"

Thanks for the Sunday morning humor and chuckle!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

I've been critical of this defense all year, but they played great last night.  Far and away the best defensive performance all year; great complimentary football to end the game by half time. Spikes and Chung both make a difference.  If the defense can step it up like that for two more games, I really like this team's chances.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Tell that to the STEELERS...  look what Denver did to them and don't make excuses to diminish what the Pats D did tonite!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but do you think the Pats D would have been the same last night if Wilfork, Spikes, Nikovitch, McCourty and Chungs were unable to play? I don't excuse "injuries", as they are part of the game. You play with who you bring. I just think that it would have been a different outcome if they were even 90% healthy on D.

Do you think that the Pats would have put up 45 pts with Welker, Gronk, both guards, and Brady at 60% last night?  I was in a Steelers bar watching the game lst night, and the ONLY thing I'll agree with is their whine that their game would have been totally different if not for the injuries. We Pats fans have bemoaned this injury thing in the past, so we know what that's all about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Hard to believe there are still a bunch of naysayers.

We did what the #1 defense could not do last week, shut down the donkeys.

I will say it does help a defense to have a 2 touchdown lead to start the game though, they really seemed too play alot better.

I hope we get the ball first on offense again next week.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The defense played an excellent game - their best of the year.  They were up against a limited offense, however.

1.  I think if you win the toss - take the ball.  It helps when the offense goes down and scores.  That helps the defense.

2.  they still got gashed on the run.  The broncos were routinely getting 5 per carry and if not for the pats offense forcing denver out of their run-based attack, who knows?  All I know is that they HAVE to be better against the run next week.  Either of those teams are dangerous running.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Hard to believe there are still a bunch of naysayers. We did what the #1 defense could not do last week, shut down the donkeys. I will say it does help a defense to have a 2 touchdown lead to start the game though, they really seemed too play alot better. I hope we get the ball first on offense again next week.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Sorry you missed the fact about the Steeler's injuries. BUt it was sure nice to see the Pats UP 21-7 in teh 2nd QTR rather than being DOWN 21-0, or 17-0. Changes the game dynamics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Sorry you missed the fact about the Steeler's injuries. BUt it was sure nice to see the Pats UP 21-7 in teh 2nd QTR rather than being DOWN 21-0, or 17-0. Changes the game dynamics.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

We suppose to feel sorry for them?

We suppose to feel sorry the Saints had 5 turnovers against the Niners?

C'mon man. It is what it is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to All the haters of our defense... : WHAT A CROC OF BS!!!!! AZnd I suppose that the Saints', and Packers' D was also "lying in the weeds" too, right, Oh Great and Mighty Defense Guru????? I've said all along that this bunch of D players scare the bejeesus out of me. Last night they played the FULL game against a 1 dimensional team averaging less than 20 PPG. They did what they were supposed to do from the 1st play. Suffuce to say that this really impressed me... Good for them, and IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN' TIME!!!!! Now, let's see what they do against Rica and the Ravens, should they beat the Texans. I will say that, should Houston spring an upset (BrokeBacks/Steelers, anyone??), that they would give the Pats absolute fits, with both a running game, a passing game, and a stout defense.  So, with you being the Great Defense Guru you profess to be, with such sightful inside info, want to predict scores vs the Ravens or the Texans? How about vs any of the 3 remaining NFC contenders? "BB was playing it conservative all season" Thanks for the Sunday morning humor and chuckle!
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Glad I could give you a chuckle, like so many you and others gave me over the season predicting gloom and doom for our terrible defense. All season I suggested BB was saving his D tackles for the post season, this isn't something I came up with after one playoff win, others here will attest to that, I've been saying this all season.  

And like a few others here I don't subscribe to fantasy stats as the end all be all, you don't get points for gaining a lot of yards.  

If you feel a tad bit foolish because the defense held the Broncos to one TD, held the #1 rushing team in the league to 3 yards a carry, probably set a playoff record for stops in the backfield, sacked Tebow 5 times and intercepted him once looking otherwise dominant exclusively running a 3/4 base defense don't feel bad you are not alone.

You were probably one of the lemmings parroting the national media and other posters all season about BB changing to a 4/3 defense, all the while I insisted he wouldn't. 

I know it smarts when you're wrong, but I wasn't thinking of you when I initiated this thread, try not taking it personally.  

As far as the rest of the post season goes, if the Pats run the ball and stay unpredictable on offense then we won't lose to anyone.  If we lose it will be because we passed 50 times, got sacked 5 and intercepted 3 times... that's not a prediction just a trend.  

I have had San Francisco meeting them in the Super Bowl since before the playoffs began, though it won't surprise me if Green Bay gets there but then I don't claim to be an expert on anything, I just post my thoughts, try not to attack genuine Pats fans and admit when I'm wrong, something you should try and emulate. 

I sincerely hope that makes you laugh as well, I love spreading joy...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Hard to believe there are still a bunch of naysayers. We did what the #1 defense could not do last week, shut down the donkeys. I will say it does help a defense to have a 2 touchdown lead to start the game though, they really seemed too play alot better. I hope we get the ball first on offense again next week.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Really? If Brady was hobbling like Big Ben....would the outcome have been different? Possibly.

Not to play the injury card....but the steelers lost more because of their offense not defense.

Sections
Shortcuts