All the haters of our defense...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: All the haters of our defense...

In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]Brady also threw less than 35 times. LOL!! A win!  haha I want Baltimore.   1. They need a slap. They need to be deepsixed not just this year but a possible swan song for Ray Ray and his confidence into next year. I hate this team. I hate Baltimore.  Their unis are the most ridiculous things ever as is their helmet logo.  They have  lame fans who lost their team and are front runners.  2. They think that 2009 playoff win here meant something. And I'd love nothing more than to slap them here now. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

+1 +1 +1 

Not as bad as the Steelers but I despise Baltimore as well. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : It's also about time Brady and O'Brien got on the same page. . .  YUP. I am still laughing at the 35 or less pass attempts, what that means and how Brady looks being reined in schematically during games, and how his INT was the only reason Denver scored a TD. LMAO Every single thing I've said all year was shown last night. NE averages 2 turnovers on D per game, keep Brady to 35 passes and under as it HELPS our O Line and Brady, be creative, efficient, try not to turn it over, etc. They need to work on the latter, but the offense can HELP our D. It actually looked like our offense practiced dring the week for once so they don't look have drunk in the first half.  So  long overdue, I can't even remember the last time they looked crisp to start a game. Gee, what a novel concept. BOUT TIME is right, AZ Pat. Denver was forced to play more zone to due to injuries and it backfired. Baltimore or Houston will be playing man against us.

Rusty, don't be an idiot . . . they passed 25 times in the first half.  The only reason Brady had just 34 attempts was because the whole second half was garbage time and they didn't need to score, just bleed time away.  If you really think O'Brien and Belichick designed a game plan to limit Brady's passes you can make a small fortune here in Amsterdam selling whatever it is you're smoking . . .

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It's a great win no matter how bad/good Denver is.  Pats just got that playoff monkey off their back.

But getting overly excited about beating Denver in NE is a bit shortsighted.  Denver had no business being there in the  first place.  In any other division they miss the playoffs.

Pats will crush whoever comes next if they play D like that again, though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, Prolate, do you still think Brady has "one hand tied behind his back: with this personnel on offense? lmao Don't insult our intelligence ever again here. God, are you arrogant.  Even zBellino and Hurlie are quiet today. Nice to see the offense show they actually practiced so they don't look half drunk in the first half, huh? You're so arrogant, you can't tell I was half kidding about the 35 pass thing. The Brady INT leading to a short field for Denver's lone TD, however, I wasn't. I seriously can't tell if you're the most arrogant person here or one of your buddies. Good work showing it again, though.

You're the genius whose been calling all year for BB to take the ball out of the hands of Gronk, Welker, Hernandez and Branch and give to Ridley and BJGE.

As I've said before, the problem with the Pats offense (when it has a problem) is not that it doesn't run enough, but that some teams figure out how shut down our four receiving threats and when that happens we have little else to go to because the talent's just not there. 

Ridley fumble may explain why he hasn't been in more games this season.  And Benny wasn't exactly a world beater with 13 carries for 28 yards. 

And as far as "arrogance" it seems like it's you who is on here trying blow your own horn.  It would be arrogant if there were anything to blow about . . . but as it is it's just delusional . . .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]It's a great win no matter how bad/good Denver is.  Pats just got that playoff monkey off their back. But getting overly excited about beating Denver in NE is a bit shortsighted.  Denver had no business being there in the  first place.  In any other division they miss the playoffs. Pats will crush whoever comes next if they play D like that again, though.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

I still say that 8-8 should not win a division. I would like them to change it so that a division "winner" with a non-winning record forfeits their playoff spot to a better wild card team. It won't happen, but it would make crappy divisions sit up and take notice if they at least talked about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Glad I could give you a chuckle, like so many you and others gave me over the season predicting gloom and doom for our terrible defense. All season I suggested BB was saving his D tackles for the post season, this isn't something I came up with after one playoff win, others here will attest to that I've been saying this all season.   And like a few others here I don't subscribe to fantasy stats as the end all be all, you don't get points for gaining a lot of yards.   If you feel a tad bit foolish because the defense held the Broncos to one TD, held the #1 rushing team in the league to 3 yards a carry, probably set a playoff record for stops in the backfield, sacked Tebow 5 times and intercepted him once looking otherwise dominant exclusively running a 3/4 base defense don't feel bad you are not alone. You were probably one of the lemmings parroting the national media and other posters all season about BB changing to a 4/3 defense, all the while I insisted he wouldn't.  I know it smarts when you're wrong, but I wasn't thinking of you when I initiated this thread, try not taking it personally.   As far as the rest of the post season goes, if the Pats run the ball and stay unpredictable on offense then we won't lose to anyone.  If we lose it will be because we passed 50 times, got sacked 5 and intercepted 3 times... that's not a prediction just a trend.   I have had San Francisco meeting them in the Super Bowl since before the playoffs began, though it won't surprise me if Green Bay gets there but then I don't claim to be an expert on anything, I just post my thoughts, try not to attack genuine Pats fans and admit when I'm wrong, something you should try and emulate.  I sincerely hope that makes you laugh as well, I love spreading joy...
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes! The posting gift that keeps on giving!

Ever think about how much easier it is in footbal, nay ANY sport, to play from "in front"? Go up 21-7 in the 2nd qtr and you TAKE AWAY the other team's ground game. In this case, the #1 ground attack in the NFL. (A Pop Warner Mommy can figure that you, Sad for you.....) And, again, just how successful was the vaunted BrokeBack passing attack when that happened? Now, I know stats lie, in your view, so I won't bore you with the low yards, no TD's, and microscopis QB rating. After all, those numbers are lies, right?? Which way do you want it? Either numbers count o they don't. DECLARE YOURSELF!!! What we witnessed lst night was the Patriots ability to make a one dimensional team one dimensional in teh dimension they are NOT successful in. They wer able to get after Tebow because they had no concerns about their passing game. DUH! (Now, just who's feeling foolish?????)

As I mentioned, Pop Warner Mommies know it's better to be up 21-7 in the 2nd qtr than be down by the same score (or, did you miss the Pat's season entirely?) No, don't tell me!! it's was BB's plan all along to be down by double digits early in games? So, his "conservative defensive brilliance" didn't quite work out so well vs  Buffalo, the Giants, and the Steelers, right? Opponents were able to hang up early leads not playing on short fields because of Patriot turn overs. I suggest you go oook at game films to confirm this. They marched down teh field, ripping off huge chunks of yards. But, then again, those numbers are lies, right? And I'm sure that, while this was going on, you were snug and comfortable KNOWING that the Patriots would win anyway. Please explain the Bills, Giants, and Steelers losses. Sorry, but stuff like: They can't win 'em all (please see: 2007 NE Patriots, Regular Season Results), It just wasn't their day (coming from in front late in games vs playing from behind early in games; which numbers are the "lies" there?) injuries (FUGHEDABOUDIT!!), or any other excuse (COULD be pretty interesting).

Nice "out" by not speading defensive knowledge beyond last night's 20/20 offering! Yes, that vaunted Patriot running game will definitely keep any of the 5 remaining Super Bowl contenders "honest", as long as Brady doesn't throw the ball 50 times. I guess the 36 attempts he had last night were just right, correct? And that ground attack, getting "garbage time" yards in the 4th qtr when BB called off the dogs.... great effort, huh? Fact is they won the game because Brady WAS throwing the ball, NOT because of their ground game. Seems to me you want to go into a game using your best weapons. Playoffs are NOT the time to start experimenting. The Broke Backs could not stop Brady. Plain and simple. The Patriots stopped the Broke Back running game, plain and simple. The Patriots forced the broke Backs into throwing the ball, something they do NOT do well. even a poor defense (as in the #31 ranked D; or are those numbers lies too?) can do well vs a 1 dimensional attack. It's a while lot easier KNOWING the other guys HAVE to do certain things to try and get back into the game; things they are NOT very successful at (or, are those stats lies too?).

Go ask a Pop Warner Mommy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : I still say that 8-8 should not win a division. I would like them to change it so that a division "winner" with a non-winning record forfeits their playoff spot to a better wild card team. It won't happen, but it would make crappy divisions sit up and take notice if they at least talked about it.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

That's a really unique idea.  It could actually work. 

I honestly think that Alabama or LSU have defenses that could stop some of the NFL offenses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I tip my cap to BB's defense.

Unfortunately I missed the game because I was forced to work due to an emergency but from everything I have read they did all the things I said they couldn't do ie... rush the passer play, lockdown coverage.

I'll eat some crow which I suppose I do deserve but let's not forget the we still have 2 games left so I'm hoping this continues.

To all who said the defense was alot better then I did throughout the season through thick and thin, a few names that come to mind are Kansas, Rusty and I'm sure there are a few others. Cheers to you!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : KC only allowed them 3 so YOU S T F U
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]
    ...and the Steelers allowed TWENTY NINE!!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Mr. Arrington......You are the weakest link.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Rusty do you think we have the answer to Flacco?

He likes going deep all the time..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

[QUOTE]The Giants didn't have trouble against the Pat's passing attack in 07 and that was the most legit passing attack in history.     Most people, if not all, are praising the defense for its awesome performance, they're not saying the defense is the best ever, why can't you guys see that? In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... :
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]
    agreed  i think most people here are saying it was the best game they played all year since everyone weas healthy  and we can build on that for the next game

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'll admit it looks like I was wrong about our D, and I'm glad to be wrong, though I think the guys coming back healthy was more important that BB witholding defensive schemed during the year....

But I'm going to save the full mea culpas for two more games, then you can expect a full apology (Rusty et al)

Having said that, OP: our playoff exits the last couple years had a lot to do with my attitude and when I read your post I wonder if you even remember how bitter those early losses were, or even that they happened.

Go Pats!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I don't get the controversy here. The D played a good game. They have shown signs of more good play as the season wore on. Hopefully they stay in that mode in the games ahead.

I was not so concerned with them as I was the O-line. But they played great. If the O-line lets Brady operate even if the D is shaky we are going to be in every game. My biggest concern with the D is how they will play at the end of a close game. We have maybe the best endgame QB in history. But that won't help if the D gives up the winning score and the clock runs out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Thanks for being honest.  Now, for the others who need to step forward and do the same, will you?

ha ha.. you should add that as your signature!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : I still say that 8-8 should not win a division. I would like them to change it so that a division "winner" with a non-winning record forfeits their playoff spot to a better wild card team. It won't happen, but it would make crappy divisions sit up and take notice if they at least talked about it.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Can't consider this. The only way to try and make sure a 8-8 or 7-9 team (last year's Seahawks) don't get in the playoffs is to have 2 16 team conferences. The top 6 get in. Then, there's the scheduling problems....

But, even though their record was only 8-8, they DID knock off the Steelers, as did the Seahawks did to the Saints last season. True, they won at home with poor records, but they DID win their divisions, something the Saints and Steelers did NOT do. Can you really award them for NOT winning their divisions? That cheapens what the Falcons did last year and what the Ravens did this season. BTW, we all sure took notice when these "crappy" division winners won their first round playoff games, didn't we? Now, ultimately, just how "crappy" were those teams? 

Are we now going to consider turning the NFL into a BCS deal, when non-conference winners get a legit shot at a championship despite NOT winning their conference? The Falcons and Steelers had 4 chances to control their destinies and didn't do it. Can't start rewarding home playoffs for regular season failures.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Yes.  They;re an easy gameplan and I bet HOuston ties to do something like this: 1. Ray Rice.  He's Marshall Faulk. Think SB 36.   2. Torrey Smith, Bracket him and then mix in some zones as well for effect. That's Balt's offense right now. Flacco is a better version of Sanchez, but you take away Ray Rice's impact even just a bit and Flacco can't beat you with his arm. I am rooting for Balt because the gameplan for us is a lot more deliberate than it would be with Houston, the latter having more weapons than Balt.

Wow, prefering Balt over Houston is a big statement. However, I get whaat your saying as it does make sense. Lee evans to me is underrated and always has been so that cannot be discounted. I think we can get pressure or cause holding penalties as Micheal Oher has a bunch of them this season..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Sorry, but do you think the Pats D would have been the same last night if Wilfork, Spikes, Nikovitch, McCourty and Chungs were unable to play? I don't excuse "injuries", as they are part of the game. You play with who you bring. I just think that it would have been a different outcome if they were even 90% healthy on D. Do you think that the Pats would have put up 45 pts with Welker, Gronk, both guards, and Brady at 60% last night?  I was in a Steelers bar watching the game lst night, and the ONLY thing I'll agree with is their whine that their game would have been totally different if not for the injuries. We Pats fans have bemoaned this injury thing in the past, so we know what that's all about.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]
    In that case, let's write off all of the 14 wins this year is the result of some excuse to be used why the other team couldn't play well against the Pats.  The Pats HAVE won games and STILL win games when injured players go down.  Look at the Pats O-line and the injuries there.  I find it incredible there are folks like yourself who simply can't appreciate how the D played last night without the need to make excuses for the opponent.  Why not accept they played that well and use that success as a jumping board to excel the next time??!! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : We suppose to feel sorry for them? We suppose to feel sorry the Saints had 5 turnovers against the Niners? C'mon man. It is what it is.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    Kansas...  you tell 'em!!!  The superior play of the Pats forced Denver out of their gameplan.  It is not like Denver started out playing horribly without the Pats having a part in it.  I am absolutely amazed at all the excuses we are seeing said here to downplay the play of the D.  Seems the Pats can't win a game "good enough" for some still!