2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: All the haters of our defense...

In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : I never once said this was an '85 Bears D. You're the one who has been overly critical of the D all year and ignored Brady's INT spike, awful 1st halves, etc. I am not being anal at all. I loved what they did yesterday and loved the complementary play I've been looking for. You're just mad I've been right all along.  The offense CAN help our D for once. Our D does the turnover thing (about 2 per game) and battles, so it's nice to see the offense be the one dictating early in the game for once. Bout time!  As if you didn't love that 1st drive?  They took names and kicked aszs. That's what I want. It's momentum and infectious. This is football, not tiddlywinks, Gramps.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

You're wrong yet again.

I have had little criticism for the D for most of the second half of the season. That's because they allowed an average of 17 ppg in the last 9 as opposed to 26 ppg the first 7 games. Are they great? Hell no. But they have graduated to not purely stinking and right along have shown they can make some big plays.

I have also said my concerns for the playoffs are first the O-line playing well and second the D playing well in the endgame. Two of our three losses came when we tied or went ahead in the final minutes only to see the D give it up at the end.

If Brady gets protection I'm not too concerned if the D gives up yards and points because we have the best in the business at QB for the end of a close game. We can keep up with anybody if Brady is secure. And we can win it all if the D steps up at crunch time.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : No, the TEAM is the reason why we won.  When are you going to admit you have mocked my take on the flaws of this offense and why the D was unf You and your buddies  have done nothing but mock me here and would never admit I may have a pretty good, objective take on this team's flaws. Show come class and just concede the points I've made all year, dude. Just do it. You;ve never done it. According to you and Cris Carter, the D is the worst D in NFL history and Belichick can't draft or scout talent.  Also, our offense didn't struggle in first halves at all this year. I didn't BASH the O, I made points that were meant to offer criticism of an offense that has failed for years now against quality Ds. To sit here and deny what you see on the field is ridiculous. Not scoring for entire halves and repeating the same mistake is not a good thing for any offense in this league. LOVED everything about the offense yesterday. LOVED It.  Great pacing, mixing, creativity, etc. One thing that needs some fixing if they do ever chose to try to establish a run game is to stop subbing for BJGE. Or Ridley.  BJGE comes off and then in, they play run and that's why he only had 28 yards on 13 carries. Loved the check down to him on the first play.  Great stuff.

Listen aside from yesterday against a not so great offense, the defense has been bad in my opinion...and statistically. I've stated my reasons why I thought that over and over.

I've said many times that I liked the off season moves made to improve this defense...unfortunately many of them didn't work out because of injuries and Haynesworth. The injuries to Pryor, and Wright hurt us. Losing Carter hopefully won't come back to bite us, however whenever you lose quality players it's never a good thing. The safety spot has been a disaster.

Does getting back guys like Fletcher, Spikes, and Chung help? They do. And I think they will against a team like SF and Baltimore...against a team like NO or GB? I didn't think they would make much of a difference.

The funny thing is I completely agree that a balanced offense is the best offense to have. What I disagree with is that we have the components to be a truly balanced offense - the type of offense that can grind out a running game at the end to win it and control the clock. Ridley in my opinion is the only back on the roster right now that could of given us a chance to do that (and he will now have to get out of the dog house). I don't think Benny is the type of back that is going to win a game for you, he might not lose a game for you, but we need more than that. Yesterday he gained 28 yards on 13 carries...it happens too often. Denver couldn't stop anything we did yesterday, yet this guy couldn't average three yards a carry? Christ! The Steelers couldn't do anything right and their back averaged 6 yards a pop against Denver.

I have no problem what so ever with BB as a coach or even as a GM, it's just when I see some of the defensive talent running around out there this weekend...JJ Watts, Aldon Smith, Jordan, Mathews,Brooks Reed, Barwin ...I wish we had landed just one of these young guys. We could have. Do we have enough to win it all this season? The cards look like they fell in our favor, who knows?

It's not like I think you're an idiot (patsfan1966 is an idiot) - you know football - I just disagree with some stuff you say and you tend to lash out.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I was at the pats game last night and was more impressed with the D than I have been for a long time. yeah I know Tebow can't pass it but I was at the buffalo game as well and the D looked lucky at times against Fitzgerald who was just throwing horrible passes to wide open receivers....last night the coverage was good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the pats game last night and was more impressed with the D than I have been for a long time. yeah I know Tebow can't pass it but I was at the buffalo game as well and the D looked lucky at times against Fitzgerald who was just throwing horrible passes to wide open receivers....last night the coverage was good.
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Good to know, it's tough to see from home, it it so much easier to pick this stuff out at a game...who can cover? Is there wide recievers open? Is the QB missing guys, etc?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : I am not wrong. You've clearly backpedaled off your very angry and stiff stance of the D being the most awful thing ever and Brady coming to the rescue every week mantra. Nice to see you on some better meds. Enjoy the ride.

The facts are there is no bashing of the D by me for a long while.  It is impossible for you to stop spinning.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : Ok.  I didn;t see you complimenting the D at all, so this appeared to be a backpedal from you. I have no issue with basing the D the last 2 weeks by the way. They didn't look good early, whether or not BB was experimenting or not. I simply just preferred to see a final product with all starters being deployed in a gameplan scenario. That's my beef. Just judge based on the starters healthy and the gameplan. This D is very good at following a gameplan. 

The D gave up 300 or more yards passing in 6 of the first 7 games. They only gave up 300 or more passing yards in 2 of the last 9. Obviously they improved. When they stank I said so. When they got better I said they were better.

Being relatively healthy helps too. I just ask that they play well in the 4th quarter.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Good to see King and Babe getting along a tad better - you guys should remember that the other one is not the problem with this forum, there are other real tossers here. 

Seeing the weekend's results, here's what we know: the refs are not calling the games as closely as they were during the regular season. This favors the defense more than we saw in the regular season. In the NFC, the two other teams most pointed to by the "our defense is as good as theirs" crowd, Green Bay and New Orleans, are now watching the rest on their flatscreens. 

The remaining teams are more balanced, with two of the teams (Baltimore and San Fran) having better defenses than offenses. The Pats have arguably the worst D of the four remaining teams though they sure looked good this weekend and they are healthier as well in key positions. 

I think the point right now from this postseason for the Pats is NOT "if you have a high powered offense, you'll be ok," it's "our defense is good enough to rise to the occasion, force some turnovers and keep some points off the board." If our D can be that good (enough), then the fact that we arguably have the best offense of the remaining teams should bode well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : You keep mentioning the Giants game as if the Pats D held the Giants from scoring on their GAME WINNING DRIVE! A great defense holds the line and wins that game, regardless of the PI call.....stop mentioning this game as if the won.
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

The Pats D played very well in that game, and then, with 7 minutes left, the yellow P.I. laundry began flying out of the officials' pockets (both borderline calls, at best), and Chung & Spikes both left the game with injuries.

If the refs called the final 7 minutes the way they called the first 53, and if Chung and Spikes had remained healthy, the Pats win that game and allow about 10 total points.

I put an asterisk next to that NYG loss, and I've had the asterisk there since the game ended.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Guys...the defense played great against the Broncos. Though this is cause for optimism, it's only one game. Good defenses play consistently well. Let's see what the "D" does next week against Ray Rice, Bolden, and Torrey Smith. If the "D" can stop Rice, and pressure Joe Flacco in a similar fashion to what they did to Tim Tebow, that would be impressive.