All the haters of our defense...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DelawarePats. Show DelawarePats's posts

Re: All the haters of our defense...

In Response to All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]BB was playing it conservative all season, he always knew he could field a 3/4 defense that could stop anybody.   All you haters realize, yards don't mean squat, save your fascination of the wrong stats for fantasy land!
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DelawarePats. Show DelawarePats's posts

one game of stopping one thing THE OPTION isn't fixing a defense don't be fooled don't think everything is golden

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

If we didn't get Nate Solder in the first round, we would not be in the playoffs and Brady might have been hospitalized with all the pressures and sacks! Watts would have been good, Solder is better!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense...:
    [QUOTE]one game of stopping one thing THE OPTION isn't fixing a defense don't be fooled don't think everything is golden
    Posted by DelawarePats[/QUOTE]
    Given how Denver ran for over 250 yards in the first game and was limited to less than 150 this time is a sign the D IS improving.  Besides, the Ravens present the same running presence without a mobile QB, but, a QB who is a better passer, but, Flacco is so inconsistent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: All the haters of our defense... : The facts are there is no bashing of the D by me for a long while.  It is impossible for you to stop spinning.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

haha...you are funny.... fip flop much....

just tell me though what do you think of BB as a teambuilder/gm???

if they win this year he will probably be considered the best ever...  
    bab(e)......   gm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

King.... Could you do an analysis on the  Playoff games based on unforced errors ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

heres my spin.....

vindicated themselves by spanking the hapless swets during reg season... pretty much everyone knew they were just a bunch of toes sniffers anyway...

they will now vindicate themselves against the mavens...older generation defenders whose time has passed them by...

then they will play and dismantle the giants and there will be no miracle catch to save them this time...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]     Guys...the defense played great against the Broncos. Though this is cause for optimism, it's only one game. Good defenses play consistently well. Let's see what the "D" does next week against Ray Rice, Bolden, and Torrey Smith. If the "D" can stop Rice, and pressure Joe Flacco in a similar fashion to what they did to Tim Tebow, that would be impressive.
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Amen, Tex.

Let's see how long it will take for you, too, to be labled a "hater".

God forbid someone having an opinion that is not Cherry Kool Aid flavored!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]one game of stopping one thing THE OPTION isn't fixing a defense don't be fooled don't think everything is golden
    Posted by DelawarePats[/QUOTE]

Deleware,

Glad to see that you, too, now made "The List" of celebrated Pats D haters!

Welcome aboard! Assigned seating will be designated after the AFC Championship game this Sunday.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

AZ.. here is the problem.. all the Patriots' D nay-sayers are quoting stats.  I wish there was some way to factor out all the late TDs and yardage an opponent gained against the Pats D when the game was not in doubt the Pats would win.  Granted, this is no excuse for their play, but, it all rolls up statistically to make that D look bad.  Classic case is the Dolphins game.. the Pats were up 31 - 3 about 5 minutes into the 4th quarter and the D totally went super soft!  Plus, how many games did the D start out slowly only to shut down the other team in the second half, but, those early stats looked horrible.  Another classic case, the first quarter of the Denver game.  This D is better than the stats claim and they make the plays at the right time to win! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]AZ.. here is the problem.. all the Patriots' D nay-sayers are quoting stats.  I wish there was some way to factor out all the late TDs and yardage an opponent gained against the Pats D when the game was not in doubt the Pats would win.  Granted, this is no excuse for their play, but, it all rolls up statistically to make that D look bad.  Classic case is the Dolphins game.. the Pats were up 31 - 3 about 5 minutes into the 4th quarter and the D totally went super soft!  Plus, how many games did the D start out slowly only to shut down the other team in the second half, but, those early stats looked horrible.  Another classic case, the first quarter of the Denver game.  This D is better than the stats claim and they make the plays at the right time to win! 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

You would have to do that for all teams for it to be a fair comparison though.  Honestly I think most of the disagreement at this point about the D is much more subtle than whether they are good or "the worst ever" like you hear on ESPN.  I think there is also some disagreement about how the play of the offense has complemented the play of the D.  That being said I think most of us agree that the defense played better in the second half of the season, they played extremely well against Denver and the team is clicking in a way that makes a return to the Super Bowl a strong possibility. I think as Pats fans we can all enjoy that.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Good post, PCM.  But if you filter through this thread, there are some who still refuse to scale back from their premises. AZ Pat is a new entry here now pounding the "yeah, but they faded Tebow" routine, which I just KNEW would crop up. You have to ask, are these people Patriots fans or fans of other teams who sort of bandwagoned here in 2007 and now just dance around to be combative here?  How hard is it to simply say: "The Pats look like they did when they won SBs the other night"....? We've waited since SB 42 for an opportunity to simply root for our team and watch another run and this board has been invaded by just miserable, irrational people. If NE wins a Sb this year or in the future, it almost seems like they'll be ticked off they have nothing to complain about.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

KING.... Off topic, but could you do an analysis of the past weekend games in terms the teams unforced errors. For example GB, 8 drops, onside kick early etc

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know what you're asking me.   I think the teams that won, minimized their errors, won for a reason. Saints threw 3 INTs, turned it over 5 times, GB lost their turnover battle and had drops, Rodgers hadn't played in 3 weeks and was off, their OC's son died, etc. Eli had a bozo INT, almost had another, but he reined it in well in the second half on the road, which is what had to happen for NY. Denver actually didn't have a lot of unforced errors. They just got blasted. I'd say Houston and New Orleans were to two worst, two domed teams outdoors o the road.  Not surprising. That's my analysis on that.

Thanks..... I think fumbles from getting hit are forced; whereas,punt return drops; dropped passes on very catchable balls; penalties[Chung]; and forcing the ball into coverage [TexanQB] are unforced. All are bad but unforced relates  to bad judgement/discipline.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Good post, PCM.  .... If NE wins a Sb this year or in the future, it almost seems like they'll be ticked off they have nothing to complain about.
    The headline when they do:
    "Worst DEFENSIVE TEAM in NFL History miraculous in SB win over 49ers: 45 - 21!"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]AZ.. here is the problem.. all the Patriots' D nay-sayers are quoting stats.  I wish there was some way to factor out all the late TDs and yardage an opponent gained against the Pats D when the game was not in doubt the Pats would win.  Granted, this is no excuse for their play, but, it all rolls up statistically to make that D look bad.  Classic case is the Dolphins game.. the Pats were up 31 - 3 about 5 minutes into the 4th quarter and the D totally went super soft!  Plus, how many games did the D start out slowly only to shut down the other team in the second half, but, those early stats looked horrible.  Another classic case, the first quarter of the Denver game.  This D is better than the stats claim and they make the plays at the right time to win! 
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Good post

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The only thing that scares me with our offense is this....

We whooped the Broncos but had the ball nearly 10 mins less then they did. Now Brady was at his best in this game, but if we use that plan this Sunday or against the Gianst or niners it scares me for a few reasons:

1: Brady is vulnerable to all 3 teams GREAT Pass rush. He has taken some big hits this season, and the Ravens and Niners have a history of hurting players(look at Jimmy Graham and Pierre Thomas)

2: More importantly if we don't throw 6 tds this time, say we score 2-3, we are giving the ball back much faster then if we had the run game incorporated. This means our defense will be on the field more then they need to be, but against better passers then Tebow(understatement of the year)

It is a gamble to throw so often and use the no huddle so much, if we don't get in the endzone/go 3 n out/ turn the ball over we are really sticking it to our defense.

I would like to see us rest that clock a bit, but at the same time if Brady plays like he did against a good Broncos defense we might not have to worry about it.

GO PATS!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]The only thing that scares me with our offense is this.... We whooped the Broncos but had the ball nearly 10 mins less then they did. Now Brady was at his best in this game, but if we use that plan this Sunday or against the Gianst or niners it scares me for a few reasons: 1: Brady is vulnerable to all 3 teams GREAT Pass rush. He has taken some big hits this season, and the Ravens and Niners have a history of hurting players(look at Jimmy Graham and Pierre Thomas) 2: More importantly if we don't throw 6 tds this time, say we score 2-3, we are giving the ball back much faster then if we had the run game incorporated. This means our defense will be on the field more then they need to be, but against better passers then Tebow(understatement of the year) It is a gamble to throw so often and use the no huddle so much, if we don't get in the endzone/go 3 n out/ turn the ball over we are really sticking it to our defense. I would like to see us rest that clock a bit, but at the same time if Brady plays like he did against a good Broncos defense we might not have to worry about it. GO PATS!!!!!!!!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    Surprisingly, the Pats D has been on the field longer than the offense due to the quickness in which it scores. With that said, it still clamps down on the opponent most games until the Pats are well ahead and then go, agonizingly, into the "prevent D" we all hate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

A big issue will be that we'll need to use our tight ends in the blocking game much more as we advance, better defenses will require these guys to stay home to block, which begs the question will any of our wide receivers be able to blow the lid off these defenses?  Will Chad Johnson finally show up to play for a complete game?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.