All this Jets talk only brings to mind one question....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

All this Jets talk only brings to mind one question....

All this Jets talk about people sweating the Jets off season moves still only leave us with one important question to ask ourselves and that is can Rex Ryan out coach Bill Belichick on a consistent basis? My answer is no he cant. And with that said I am not worried about the Jets. So what do you guys think? either Ryan can out coach Belichick on a consistent basis in which case we should all be worried or he cant in which case stop sweating the Jets. Its just that simple.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: All this Jets talk only brings to mind one question....

In Response to All this Jets talk only brings to mind one question....:
    All this Jets talk about people sweating the Jets off season moves still only leave us with one important question to ask ourselves and that is can Rex Ryan out coach Bill Belichick on a consistent basis? My answer is no he cant. And with that said I am not worried about the Jets. So what do you guys think? either Ryan can out coach Belichick on a consistent basis in which case we should all be worried or he cant in which case stop sweating the Jets. Its just that simple.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

I don't think he can. A part of coaching is also dealing with the players, and the Jets have too many personalities on that team. We'll see how he handles them in a slump.

As far as coaching during games and analyzing tape etc. I don't think Ryan can come close to Belichick. There's a reason he's one of the most feared coaches in the league. Remember 08? Belichick coached a team that lost almost everyone due to injury, including its superstar QB, to finish 11-5. Last year the competition was insane, and we made the playoffs. Now the many great rookies from last years draft have a year under their belts, and the team will start finding its groove. Brady was having timing issues last year because of his surgery as well. If I were the Jets, I would be afraid of the Pats. Too bad they're way too arrogant. Hopefully we have a great draft this year as well, and the rookies are able to step up and perform when needed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We have the better HC/DC, but the Jets have the better personnel on defense so the point is moot. The Jets have the better OC and STC (Special teams coach) so coaching goes to the Jets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Is somebody sweating Green  New Jersey?

It's patently laughable to mention Belichick and Ryan in the same sentence, let alone bother with a legitimate comparison of their proven abilities. If you started this thread with the intention of having everyone on the board agree with you -- except underdogg(g), of course  -- congratulations, you're well on your way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In my opinion its not about being out-coached. BB had his problems last year coaching and there were many serious blunders. Your coach can only do so much and if the players or the team does not preform then the best coaching in the world wont help them.
    Right now Ryan is being very smart, he got the Jets all spitfired up and they did pretty good last year compared to usual. Now if they players start believing in themselves and start playing good ball, the Patriots are in for a head to head season. I like it, it makes the Patriots have to make moves and puts them on notice to play agressive football. This could be a very good season to watch!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

New Jersey has a football team?  Are they any good?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: All this Jets talk only brings to mind one question....:
    Is somebody sweating Green  New Jersey? It's patently laughable to mention Belichick and Ryan in the same sentence, let alone bother with a legitimate comparison of their proven abilities. If you started this thread with the intention of having everyone on the board agree with you -- except underdogg(g), of course  -- congratulations, you're well on your way.
    Posted by p-mike

I'd say you'd better start sweating the Jets.  They proved last year that they were worthy of it. 

But, I'd be more confident in that statement if Rex Ryan didn't open his mouth so much.  This doesn't mean that I think he should never say anything, like Belichick, but I found myself taking him less seriously the more he talked. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing Green New Jersey proved last year is that, when it comes to gagging on its own spit, San Dago is an equal-opportunity patsy. Apparently, the only team that doesn't frighten them half to death when the pressure is on is the Colts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Maybe, but if the pats playoff performance v the Ravens is any indicator of the future, the Jets may not need to prove all that much.  I can't remember a game when a belichick pats team looked worse when it mattered.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

All this talk brings us to the main point of the question; you gotta do it on the field ! The Patriots in spite of losing 5 veteran players from their defense( and rehabilitating their star quaterback from a possible career ending injury) were one very bad call from beating Payton Manning and his Colts and a terrible injury to their 09 mvp Wes Welker from beating the Texans and being a 12-4 Team. Were they a Super Bowl caliber team maybe, maybe not but remember the Jets were a 7-9 team if two division championship teams don't lay down in the last two weeks of the season. Are they better than last year, yes. Are they better than the Patriots, not  as I see it and our best moves are yet to come! Lets not panic, this is Bill Belichek ,Bob Kraft and the Patriots! I can't wait to play the Jets.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

They now have assembled an offense full of egos, that will get on each other nerves. i can't see them winning more than 9 games.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

1. Last time i checked, it was the players who made the plays not the coaches...

2. Atleast they are making moves....

3. I love my patriots and the reality of the matter is you morons keep thinking 5 draft picks and we are superbowl worthy its pathetic...

oh wait i forgot we picked up deion branch, alge crumpler... ur right... cus holmes dustin keller and braylon edwards is worst then them right?

You forget they have draft picks too? SO NIAVE...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Im not sweating the jets , but they have got better. Why is that such a bad/hard thing to admit? A.C. will be a great fit there , hes not a number one corner and now he doesnt have to be. Hes on a better D , that plays to his strentghs and plays great in the " read/attack" scheme. Holmes will make that O better , hes not a true number WR and doesnt have to be. That O will rely on everyone , that just one guy. Edwards can move to the X position , Holmes will go to the flanker position and J.C will play the slot , with Keller at TE. Sanchez has all the tools to be a very good QB one day and they have a top 5 O-line. Besides what positions they play most of above is fact. They have got better , again what the problem adimtting that? In terms of coaching , well thats not even a debate , BB chits more than Ryan knows. But being the smartest coach and knowing your X's/O's isnt they most important thing when it comes down to it. Ryans players believe in him and his system , thats the most important thing and right now he has it. That said Im not sweating the jets although it will be much tougher winning that div. Theres one other point I want to make to MVPKILLA involving the PATS teams of years ago. Everyone likes to think those teams did it w/ regular players , that couldnt be further from the truth! Ted Washington was a very good player , maybe not a superstar , but he was a top 5 guy at his position DT/NT. Big Sey was absolutely a star , again another top 5 guy at his position , DT or playing the 5 technique. Tedy B was a star , he was a great player , maybe not a top 5 guy because the I/MILB position is/was so loaded. He was an easy top ten player there though. Ty Law , Milloy , Mcginest , Troy Brown , Cox , Vrabel , Phifer , Johnson , were all very , exceptional players. LOL it kills me everytime I hear someoen say something to the effect of " why do we need stars on our team , look who we won our rings w/ ". We had more than enough " stars " on those teams. Since Im a huge boxing fan I'll borrow a pharse from the sport. The PATS pound for pound had more talent than the Rams and Panthers , the Eagles might be debatable.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

I agree its not good to have so many stars all brought in at once, but the thing is they're all goona be working their *ss off for the contracts (no one has a long contract there) so if it falls apart they could fire cromardie, edwards, holmes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12bradymoss81. Show 12bradymoss81's posts

We have the better HC/DC, but the Jets have the better personnel on defense so the point is moot. The Jets have the better OC and STC (Special teams coach) so coaching goes to the Jets.
    Posted by 49Patriots
    It isn't exactly hard to call plays when you call power literally every other time and still win games.  The Pats had injuries last year, with an older and more experienced defense this year we'll see what the Jets can do with their run game

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12bradymoss81. Show 12bradymoss81's posts

Maybe, but if the pats playoff performance v the Ravens is any indicator of the future, the Jets may not need to prove all that much.  I can't remember a game when a belichick pats team looked worse when it mattered.
    Posted by underdoggg

That game was the culmination of a lot of bad things.  You can't use that game as a indicator.  That game was just the point in which Brady's injuries caught up to him, the leadership void shown through strongest, and the youth on the defense was most apparent.  I'd say that a lot of these problems are going to be fixed next season.  Not saying we don't still have holes, but I think the leadership void will be a lot smaller, and Brady will be healthy.  But we'll see.  I'm very excited for the 2010 season, no one thinks the Pats can beat the Jets or do anything....just like back in 2001

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

There are three things in life that are sure things

Death
    Taxes
    and the Jets suckking

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

There are three things in life that are sure things

Death
    Taxes
    and the Jets suckking

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

1. Last time i checked, it was the players who made the plays not the coaches... 2. Atleast they are making moves.... 3. I love my patriots and the reality of the matter is you morons keep thinking 5 draft picks and we are superbowl worthy its pathetic... oh wait i forgot we picked up deion branch, alge crumpler... ur right... cus holmes dustin keller and braylon edwards is worst then them right? You forget they have draft picks too? SO NIAVE...
    Posted by clarkeyj1

deion branch?? Yeh I can tell you really love your Patriots !!  Moron!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: All this Jets talk only brings to mind one question.... : That game was the culmination of a lot of bad things.  You can't use that game as a indicator.  That game was just the point in which Brady's injuries caught up to him, the leadership void shown through strongest, and the youth on the defense was most apparent.  I'd say that a lot of these problems are going to be fixed next season.  Not saying we don't still have holes, but I think the leadership void will be a lot smaller, and Brady will be healthy.  But we'll see.  I'm very excited for the 2010 season, no one thinks the Pats can beat the Jets or do anything....just like back in 2001
    Posted by 12bradymoss81

I thought the playoffs WERE supposed to be the culmination of a season played.  If that is a bad thing, then it doesn't say much about the team, in general. 

As for Brady's injuries - who knows what is right.  I've looked and not seen a confirmation of anything regarding Brady's injury.  And if he did have rib problems, there are conflicting reports about when it actually occurred.

Here's the other thing I don't get.  The Jets bring in 2 guys who've demonstrated character problems and everyone here is saying this will have a negative effect on the team.   But Corey Dillon worked out for the pats and so did Randy Moss, neither of which demonstrated great judgement or team mentality prior to coming to the pats.  I only wonder why everyone thinks that the Jets can't do the same.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

In Response to Re: All this Jets talk only brings to mind one question.... : I thought the playoffs WERE supposed to be the culmination of a season played.  If that is a bad thing, then it doesn't say much about the team, in general.  As for Brady's injuries - who knows what is right.  I've looked and not seen a confirmation of anything regarding Brady's injury.  And if he did have rib problems, there are conflicting reports about when it actually occurred. Here's the other thing I don't get.  The Jets bring in 2 guys who've demonstrated character problems and everyone here is saying this will have a negative effect on the team.   But Corey Dillon worked out for the pats and so did Randy Moss, neither of which demonstrated great judgement or team mentality prior to coming to the pats.  I only wonder why everyone thinks that the Jets can't do the same.
    Posted by underdoggg

Serious dog why don't you stick with the team you are suppose to know best. We will handle the jets you just worry about the dolts. Indy the choke capitol of the world. I thought every state outlawed inbreeding.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: All this Jets talk only brings to mind one question.... : deion branch?? Yeh I can tell you really love your Patriots !!  Moron!
    Posted by NEGAME

Oh im sorry david patten.... I just get confused we keep signing 36 year old BUMS OFF THE STREET THAT DONT HELP US OUT and should of retired

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

In Response to Re: All this Jets talk only brings to mind one question.... : I thought the playoffs WERE supposed to be the culmination of a season played.  If that is a bad thing, then it doesn't say much about the team, in general.  As for Brady's injuries - who knows what is right.  I've looked and not seen a confirmation of anything regarding Brady's injury.  And if he did have rib problems, there are conflicting reports about when it actually occurred. Here's the other thing I don't get.  The Jets bring in 2 guys who've demonstrated character problems and everyone here is saying this will have a negative effect on the team.   But Corey Dillon worked out for the pats and so did Randy Moss, neither of which demonstrated great judgement or team mentality prior to coming to the pats.  I only wonder why everyone thinks that the Jets can't do the same.
    Posted by underdoggg

Because everyone ehere thinks that the Patriots are the only team who can control their players... and every one has character issues...will continue those character issues.  But if those players were coming to NE everyone in this thread would be jumping on the bandwagon praising BB for a great job to get so much for so little,  That is why people in here are pathetic.

I understand support our team, but be open-minded to a certain degree regardless of a love/hate relationship of another team/player. 

Just because we won in the past ALOT OF PEOPLE IN think we can do so much with SO LITTLE, and keep living in the past. Plus these BANDWAGON fans keep thinking oh yah oh yah we are the best we are the best.  Right now we probably will hit 9-7. 

Its pretty ignorant when FANS are MORE COCKY then players.  Especially when fans can see that another team is doing more to their team, by getting faster, stronger, and younger, while our team is gettin OLDER, SLOWER, and FATTER.

Yup you are a fan alright of the patriots, when you know truley how football works.  

SANCHEZ, EDWARDS, GREENE, WASHINGTON, HOLMES, KELLER ages 22-28
    BRADY, MOSS, WELKER, MARONEY*, TAYLOR, CRUMPLER, ages 32-36 and a 24 year old

This group... is talented but slowing down and more likely to get injured.

I mean im not pissed with the patriots unless they dont completely do anything at the draft... and if they just draft and dont trade... well they arent making  it to the superbowl...