All this talk about leadership......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

All this talk about leadership......

Where is JR. at?

Isn't that the reason he was signed?

Still love him .... just sayin.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: All this talk about leadership......

focus is needed.here is another gossip starting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/09/moss-looks-to-be-at-his-new-england-crossroads/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nothing to do with leadership, just a lack of a pass rush. 

If Rodney, Vrabel, Bruschi, and Seymour were still on the team we would be talking about their age because they weren't very good pass rushers. Fix the pass rush and you'll fix the problem.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Rodney Harrison was an incredible playmaker---no one this present team comes close to matching him.  Vravbel and  Bruschi had their great years too--as did Mcginnis in the big spots, but Harrison, with the exception of his final year, was an enormous presence.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Leadership has never won a football game.  Talented players put in position to succeed win football games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: All this talk about leadership......:
    [QUOTE]Leadership has never won a football game.  Talented players put in position to succeed win football games.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, talented players need leadership.  I've never played football, but I sure have seen a lot of talented youth that needed a good swift kick in the tail, or other forms of "leadership" at times to get them to utilize all that talent.  If I read all the Brady quotes right, he's basically saying not everyone is putting forth the effort that they should on non game days in order to prepare for the game.  The actions you take to rectify that is what you call leadership.  

Something I've frequently told many a young trooper or many an employee is that talent alone will not get you very far in life.  You need a lot of other qualities.  Teaching and bringing out those qualities is leadership.  Even with athletes, those we perceive as talented are actually talented in addition to having a lot of other qualities needed to harness the talent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Leadership has never won a football game.  Talented players put in position to succeed win football games.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Leadership is part of the equation that puts the players into position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

So your saying the Pats should have sent someone to pick Moss up today? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Good leadership gives the inspiration for a good pass rush. It comes from individual talent, good coaching and swift kick in the azz once in a while. But it also needs to come from on the field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

By "Put in position to succeed" I'm saying coaching is the other ingredient necessary to win in the NFL. 

Leadership to me is installed by great coaching and not rubbed off from old players.  That's my belief and I'm sticking to it Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]By "Put in position to succeed" I'm saying coaching is the other ingredient necessary to win in the NFL.  Leadership to me is installed by great coaching and not rubbed off from old players.  That's my belief and I'm sticking to it.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Dude, so by that logic if you have a first year player who has a great coach but no older experience around him he's be better off? 
    The Pats have been able to balance that but this is the  youngest team in BB's tenor with the Pats. Experience is everything to pass on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Good leadership gives the inspiration for a good pass rush. It comes from individual talent, good coaching and swift kick in the azz once in a while. But it also needs to come from on the field.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In the past 6-7 years there has  ben leadership by example on the field from guys like Seymour, Harrison McGinnest, Vrabel Bruschi to name a few. They made big plays, it wore off on other players and produced greatness. Who's doning that now? Guy w experience on the team should but do you see it from Warren? Jarvis Green?, Burgess? Thomas? Hell no! I haven't seen even a hint of a big play from any of these pretenders all year and people wonder why this team is floundering!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In the past 6-7 years there has  ben leadership by example on the field from guys like Seymour, Harrison McGinnest, Vrabel Bruschi to name a few. They made big plays, it wore off on other players and produced greatness. Who's doning that now? Guy w experience on the team should but do you see it from Warren? Jarvis Green?, Burgess? Thomas? Hell no! I haven't seen even a hint of a big play from any of these pretenders all year and people wonder why this team is floundering!
    Posted by jader

~Well said jader...and agreed.  Taking it one step further, Within this Leadership (specifically that the Pat's had) was also vast amounts of experience and intelligence.  This massive amount of football knowledge (on other teams, formations, schematics, certain player matchups- on and on) is not only shown and conveyed, but even rubs off on those less experienced in the Pros... 

And imo, My gut feeling (since noone here has intimate knowledge of these team relations)-Tells me that you're correct.  I'm certainly not saying that fixing the pass-rush and getting a skilled RB hat are physical freaks in their elite NFL talent, Isn't totally paramount...and it would cover many, many problems.  But, It's just  I too, really don't see these next-in-line Veteran Team "Leaders" stepping up en masse to bring others along, selflessly do their job, fill in the gaps, fix and correct mistakes, make the huge plays when critically needed, and a million other things. 

BB can't do ALL these things himself, and perhaps Leading By Being, or even wanting to be, the Veteran person coming in early to discuss any game events or issues with some rookie, Is part of WHY BB sent those 4 guys packing yesterday. 

Sections
Shortcuts