All this talk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: All this talk

i don't want to diminish what TB has done. The man is the GOAT as far as I am concerned. To your point of "Better get Tom some help". I'll say 2007!! i think that can stand on it's own. of the three SB's that the patriots have won. How many were on the backs of the Offense. The number is zero "0". Again, not saying the O wasn't a part of those victories. But the fact of the matter remains...

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS !!!!  There is VERY little wiggle room in that statement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

I think if you read my post again I give the Pats O some love. All the Sanchez bashing is legit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You take away Brady and there is no team of the decade. No fat job for Pioli, Crennel, Wise, Mangini, McDaniels, and come to think of it maybe Belicheck. Enjoy the years he has left and pray the pats start realizing when his career is over the parade will be to. 

Don't mind me, I'm pissed they didn't get Marshall. The guy is a beast and would have changed this offense into the one we had in 07. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'll agree with Brady being the main reason of success. you talk to colts fans and they say Vinateri is the reason the Pats won 3 super bowls, LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

i agree somewhat, but what happened in '08?  how did we do without brady?
    .... how did cassel do with and without BB

also shows how the two are quite correlated

at this point the best things we can do [apart from waiting for the draft] are:
    possibly signing TO to a no Bu11shit contract that is for low pay and high bonuses (he behaved very well last season with a horrible player passing the ball)
    or if that makes you angry, then we need to trade a pick for Steve Smith from the Panthers, hed be a great fit

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: All this talk:
    You take away Brady and there is no team of the decade. No fat job for Pioli, Crennel, Wise, Mangini, McDaniels, and come to think of it maybe Belicheck. Enjoy the years he has left and pray the pats start realizing when his career is over the parade will be to.  Don't mind me, I'm pissed they didn't get Marshall. The guy is a beast and would have changed this offense into the one we had in 07. 
    Posted by mthurl

I'm not positive that's exactly true. Tom Brady is a wonderful QB, and I wouldn't get rid of him for the world. However, it was mainly Bledsoe and the defense that won the game against the steelers to get the team to the superbowl in 01. Some people forget that. Brady got hurt early in that game but they still made it to the big show. Also, the team did well with Cassel filling in for Brady in 08. I'm not discounting Brady's accomplishments, I'm just saying BB deserves more credit than he's being given here.