All those complaining about the D tell me what the offense did Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

All those complaining about the D tell me what the offense did Sunday

50 plays with ONE trip into the Steelers' Red Zone.
    30% 3rd down conversion rate
    198 yds passing
    43 yds rushing
    Scoring consisted of 1 drive for a TD in the 4th quarter when the Steelers were in prevent mode and one long field goal

The other TD was a field position gift from the defense.
    Apparently Brady and the offense don't have to take responsibility for poor play

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

Re: All those complaining about the D tell me what the offense did Sunday

same offense every loss. no balance, very predictable, no running game, three and outs, send the defense right back out there. there is far too much talent in that group to put up that kind of performance. where was ridley? they think that they can force the spread on any team and move the ball at will, that wont work against decent teams. 

imo they will rebound, its more of a coaching issue. the defense struggled early but made adjustments to slow down the steeler offense and hold them to fgs.. the offense did nothing to change what wasn't working. there wasn't any attempt to establish a running game, it can take more than just a couple of carries to do so. .. way too predictable..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

In Response to Re: All those complaining about the D tell me what the offense did Sunday:
    same offense every loss. no balance, very predictable, no running game, three and outs, send the defense right back out there. there is far too much talent in that group to put up that kind of performance. where was ridley? they think that they can force the spread on any team and move the ball at will, that wont work against decent teams.  imo they will rebound, its more of a coaching issue. the defense struggled early but made adjustments to slow down the steeler offense and hold them to fgs.. the offense did nothing to change what wasn't working. there wasn't any attempt to establish a running game, it can take more than just a couple of carries to do so. .. way too predictable..
    Posted by kjfiton

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Complaining about the offense isn't any better than complaining about the defense.  Good defenses stop good offenses every week.  Get over it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

We won plenty of games in the past w/Brady scoring low amount of points and us throwing for less than 300

Just because he threw for 400 early doesnt mean its the norm.

The offense wasnt great, but they basically had to call 3 perfect plays to start the game and they didnt.

You cant get a rythm sitting on the sideline cold while you defense allows Ben to go up and down the field.

Is it at all posssible to say we LOST in all 3 PHASES OF THE GAME!

whats with all this offense/defense c rap and whos fault it is?

We s ucked all around sunday....Get over it and stop trying to prop up our weak defense!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The offense played poorly as well as the defense. Problem is the offense only plays poorly a couple times a year and the defense does it a dozen times a year. If you're looking for an offense that is great every game of every year you will be looking a long time. If you're looking for one of the best offenses in the NFL than you have it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajaym. Show ajaym's posts

Yo - wait a sec. The whole team had a bad day - offense, defense, special teams and coaching. The one thing I can say for offense is that one stinking day Brady has trouble and we are done. A decent defense would have given TB some more chances to get started (by stopping big Ben) and perhaps he might have gotten going.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: All those complaining about the D tell me what the offense did Sunday:
    False. I can literally name 6 games where the D battled for the O to win last year. I can name 3 for this year so far. Stop acting like the offense is close to perfect week to week and the D does nothing on its own. It's so ridicluous. Just stop. 2010 - Miami, SD, Balt, Minnesota, Colts, Packers.  These are 6 games where the D either battled to make plays to change the game or where they literally bailed our offense out so they cauld finally put it away. In 2011 - SD, NY Jets, Dallas. These 3 games are examples where our D played well, or atleast well at times, to give our offense chances to score or get themselves together. The Hernandez dropped TD put more pressure on our D in the game than needed to be,. They still held on until we ran it a bunch to put NY away. Look at the Buffalo game. The 14 of the 21 ist half points? Came from two Arrington picks, setting up incredibly short fields.  The only reason why it got out of control was 3 successive Brady INTS in the second half!  That's on the offense! The fact is, YET AGAIN (I am speechless people don't see this), our one dimensional offense cannot sustain drives!! It's dead!  Stop using it as the base offense!! Please!  Enough! On Sunday, our offense put together TWO DRIVES of their own that scored points!!  10 points! One was a TD with time running down! Wake up! So, at best, through 7 games, I can make a very substantial case, it's not as one sided as "our offense is perfect for 12 games and our D only is good for 4" per year. Horrendously incorrect premise. Go back to 2009 with this shotgunu spread!   @Miami, @ Denver, @ NY!  All road games and all games our one dimensioanl offense scored ZERO POINTS IN THE SECOND HALF!!!! Only FGs in the Jets game, blew a lead in Denver, losing in OT, and we did nothing againsnt Miami in that game. PLease watch the games and watch how they unfold, not just highlights and stats!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

What can I tell you King, in the last ten years the highest scoring offenses were 2007 Pats, 2003 Colts, 2010 Pats. If you don't think the offense is good then we disagree. What did they say in Dallas, the last time the team failed to score 30 points was Cleveland and they lost- that's pretty telling. You can think of 6 games the defense played well last year- they let Flinn (a BU QB) have over a 100 rating and 3TDs. So now we're down to 5, maybe there's more I don't feel like looking them up again but if your defense played well in 5 or even 6 games and didnt play well in the other 10 or 11 games than it is not a good defense. Good defenses do not do poorly in nearly every defensive category. Bad offenses do not do great in nearly every offensive category. Neither played well last Sunday, if either one had they could have won. Unless your expectation is that they are the best offense ever and never have a bad game I don't know what more a reasonable person could expect. It's some kind of bizarro world thing where you think one of the best offenses in the NFL is bad and the worst defenses is great.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Look at the time of possession and ask yourself, was it Brady's fault? or the fact that the defense couldn't stop a 3rd down if their life depended on it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You can't blame just the D on just the O it's both

For O we need balance. That was beyond noticeable this past game when Pitt's entire concept was to stop the 5-`5 yrd passing plays but having strong press man and put pressure on Brady. 80% of the time Brady had pressure in under 3sec and when the WR's can't get off the line cleanly it's dangerous. You combat that with WR screens, TE screens, and power running. With 10-11 at the line all it takes is 1 missed tackle and they can break free. We never adapted to that and actually O'Brien admitted to doing the opposite. His reasoning was that when they have the lead they want BJGE in and when they don't they want Faulk in to protect Brady (the reason Faulk was in for the majority of the plays). That fell right into right Pitt was doing, just plain stupid. The one time they ran an over the top play and gave Brady some time Price was wide open (boy that kid is fast and could get separation. Maybe why O'Brien plans to use him more?) but Brady under threw him. A perfect throw would have been a sure TD. But, you can only run taht a handful of times a game, unlike when they had Moss they ran it a couple times a drive which failed them at the end of 09' and the beginning of 10'.

For the D, you can't be on the field for 40 mins. You need to make stops every so often. Did you know other then the end of the half, end of the game, or the 2min drive meant to kill clock the D only had 1 drive which they prevent Pit from getting into scoring position? (Pit had 1 missed FG) Pit had 6 drives out of 7 that averaged ~6min a drive and ~10+ plays per drive that put them in position for a FG or TD (1 missed FG). You can't give up that many plays per drive and that much clock and expect to win. You don't have to stop them every time and giving up only FG's in the red zone is great BUT at least 2-3 times a game you have to stop a drive that sets up your O with good field position and doesn't take a lot of time off the clock. Do you realize Pit only punted once? And, that was with :28sec left in the game on a drive meant to kill clock not score. You have a better shot winning a game when your O is on the field more then your D  and this past game the D was on the field twice as much as the O not solely because the O couldn't stay on the field but because the D couldn't get off the field

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

The Pats offense is a timing, in sync offense.  If the Pats Defense allows the other team to go on 10 min drives everytime (which in real time is more like 25 mins), the offense will be out of sync form standing around pretty much the whole game.  The Pats had ONE possession the whole first quarter. 

Also, when your D is soooo bad it allows scores almost every possession, it puts added pressure on the O to score pretty much everytime it has the ball.  That doesn't help either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

If the Pats D doesn't improve dramatically, the offense is going to have to put up 30 per game to keep these close.  They started 5-1 because of a high scoring offense.

The D is going to continue to give up serious yardage in passing downs.  I'm not writing this to be pessimistic, but our secondary basically consists of Pat Chung.  That's it.  Unless something miraculous happens with this pass defense, they're in trouble. 

Steelers had this team's number bigtime last Sunday and frankly, they deserved the win a lot more than the Pats.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Rusty is losing it... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

I think rusty has a point. Most of the draft went to acquire talent around brady for past 2 years or so where as defence was mostly band-aid. It is absolutely bad play calling where as steelers did excellent in play calls.  Even with Playoff game with ravens before defence got on the filed they were down 14 points. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

JetMangione the defence picks do the job they asked for. The same defence will look good if the offence is firing on all guns. Teams makes mistake when they play catch up or down. Prime example is green bay which is exactly in the same mode. GB very creative with offense and we are not. Their defence except 3 to 4 players similar to ours. They can play more aggressive becoz they are always ahead by 14 points 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

The O didn't do much. I haven't seen anybody saying they played well. But the D didn't do much either. ST missed a critical FG. Plenty of blame to go around.
    Posted by BabeParilli

This is becoming a pattern, isnt it. Its just bad play calling. You cant go 3 and out for the entire half which i agree they got only 4 chances. They are too good offenseive skill sets to be that way. If they had long drives and ice Big ben on the bench their playcalling changes 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to All those complaining about the D tell me what the offense did Sunday : They won't be able to. Those are horrendous stats for a supposed all word offense off a Bye week. There's no denying it. If you showed me those stats prior to the game, I would have guessed it was the Skins offense not ours. Nice job, Evil.  Contexts, facts and realities bring irrationals down a bit in the court room. The whole reason why it was even close was because of Guyton's INT.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Rusty - are you are fan on the Patriots or are you strictly a disciple of Bill Belichick?

Here are some stats, which may provide some context for a different point of view on this game:

The Patriots defense allowed 5 different drives of 10+ plays or more
    The Patriots defense allowed the Steelers to be on the field for 33:44 in the first 3 quarters
    The Patriots allowed 3 rd down conversions of 3/11, 3/15, and 3rd and 12 to sustain 3 seperate scoring drives

The Patriots offense did not turn the ball over
    Tom Brady's passer rating for the game was 101.8 

I'll be the first one to say that the Patriots did not look good on offense Sunday - but the defense was simply abysmal - I had very difficult time watching that unfold - they were truly terrible - the number of times Roethlisberger was throwing to WIDE OPEN receivers was mind boggling

Rusty - your sticking up for the D really smacks of nothing more than being a mindless shill for Bill Belichick -

Rusty - you've been harping on Tom Brady a lot this year - if he is accountable - and I think he certainly was for the Buffalo game, and he didn't have a great game against the Steelers  - then BB has to be accountable too

BB needs some help - he needs to recruit a legitimate offensive and defensive coordinator - he is trying to do too much himself - and like most people who try that in leadership - is spreading himself way too thin and the details are getting missed

Rusty - I am not an overreactionary who is calling for BB firing - but would it hurt you to admit he is not perfect and has made some mistakes this year - and in the last few when it comes to not getting legitimate coordinators?

Sections
Shortcuts