All those complaining about the D tell me what the offense did Sunday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: All those complaining about the D tell me what the offense did Sunday

The O didn't do much. I haven't seen anybody saying they played well. But the D didn't do much either. ST missed a critical FG. Plenty of blame to go around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

They played a defense better prepared to stop them, plain and simple.  Plus, made no adjustments to counter the Steelers man to man coverages.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The offense is plenty at fault. However, the way it's constructed, and who is at the helm (OB) have plenty to do with the outcome as much as Pitt playing very good defense. Our offense is actually not too difficult to shut down if you have CB's that can play good man, and get consistent pressure on Brady with 4 or 5. You take Welker out, and limit Gronk, while the Pats don't run, and it's a long day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

WHERE THE HELL IS RIDLEY???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Gotta remember Pitts defense did not have 3 of the 4 best players in Farrior, Harrison and Woodley(2nd half) yet we still couldn't move the ball. They threw a curve ball at us on defense and we didn't figure it our until the Monday morning film session at Gillette.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: All those complaining about the D tell me what the offense did Sunday:
    [QUOTE]In Response to All those complaining about the D tell me what the offense did Sunday : They won't be able to. Those are horrendous stats for a supposed all word offense off a Bye week. There's no denying it. If you showed me those stats prior to the game, I would have guessed it was the Skins offense not ours. Nice job, Evil.  Contexts, facts and realities bring irrationals down a bit in the court room. The whole reason why it was even close was because of Guyton's INT.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I don't think our offense is "all world". Very good, yes. But missing some parts.

We are all world when we play the middle of the pack and less. We tend to faulter (history proves since 07') when we went all in on offense, that we can't beat really good defenses when it matters most. Look at 07' to current day. We lost against the Giants, Ravens, Jets. All great defenses in those years, and our all world offense couldn't get it going.
    The problem is magnified because now we have a bigger talent gap between our offense and our defense. Our offense is clearly built to carry this team. They can't win big games against great defenses, and our defense is not good enough to stop any offenses near the top.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: All those complaining about the D tell me what the offense did Sunday:
    [QUOTE]The Pats offense is a timing, in sync offense.  If the Pats Defense allows the other team to go on 10 min drives everytime (which in real time is more like 25 mins), the offense will be out of sync form standing around pretty much the whole game.  The Pats had ONE possession the whole first quarter.  Also, when your D is soooo bad it allows scores almost every possession, it puts added pressure on the O to score pretty much everytime it has the ball.  That doesn't help either.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

So you're saying the offense can't execute unless the defense gives them the ball 10 times per game? That says more about the offense's lack than it does the defense.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]If the Pats D doesn't improve dramatically, the offense is going to have to put up 30 per game to keep these close.  They started 5-1 because of a high scoring offense. The D is going to continue to give up serious yardage in passing downs.  I'm not writing this to be pessimistic, but our secondary basically consists of Pat Chung.  That's it.  Unless something miraculous happens with this pass defense, they're in trouble.  Steelers had this team's number bigtime last Sunday and frankly, they deserved the win a lot more than the Pats.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

No, the Pats offense will have to score 23 ppg to "stay close" We don't give up 30 ppg, we are middle of the pack at 22.9. Actually if our defense only marginally improves it will give us a good chance to win each week as we have built this team around Brady and the offense. As long as we don't throw up anymore 3 pt first halves like the Jets playoff game or 14 pts in the SB, we have a good chance of winning.

I am not trying to defend this defense. It is not where I thought it would be, but it is also not as bad as the passing yardage allowed would indicate. I can't figure out what the plan was in the secondary and don't see how it can improve other then the defensive line becoming dominant(which it could) but I believe our defense is certainly good enough to give our offense a chance to win.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think the difference between the best teams and the worst team in the NFL is inches not miles. For 2 games against NY and DAL they were one of the best defenses in the NFL (yes I checked the numbers). Then they stunk again in PITT. What I'm saying is that the difference between being horrible and great is often a handful of plays per game. I'm worried about 2 things- making the playoffs, and playing better by January. If you look at past SB winners they all have losses and poorly played games, GB lost 6 games last year. The season has bumps and bruises but the games not over before halftime. Lots of football left and the team still has a good record.