All too early 53 man roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

All too early 53 man roster

Yes, training camp hasn't started yet and this is probably going to be pretty off, but it is a slow Monday at work so I put together a quick 53 man roster. There aren't enough football discussions on this forum at the moment. I was tempted to add M. Cole at CB and/or Jenkins at WR.

Here goes:

QB:Brady, Mallett, Tebow

RB: Ridley, Vereen, Blount, Washington

WR: Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Edelman, Slater

TE: Gronk, Hern, Hoomanwhatever, Ballard (Fells is added if Gronk is PUP)

OT: Solder, Vollmer, Svitek, Zusevics

C/OG: Mankins, Connolly, Wendell, Cannon, N. McDonald

DT: Wilfork, Armstead, Forston, Kelly

DE: Nink, Jones, Francis, Bequette, Buchanon

LB: Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, Collins, Fletcher, Koutouvides

CB: Talib, Dennard, Dowling, Arrington, Ryan

Safety: McCourty, A. Wilson, T. Wilson, Harmon, Ebner

P: Mesko

K: Ghost

LS: Aiken

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: All too early 53 man roster

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Yes, training camp hasn't started yet and this is probably going to be pretty off, but it is a slow Monday at work so I put together a quick 53 man roster. There aren't enough football discussions on this forum at the moment. I was tempted to add M. Cole at CB and/or Jenkins at WR.

Here goes:

RB: Ridley, Vereen, Blount, Washington (bolden traded for 7th)

WR: Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Edelman, Slater, (harrison on PUP), (MOE IR)

TE: Gronk (PUP), Hern, Hoomanwhatever, Ballard, Sudfeld

LS: Aiken

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not bad. I think we only have a couple of differences. I marked the ones you had and I don't agree on in Red and my additions in Blue

Here goes:

WR: Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Edelman, Slater, Jenkins

TE: Gronk, Hern, Hoom (FB/TE), Ballard (Fells is added if Gronk is PUP), Sudfeld

I'm thinking that with this WR core being largely an unknown and with injures to the TE's they carry 5 TE's this year with the option to move Hern to WR and use Hoom as a FB. For the WR's, with the rooks already on the roster I'm not sure they carry 3 rooks out of 5 functional WR's. I think they'd rather have either Jenkins or Jones with Jenkins having the advantage after OTAs. Tebow is really going to have to impressive and show position flexibility to make the roster imo (something he's been very reluctant to do). If he can be a swiss army knive on O then he might get the nod over Kout's but that's going to have to take a lot of convincing.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Here goes:

WR: Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins, Edelman, Slater

TE: Gronk, Hern, Hoomanwhatever, Ballard (Fells is added if Gronk is PUP)

Good post.  Yeah, it's obviously too early to really get serious about projecting a roster, as a lot will change between now and week 1, but there's no harm in having a little fun with it.  Here's mine...

QB:  Brady, Mallett  (2)

Sorry folks, no room for everyone's favorite 3rd string QB who can't throw.

RB:  Ridley, Vereen, Washington, Bolden  (4)

Blount a tough cut.

WR:  Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Edelman, Jenkins, Slater,   (6)

Like it or not, Jenkins is getting a lot of reps through camp.  Hawkins probably the toughest cut here.  Look for Harrison to PUP or IR.  Jones on speed-dial.  If they don't think they can get Thompkins through to the P.S. then they may have to add him and make a cut elsewhere.  Sounds like the kid has looked pretty promising to this point...

TE:  Hernandez, Hooman, Sudfeld, Ballard  *Gronk PUP  (4) 

Hooman or Ballard likely go bye-bye after week 6.  I think Sudfeld may be here to stay.

OL: Solder, Vollmer, Mankins, Wendell, Cannon, Connelly, Zusevics, Haslam, Svitek (9)

Pretty much just a guess here.  McDonnald, or an UDFA could be in play...

DT:  Wilfork, Kelly, Armstead, Fortson (4)

Don't sleep on Grisson or Vellano to bump Fortson, but for now I'll go with the year of experience.

DE:  Jones, Nink, Francis, Buchanan, Cunningham, Bequette  (6)

Cunningham on thin ice, but I think his ability to rush from the DT spot copuld keep him around.  Sounds like Bequette has looked good so far...

LB:  Mayo, Hightower, Spikes, Collins, Beauharnais (5)

I'll take Beauharnais over Fletcher for now, but just a hunch.

CB:  Talib, Dowling, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan (5)

Cole a though cut, but with Dowlings emergence and hopefully continued health he is the odd-man out.

S:  McCourty, A. Wilson, T. Wilson, Harmon, Ebner (5)

Ebenr's ST ability and upside keep him around over the mediocre vet Gregory.

ST:  Ghost, Mesko, Aiken (3)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Not bad. I think we only have a couple of differences. I marked the ones you had and I don't agree on in Red and my additions in Blue

Here goes:

TE: Gronk, Hern, Hoom (FB/TE), Ballard (Fells is added if Gronk is PUP), Sudfeld

I'm thinking that with this WR core being largely an unknown and with injures to the TE's they carry 5 TE's this year with the option to move Hern to WR and use Hoom as a FB. For the WR's, with the rooks already on the roster I'm not sure they carry 3 rooks out of 5 functional WR's. I think they'd rather have either Jenkins or Jones with Jenkins having the advantage after OTAs. Tebow is really going to have to impressive and show position flexibility to make the roster imo (something he's been very reluctant to do). If he can be a swiss army knive on O then he might get the nod over Kout's but that's going to have to take a lot of convincing.

I like this pretty well.  Mine just has a few minor differences (See Previous post).  No Long Snapper?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Here goes:

I like this pretty well.  Mine just has a few minor differences (See Previous post).  No Long Snapper?

Yes, we will have a long snapper . . . we'll sneak him on the team as a 54th guy . . . let them start calling us cheaters!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Here goes:

opps, cut Kouts add Aiken

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Haha I can't believe I forgot about the long snapper! I'll cut koutouvides and add Aiken as well.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Everyone has a pretty good initail roster. I Basically agree with a few tweaks. I think Gronk starts on PUP and Sudfeld makes the team. I am also sure the Pats will carry 5 rb's and Blount makes the team. If your looking for a place to cut, look at WR. Dont forget the Pats broke camp and went in to teh first game with only 4 WR's on the roster.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I see Jenkins and Sudfield making the team (might as well add a long snapper as well, WTH).  Otherwise maybe Blount maybe Bolden IDK or maybe a RB TBNL. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I'm not jumping on the Sudfeld bandwagon until pads are put on, but I do like what I hear. I think if he carries what he is doing  into training camp he takes over Fells' spot.

I think they will carry more WRs this year than last year. With all the inexperience and injury risk at the position it only makes sense to me.

I think Bolden's PED issues along with some of the other issues  he has had will result in him being cut or traded. Blount was brought in to take his spot imo.

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'm not jumping on the Sudfeld bandwagon until pads are put on, but I do like what I hear. I think if he carries what he is doing  into training camp he takes over Fells' spot.

I think they will carry more WRs this year than last year. With all the inexperience and injury risk at the position it only makes sense to me.

I think Bolden's PED issues along with some of the other issues  he has had will result in him being cut or traded. Blount was brought in to take his spot imo.

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

You're right.  We shouldn't get overly excited about anyone until we see them in pads, but based on the mini camps there is definitely reason for optimism for a few young players like Sudfeld and Thompkins.  Training camp will certainly be interesting.  I also agree that we will carry more WRs than we did at the start of last season.  We have too much youth and uncertainty not to.  Blount/Bolden is a coin-flip to me,

Sections
Shortcuts