Allen beats out Mesko

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Allen beats out Mesko

Cost must have been a factor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Allen beats out Mesko

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Wow! Mesko is a heck of a punter...not a big CAP number yet? It Gotkoski that has the big CAP number this year yes?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I just  came from the  ESPN Boston site and didn't see it.

Where did you see this?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I thought he was pretty good in pre-season. I thought it was a close race regardless of cost.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yep, it always is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Pats have the cap space , no ?  It is about the money savings which sometimes baffles me. From what I saw in preseason Allen's leg is not as strong as Mesko's. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe the Pats are in cap hell, having to cut their punter.  Sort of like Green Bay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Didn't we use a 4th round pick on him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Didn't use a 4th round pick on him?

Fifth I think.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

3 more Patriots cuts: P Zoltan Mesko, DT Marcus Forston, RB George Winn, source confirms. Team down to 60 players.  (Field Yates Twitter)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Didn't use a 4th round pick on him?

Fifth I think.

[/QUOTE]

Yes 5th.  thanks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

@jeffphowe Patriots save $921,500 against the cap by keeping Ryan Allen over Zoltan Mesko, and they don't have to worry about Mesko's contract year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

The difference is that they have Allen at low cost tied up for 4 years and Mesko while relatively cheap this year was not going to be cheap in the following three years. They must have felt some other team would snap up Allen if he was cut. This goes back to a similar situation in the last year of Vinateri's time here

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I thought he was pretty good in pre-season. I thought it was a close race regardless of cost.

I thought the same. Seems like Allen has a better knack for hitting the ball out of bounds inside the 20 than Mesko. But that was just a small sampling of what was televised. It would be interesting to hear or see just why they really chose one over the other.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I don't think so.  Why would Ghost (higher salary) still be here and face no competition?

Allen seems better at the newer style of holding/punting the ball that allows you to get the backspin near the goal line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

3 more Patriots cuts: P Zoltan Mesko, DT Marcus Forston, RB George Winn, source confirms. Team down to 60 players.  (Field Yates Twitter)

I'd like to see Winn  back...he has potential

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

@jeffphowe Patriots save $921,500 against the cap by keeping Ryan Allen over Zoltan Mesko, and they don't have to worry about Mesko's contract year.

And there it is

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think so.  Why would Ghost (higher salary) still be here and face no competition?

Allen seems better at the newer style of holding/punting the ball that allows you to get the backspin near the goal line.

[/QUOTE]

Contract...maybe they are trying to clear up enough to extend a contract or two...who's up after this year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Someone will pickup Winn.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because Ghost is one of the best kickers in the league. Kickers > Punters

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Someone will pickup Winn.    

Giants

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Oh and seems like Sims is cut also

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Now Mesko will get paid this year instead of next.  It's all good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I mentioned that I heard on the radio that Mesko might be challenged by Ryan and was taken to the shed for it by Belichick's Guardian Angel.

Now, we have to see how this spins.  I honestly can't wait.

He can't admit that Mesko was outplayed because he spent that thread talking about the money.

He can't talk about the money because just created a thread making fun of Green Bay for restructuring the kicker to save cap space.

He can't say that Mesko wasn't good enough because he was drafted by Belichick.

So, what will it be?  I can guarantee you one this:  It won't be "Hey NAS, sorry for being such a loser when you posted some about this three weeks ago."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I mentioned that I heard on the radio that Mesko might be challenged by Ryan and was taken to the shed for it by Belichick's Guardian Angel.

Now, we have to see how this spins.  I honestly can't wait.

He can't admit that Mesko was outplayed because he spent that thread talking about the money.

He can't talk about the money because just created a thread making fun of Green Bay for restructuring the kicker to save cap space.

He can't say that Mesko wasn't good enough because he was drafted by Belichick.

So, what will it be?  I can guarantee you one this:  It won't be "Hey NAS, sorry for being such a loser when you posted some about this three weeks ago."

Shut up about Rusty...you have no life.....you ARE obsessed with him...what do you do, kick the dog when he insults you...lol...RUSTY, RUSTY, RUSTY...the dude is a pain in the keister but you are sick man!!!

Sections
Shortcuts