Alpha Go!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

Alpha Go!!!!

Did anyone else notice before every snap Brady would say "Alpha Go!" then they would snap the ball.  I feel that lets the d line know every time that they were snapping the ball.  I was surprised they didn't use different cadences to get them to jump.  Any opinions as to why?

Also, do you guys think the Super Bowl will be an away game atmosphere?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Alpha Go!!!!

Sometimes he says Alpha once sometimes 3 times sometimes he mixes in a beta and zeta.

I all depends on the formation and if Brady is trying to draw the D off-sides like he did when the Ravens thought they had his calling figured out.

The best way to confuse a D is to make them think they figured out what you're going to do next

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I'll go you one further - when I was watching the Giants 49ers game, I heard Eli saying "Omaha!" before snapping the ball. Brady used this word to snap the ball last year for sure, maybe also during this year. 

At first I assumed that they both used the phonetic alphabet (like the military), but the O is Oscar in that alphabet. Odd coincedence?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

Alpha and Omaha are used to indicate the play clock is almost out.  Brady still uses Omaha often.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Away game atmosphere? Considering every human being in Indianapolis hates the Patriots, I'd say yes. I predict a 60/40-65/35 or so split in favor of NY. Bring it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Alpha Go!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I'll go you one further - when I was watching the Giants 49ers game, I heard Eli saying "Omaha!" before snapping the ball. Brady used this word to snap the ball last year for sure, maybe also during this year.  At first I assumed that they both used the phonetic alphabet (like the military), but the O is Oscar in that alphabet. Odd coincedence?
    Posted by BelichickDisciple[/QUOTE]

Both NE and NY run some form of the west coast offense right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]Away game atmosphere? Considering every human being in Indianapolis hates the Patriots, I'd say yes. I predict a 60/40-65/35 or so split in favor of NY. Bring it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I doubt you'll see many Indy residents in the stadium.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Sometimes he uses ORANGE too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade1patfan. Show Wade1patfan's posts

I was thinking maybe he does it because you can't give the snap count to the team in a no huddle offense.

I don't think too many Indi fans will be at the game just because it is at Indi.  I guess it will depend on which fans travel better.  But it seems that there is a lot of Patriot haters and there is going to be even more after our 4th championship!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He also ordered the code red.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

What they shud do is use alpha go all the time and then when it s 4th and less than 5; go ahead line up and say alfa go to make the d line jump and boom first down!! BB is way too smart

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]Away game atmosphere? Considering every human being in Indianapolis hates the Patriots, I'd say yes. I predict a 60/40-65/35 or so split in favor of NY. Bring it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Luckily there will be many psuedo fans who jut want a SB experience, see the half time show, be able to tell their friendsthey went to a Super Bowl etc...so the noise factor won't be as bad or coordinated as a true away game.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts