Altar of the New England PATRIOTS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Altar of the New England PATRIOTS

Not EVERYONE kneels before it!!  Come on, folks, get over it.  The Pats are not the favorite team of everyone, nor will be spoken of favorably, in all corners of football land. Even on this forum we have fan v fan when it comes to the Patriots and even here it is not all a love fest!

There is discussion started here about ANOTHER segment on NFL Network which appears to have not been favorable to the Patriots.  SO WHAT!  Will it impact the way the team plays, or how the other team plays, IMHO, not one iota!  But, we certainly do have a lot of fan pride being hurt here. Do you all remember how the lead up went for the Broncos-Ravens game?  It was all Peyton this and Peyton that, Broncos this and Broncos that and how do you think the Ravens' fans felt?  Yep, just like many of you are now.

Yes, I will grant that it appears this "Ravens Love" has more to do with Ray Lewis retiring as I heard a few folks say they picked the Ravens for emotional reasons and not football ones.  That happens.  On NFL Network, where did you expect Billick to land?  He is all Ravens and it would have been most unusual for him to go all Patriots.  For as many reason he cited the Ravens could win, there are just as many, maybe more, why the Patriots could (and will) win.  So, accept the fact not everyone will speak glowingly about our favorite team.  I am certain folks disagree with you as well!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Re: Altar of the New England PATRIOTS

If memory serves, we were at least two-TD underdogs against the Rams - how'd that work out?  We were favored against the Jints, were undefeated to that point, and had beaten them in the regular season - how'd that work out?  My point is, you never know.  And the talking heads are paid pretty good salaries to "talk."  Most love the sounds of their own voices.  If they pick the Pats by 3 - nothing world-rocking there - we're playing at home - we should win.  If they pick the Ravens and the Ravens lose - the next day, no one will even remember that some of the "intelligensia" picked the Ravens.  If the Ravens do win, the "intelligensia" who picked them will have their stock raised due to their "insightful" pick.  At the end of the day, it's all just wind - I don't think whoever picks who to win plays in the minds of the most important folks in this thing - the coaches and the players.  All this said, 31-19 PATS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

I know what you mean, agcs. I live in patriot haterville (that's St Louis for allyou out there!) and every week I get 'I hope whoever you're playing kicks your @**' Let 'em hate . Everyone hates a winner. If the pPats make it to the SB, Brady wil stand ALONE for 6 appearences, above every other QB in NFL history. It's great to be a fan of this team , and the rest of the love fests will fade, but we won't see this type of reality again maybe in our life times! KEEP IT GOING PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KMc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Everybody doesn't hate a winner NE Sportnut. Some people hate cheaters.I'm sure you get an ear full about Spygate in St. louis!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Everybody doesn't hate a winner NE Sportnut. Some people hate cheaters.I'm sure you get an ear full about Spygate in St. louis!

Then why does Dallas have it's enormous legion of haters? They were winners. We know that both Jimmy Johnson, and Brian Billick both lied on camera when they said they did the exact same thing, "everyone did it" during interveiws. I'm sure whatever team you support NEVER did anything questionable, and I for one really believe you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Troll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to xBruzer77's comment:

Troll.

Exacly. The true sign. If you can't come up with a legitimate arguement, dorp that one out there. JRABBB's team didn't make the playoffs this year!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Man are you insecure. Your team must really suck.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

The Cowboys were never found guilty of cheating like the pats were. I never hated the Cowboys. I thought they won the Championships fair and square.

Do you hear much about Spygate in St Louis? I hate to ask things twice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

The Cowboys were never found guilty of cheating like the pats were. I never hated the Cowboys. I thought they won the Championships fair and square.

Yup, all the insecure haters like you always bring it up , we laugh and move to the next subject, even most of the haters know it was bogus. So, your a cowboys fan,huh? Ican understand your disdain. Sorry, that must stink.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Hey Troll, read this and educate yourself. Thanks to whomever posted it earlier in the week.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

No I'm not a Cowboys but I respect what they did. They won 3 Championships in the 90's. All fair and square. No ugly and disgusting allegations of cheating like the pats went through.Allegations that turned out to be true BTW.

There is something to the Curse of Spygate gang-A catch off an opponenets head and a horrible pass from Brady to Welker as time runs out.

It's come back to bite the pats and their fans right square in the pants twice so far in the last 10 years. I'm hoping to see it strike again this year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

No I'm not a Cowboys but I respect what they did. They won 3 Championships in the 90's. All fair and square. No ugly and disgusting allegations of cheating like the pats went through.Allegations that turned out to be true BTW.

There is something to the Curse of Spygate gang-A catch off an opponenets head and a horrible pass from Brady to Welker as time runs out.

It's come back to bite the pats and their fans right square in the pants twice so far in the last 10 years. I'm hoping to see it strike again this year

Leon! yet another screen name? How many times do you have to get banned before you get the hint/ No one else says 'the Curse of Spygate' in thier posts, so nice try. Happy banning troll! And I thought I was talking to someone worth talking to . That is all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey Sportsnut-How are ya!?

Yeah I said something about BB being on fire and how I would n't    on him if he was on fire and got banned. I get so worked about Spygate that I lose my cool sometimes and deserved to get banned for that.

Now I'm just the calmer gentler leon. Plays by the rules,never personally attacks anyone ,never use foul languageand never calls anybody names. I find it both infantile and cowatdly at the same time.

Why would I get banned for discussing Spygate??!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

If At the end of the day, it's all just wind . . .

The world wide net would be a much better place if more people understood (and were willing to say) this^.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Brady and BB are on a mission this year. I wouldn't want to be the one standing in their way, even if I was an over the hill Ray Lewis.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey babe- Glad your here-Saw an article about your boyfriend yesterday and wanted your insight.

Of the 31 teams Brady faced in his career there is not a team he has performed worse against then the Ravens who have held him to a lower completion percentage (58.6) and a passer rating 974.1) then any other team.

The ravens are the only team against which Brady has thrown more interceptions 9 then touchdowns 8 .

So do u blame it on Brady or the defense?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Stats are stats ther Jr- I'm just plagerizing the NY Post from yesterday. My post was adddressed to babe but thanks for chiming in.

Now if we can only gets Babes take on these stats.9 int's and 8 TD's...Pee U!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Brady and BB are on a mission this year. I wouldn't want to be the one standing in their way, even if I was an over the hill Ray Lewis.

This would be a good argument . . .   if we didn't already know that it means nothing.

I don't have to remind anyone of what an undefeated "Brady and BB" accomplished (or did not accomplish) once, long ago  . . .    in a faraway land.

This is not to denegrate individual posters or any particular mindset, but this nonsense that anyone is "on a mission"  is just . . .

stupid

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Here here !!P mike - here here- brilliant!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Nice stat- Statman-Now 9 Int's and 8 TD's...not such a nice stat ...Staman

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

And here's another little stat in those AFCCG's-Yes Brady is 5 and 1 but also threw 6 Td's against 7 Int's.

Brady's numbers really blow in the playoffs huh?

Sections
Shortcuts