alternate universe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

alternate universe

imagine if belichick re-invested in his defense after the 06 champioship game meltdown instead of bringing in the high flying offensive circus of welker and moss.  he built a dynasty on the bedrock of a nasty flexible defense that wore down teams util they broke in big games with a crafty clutch offense as a complement.  remember it was the aging defense that broke down in 06.  that identity shift has resulted in the patriots  being the team that breaks down in the biggest games for the past 10 years.  although in the last few years ita obvious that bb is trying to get back to his roots.  but I cant help wondering about all those wasted years 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Re: alternate universe

In response to DrDribbleDits' comment:
    [QUOTE]

imagine if belichick re-invested in his defense after the 06 champioship game meltdown instead of bringing in the high flying offensive circus of welker and moss.  he built a dynasty on the bedrock of a nasty flexible defense that wore down teams util they broke in big games with a crafty clutch offense as a complement.  remember it was the aging defense that broke down in 06.  that identity shift has resulted in the patriots  being the team that breaks down in the biggest games for the past 10 years.  although in the last few years ita obvious that bb is trying to get back to his roots.  but I cant help wondering about all those wasted years 

[/QUOTE]

Everything in life and the NFL is about adaption. Adaption to league rule changes, adaption to new offenses and defenses of opponents, adaption to losses among personnel on one's own team, adaption to unknown things that will happen... It is always easier to go back in time and say "we should of done.....". But, we all know it is not possible.

We are fortunate to have survived as well as we have, fortunate to have had a winning team for 13 straight seasons, fortunate to have good ownership, coach and QB, fortunate to be in the hunt every year, fortunate to have won 3 SB's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

whatever.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

I didnt realize i struck a nerve with Ghandi over here

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We are fortunate to have survived as well as we have, fortunate to have had a winning team for 13 straight seasons, fortunate to have good ownership, coach and QB, fortunate to be in the hunt every year, fortunate to have won 3 SB's.

[/QUOTE]

Dribbletits is less fortunate, he's a Jest's fan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Derpy derp derp

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

You get an F for trolling and an A for transparency.  Try harder with your next handle buddy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Imagine an alternate universe where BB stayed with the Jets, and THEY won 11 of the last 13 division titles, 5 AFC title games, and three superbowls. I laugh hysterically every time I think about it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You get an F for trolling and an A for transparency.  Try harder with your next handle buddy

[/QUOTE]

Give him a break, he's doing the best he can, after all, he's a pitiful Jets fan...pray for him!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

yea bb miscalculated that the league rule changes would mean  a high flyinf offense would be suitable to win a lombardi.  like many other teams in history (hello colts) he fell into the alluring trap of building his team around the allstar qb.  it results in teams who are dominant in the regular season setting all kinds of offensive records, but who tend to snap under the pressure of playoff games against tight defenses.  brady is good enuf to raise the production of his skill players.  the focus needs to be placed back on defense and stop requiring brady to varry all the pressure.  this is excactly what bb is doing now.  I just wish he wiuld have never strayed from that formula.  but I do respext him for attempting to evolve.  but the fact is that this identity shift resulted in zero rings in the past 10 years .  and it turned us into the team that breaks in the final moments of big games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

try not to be so insecure folks.  its embarrasing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to DrDribbleDits' comment:

yea bb miscalculated that the league rule changes would mean  a high flyinf offense would be suitable to win a lombardi.  like many other teams in history (hello colts) he fell into the alluring trap of building his team around the allstar qb.  it results in teams who are dominant in the regular season setting all kinds of offensive records, but who tend to snap under the pressure of playoff games against tight defenses.  ...

Yeah, it's too bad that he didn't see that QB play was overrated and guys like Roethlisberger (twice), Brees, Rodgers and Eli Manning (also twice) would never be able to win a big game. 

The 2007 team won 18 straight and lost the 19th on a fluke play for the ages, yeah they were a real failure. Why can't BB find a guy like Dribbledick to show him how to win again?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

a fluke play? whatabout the 4th a d 1 at mid field on that play we couldnt stop?  or howabout the greatest offense in history got held to 14 points.  or howabout the sacks brady took includi g a stripsack turnover.  or that by the end of the game harrison bruischi vrable seau colvin etc were so gassed they couldnt stop the great eli manning from putting together a 70 uyard game winning drive.  or howabout the fact that in superbowl 46 the patriots defense produced ZERO 3 and outs.  as well as giving up yet anither game winni g drive to the great eli manning.  

the patriots changed their team philosophy after 06.  compared to the previous philosophy it was a falure. producing no titles and consistently choking in big games.  thats a fact.  Iit has nothing to do with being gratefull  for previous titles.  Iits just an observation of reality.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The reality is every team loses in the playoffs. The Patriots were 9-0 in the playoffs from 2001-04. They were a dynasty. That was the exception, not the norm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

it is understood, digger, that teams lose in the playoffs.  what were diacussing here is a philosphic change in team identity after the 06  playoff colapse against the colts specifically comparing the results of that change to the results of the previous superbowl winning years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The difference is talent not philosophy. Very few teams in history could compare to the 2003-04 Patriots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

talent is an extension of philosophy.   this years twam I believe has the right balance of talent to win crunch time games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The difference is talent not philosophy. Very few teams in history could compare to the 2003-04 Patriots.

[/QUOTE]

oh boy. (eye roll)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"but I cant help wondering about all those wasted years "

That's a you problem. Spilt milk seems to really throw you off your game. That's not a recipe for success in life - nor for interesting posts in a sports forum.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrDribbleDits. Show DrDribbleDits's posts

spilt milk? dude has an insurance comercial clown for a moniker and tries to talk to me about spilt milk.  ROFLMAO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Since their last Super Bowl victory the team has gotten to two more Super Bowls and a couple more Championship games.  Looks pretty productive to me.  The two Super Bowl losses were games that could have just as easily been won, if a couple of critical plays went another way.  Do I wish that they could have turned out differently?  Sure.  On the other hand, I'll remain satisfied that the three Super Bowl wins occurred, as they could have just as easily been losses, if not for a few critical plays that did go their way.

The wonderful thing is...barring something catastrophic...BB will have this team knocking on the Super Bowl door again, this year.  We will just have to wait and see what their chances are looking like, come January, as their potential success will be strongly influenced by injuries that the team is dealing with, at that time.  I don't worry too much about his strategy, I just enjoy the ride in this universe!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

What is the deal with "Flo"?

Sections
Shortcuts