In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I disagree about V.Jackson. He did HIS job, its not his fault the team has issues but he only plays WR. He put up 71 catches for 1,384 yards and 8 TDs!  and thats with a regressed Josh Freeman throwing to him. Now I personally didnt want V.Jack here but you cant argue his impact this year.

[/QUOTE]

You answered your own question in the above statement why a WR isn't worth trading the farm for. If available for a reasonable amount it's worth it, but he only plays WR so why pay so much for a guy who is less important in this system than a D captain or even a TE?

[/QUOTE]

not to be so simplistic but what we have hasnt been enough. 2 SB losses sais so. If we are talking about the Bucs thats one thing but the Pats are literally one play away from a Title now in 2 games. maybe you like that, But I dont . Lets be real here. The show is almost over and brady and BB will ride off in the sunset and you think I care what state the team is in at that time in terms of cap??!!! Its gonna be top ten pick time anway. This is why Im suggesting the big move, not because I like offense or enjoy the passing game. I WANT A LOMBARDI!  lol

Like I said, its not like Mayo has made any plays in the postseason for us..He will only be missed in the postseason. IN regular season our offense wins 80% of the games.

[/QUOTE]

Yes we were one play but who's to say if you take Mayo away that one play doesn't happen on the D side of the field for the other team? Having Moss left us 1 play short so why would Fitz make that difference? If 07' Moss and Fitz aren't good comparisons I don't know what is but we were still 1 play short.

BTW you haven't been watching games if you haven't seen Mayo in the post season. He makes tons of plays most you never notice because he forces the ball to other areas of the field. Without Mayo we could have been easily blown out before even getting to the SB on a number of occassions

[/QUOTE]

Im sorry I understand cerebral play but if everyone is gonna praise him for being a leader and captain and commanding a high pay check how does he lead a defense responsible for not getting ONE 3 and OUT ALL GAME when it counted most???  He disappears in the playoffs and the numbers say so.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Alternatives to Signing Welker longterm

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I disagree about V.Jackson. He did HIS job, its not his fault the team has issues but he only plays WR. He put up 71 catches for 1,384 yards and 8 TDs!  and thats with a regressed Josh Freeman throwing to him. Now I personally didnt want V.Jack here but you cant argue his impact this year.

[/QUOTE]

You answered your own question in the above statement why a WR isn't worth trading the farm for. If available for a reasonable amount it's worth it, but he only plays WR so why pay so much for a guy who is less important in this system than a D captain or even a TE?

[/QUOTE]

not to be so simplistic but what we have hasnt been enough. 2 SB losses sais so. If we are talking about the Bucs thats one thing but the Pats are literally one play away from a Title now in 2 games. maybe you like that, But I dont . Lets be real here. The show is almost over and brady and BB will ride off in the sunset and you think I care what state the team is in at that time in terms of cap??!!! Its gonna be top ten pick time anway. This is why Im suggesting the big move, not because I like offense or enjoy the passing game. I WANT A LOMBARDI!  lol

Like I said, its not like Mayo has made any plays in the postseason for us..He will only be missed in the postseason. IN regular season our offense wins 80% of the games.

[/QUOTE]

Yes we were one play but who's to say if you take Mayo away that one play doesn't happen on the D side of the field for the other team? Having Moss left us 1 play short so why would Fitz make that difference? If 07' Moss and Fitz aren't good comparisons I don't know what is but we were still 1 play short.

BTW you haven't been watching games if you haven't seen Mayo in the post season. He makes tons of plays most you never notice because he forces the ball to other areas of the field. Without Mayo we could have been easily blown out before even getting to the SB on a number of occassions

[/QUOTE]

Patseng, Moss was never on Larrys level. 2 diff. Players. We saw how easily Moss was taken out of games with 2 players and u cant do that with Larry. MOss was a true deep threat where as Larry will take it over the middle and split the safeteis.  We could take out Mayo cuz he made no plays in the last SB...I think we just need to disagree because each of your points can be met with a rebuttal that makes sense. Just say you dont like the idea and that would be better.

Have a good w/e all. Enjoy the Games! Nice chatting it up!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Realistically I just think if Hern and Gronk stay healthy we would be ok in the slot - it's the outside we need to woory about. So the question becomes, can they find a guy for the outside at a reasonable price? Because then we'd have two big targets over the middle, a decent outside guy (Lloyd)...all we need is a Calvin Jonhson type. Lol! Yup, we'd be just fine then. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Realistically I just think if Hern and Gronk stay healthy we would be ok in the slot - it's the outside we need to woory about. So the question becomes, can they find a guy for the outside at a reasonable price? Because then we'd have two big targets over the middle, a decent outside guy (Lloyd)...all we need is a Calvin Jonhson type. Lol! Yup, we'd be just fine then. 

[/QUOTE]

this is what Im saying in a nutshell. Dont really know how to get it done but I believe its important. No need for Wes going forward and as many 1st downs he get, he doesnt offer those explosive plays and that makes us have to go on long scoring drives where anything can happen. We had 10 catches in SB 42 but i cant remember any of them on none were over 20 yards that I can remember and 14 pts sais we had trouble sustaining drives while Eli sucked the air out of our defense...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree . . . Hern and Gronk stay healthy . . . Demps/Julian can move into the slot if Wes can not be signed to a two year 20 million dollar deal, then we draft/trade/or sign a free-agent BIG outside receiver.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eli?  2 FGs in the second half? Eli FADED in the second hafl, but Brady threw an INT and they couldn't ice it!

Eli did well to not turn it over.  I wish I could say the same about our own QB!

[/QUOTE]

Two field goals and that touchdown you consistently ignore.   

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team scored 557 points this season. More points than any team by 70 points.

This defense allowed 331. 86 points more than the leading defense.

The defense has more room for improvement and I think the team gets more return on its investment acquiring defensive help than getting another skill player.

Other than QB, the only other position I would give up a lot of draft picks or give a big contract to is an offensive lineman. 

[/QUOTE]

Offensive era.

[/QUOTE]

What the heck are you talking about. The highest scoring team is the highest scoring team it does not matter what era you are in. If this was the 1970's and the Pats led the league in scoring by 40 points instead of 70 they would still be considered the best offense in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of truth here but the Pats led the league in scoring with Gronk and Hernandez barely on the field at the same time and Welker was the main reason for it after Brady. I felt Belichick, Brady and McDaniels did a great job with the offense considering the amount of curveballs they faced. If Welker won't sign a reasonable price they should be able to find a "Gaffney" type for a reasonable price. Use the money, if it is avilable on Talib and more defensive help.