Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnyeates. Show johnyeates's posts

Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us!

Enuf said!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us!

In Response to Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us!:
    [QUOTE]Enuf said!
    Posted by johnyeates[/QUOTE]

No, he didn't help us last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us!

In Response to Re: Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us! : No, he didn't help us last year.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Although I'm not entirely sure I agree with the OP ... Moss in 2010 =/= Moss from 2007-8-9. 

He was washed last season.

A deep threat, as I said after last season's playoff loss, would work wonders for this offense against a team like NJ. 

Right now, they are just bunched up around the LOS. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us! : Although I'm not entirely sure I agree with the OP ... Moss in 2010 =/= Moss from 2007-8-9.  He was washed last season. A deep threat, as I said after last season's playoff loss, would work wonders for this offense against a team like NJ.  Right now, they are just bunched up around the LOS. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

You actually need time to throw it deep.  If he holds the ball longer then 2 secs he is getting creamed right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnyeates. Show johnyeates's posts

Moss was washed with the Pats in 2010?

Yes,

Moss missed that catch at the end of the 2nd quarter vs Miami on MNF..not charactersitic of Moss to say the least!

Moss was not washed up in 2010... that is a myth!

is there any reciever currently in the NFL that could have made the TD catches that me made in the endzone the same year agaist the Jets at Medowlands and the Bills at Gillette.. He-- Fu------ no!

We need Moss,

even if he is in there for 10-20 plays per game! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Moss was washed with the Pats in 2010?

In Response to Moss was washed with the Pats in 2010?:
    [QUOTE]Yes, Moss missed that catch at the end of the 2nd quarter vs Miami on MNF..not charactersitic of Moss to say the least! Moss was not washed up in 2010... that is a myth! is there any reciever currently in the NFL that could have made the TD catches that me made in the endzone the same year agaist the Jets at Medowlands and the Bills at Gillette.. He-- Fu------ no! We need Moss, even if he is in there for 10-20 plays per game! 

Moss was dropping more than 50% of the passes thrown his way last year. Don't need him. Hern has taken his place today and is doing an admiral job of it. Looks just like Moss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Moss, are you kidding me? We're into our 2nd season without him. Please wake up and read the current roster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Give it up will you. Moss did nothing for the Pats last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ummmmmm.......Okay

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]Ummmmmm.......Okay
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    No kidding, Rocky...........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us! : You actually need time to throw it deep.  If he holds the ball longer then 2 secs he is getting creamed right now.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

That is TRUE! But .... a legit deep threat can take defenders with him, including safeties, and clear those underneath routes for the other guys. 

Ocho, BTW, earned his paycheck today. He had that one HUGE catch. You know ... the one that Tate dropped in the playoffs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

New name---johnyeatesmagicmushrooms

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

the Jets are simply a team you have to have TB under center even in situations like 3 and 4, unless you do that wildcat thing.

The Jets do that flat D , everyone on the line of scrimmage (except safteys) when the PAts have to pass the ball. They count on TB having only a second or two to get rid of the ball and try to maintain the tight coverage for that long. Sometimes the PAts handled it sometimes not. I think there are real vulnerabilities in that D, such as allowing a big run.

As far as Moss goes...he was a tall target but gronk is a better killer in this situation because he can block and release. If the PAts hold off the pressure for a few seconds Moss was ok to have but that does not happen every time with that much pressure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

In Response to Re: Moss was washed with the Pats in 2010?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Moss was washed with the Pats in 2010? : Moss was dropping more than 50% of the passes thrown his way last year. Don't need him. Hern has taken his place today and is doing an admiral job of it. Looks just like Moss.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

50% huh.....where did you get your information?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: Moss was washed with the Pats in 2010?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Moss was washed with the Pats in 2010? : 50% huh.....where did you get your information?
    Posted by 4Adam13[/QUOTE]

I watched every game he played for the Pats and read the stats of his games for the Vikes and Titans. Do you really think if he caught the balls thrown to him, the Pats would have gotten rid of him, or the Vikes would have gotten rid of him?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnyeates. Show johnyeates's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us! : That is TRUE! But .... a legit deep threat can take defenders with him, including safeties, and clear those underneath routes for the other guys.  Ocho, BTW, earned his paycheck today. He had that one HUGE catch. You know ... the one that Tate dropped in the playoffs. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

yes! that was a beautiful grab by Ocho

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I think the Jets are really the only team that matches up well against our offense. Revis is about the only corner that can cover Welker. There's no other team out there with the personnel to take away Wes.

If you don't take away Wes, then Brady is going to find his favorite target and burn you. Other teams can only cover Wes occasionally, and on those occasions, there's plenty of good options for Brady in Branch, Hernandez, Gronk, and Ocho.

I really think the only way the other defense can stop Brady is to shutdown Wes Welker. If that proved impossible for Darrelle Revis, I don't know any defense is going to have success against our offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In the game at the Meadowlands, Moss made a great catch in the endzone in the first half, but he totally blew his chances in the second half.  That Cromartie interception was just a terrible play by Moss (who couldn't beat Cromartie to the ball in one-on-one coverage).  

The Jets were single covering Moss most of that game . . . and almost asking Brady to throw toward him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Jets are really the only team that matches up well against our offense. Revis is about the only corner that can cover Welker. There's no other team out there with the personnel to take away Wes. If you don't take away Wes, then Brady is going to find his favorite target and burn you. Other teams can only cover Wes occasionally, and on those occasions, there's plenty of good options for Brady in Branch, Hernandez, Gronk, and Ocho. I really think the only way the other defense can stop Brady is to shutdown Wes Welker. If that proved impossible for Darrelle Revis, I don't know any defense is going to have success against our offense.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]
    JC. Revis held Wes to 4, that's 4 catches. The 73 yarder was all on SS Smith.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mar10. Show mar10's posts

In Response to Although we are winning, this feels like the playoff game last year, not having Moss is killing us!:
    [QUOTE]Enuf said!
    ?????????????????????????  Please Child... Go back to sleep!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Enuf said!

Too much said, actually.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

How many threads will get posted about getting Randy Moss back?  He's never coming back.  This team is better without him.  Enough with the Randy Moss threads.