Am I the only one?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

Re: Am I the only one?

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to teegee's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

31. 28. 21. 24. 26. 31. 24. 41.

8 games last year the Pats allowed the opponant to score more then 20 points. I dont care if Ned Braden, Buncker Sprinkles and Rusty Griswold line at at WR for the Pats, if the defense can keep the team in games.

[QUOTE]

24, 30, 29, 43, 23, 31, 34, 23, 35, 31

What's this? It's the ten times the Ravens gave up more than 20 pts in 2012 (the last two were in the postseason). Kind of a random stat, wouldn't you say?

Muzwell, you're the best!

Kind of a disengenuous retort. 

No one would class the Ravens, who are a perrenial top 5 defense, with NE.

They were missing megastars on defense for huge portions of last season. The Ray Lewis differntial alone was huge. With him they gave up about 18 ppg and took just one loss in 10 games. Without him they gave up 21 ppg and were 5-5. Never mind missing time from Reed, Suggs and a couple of other guys.  

And by the time the playoffs rolled around they held the #4, #2 and #1 offenses in the AFC to 9, 13, and 21 (over six quarters) points forcing 8 turnovers in the process. 

Without the outburst in the 4th quarter by the 49ers, which was itself fueled by some turnovers and kick returns giving SF some really short fields, it was pretty much a flawless defensive performance down the stretch. 

Put in any meaningful context, the Ravens were what they always are: a great defensive ballclub. NE was what it has been the last few seasons: a sometimes mediocre to sometimes poor defensive ballclub that waits for its offense to build massive leads before it can get anything done.

Criminy, NE has only forced something like 3 turnovers in the last five years in the post-season, forget about the 10 the Ravens created in this one post-season. 

To compare the Ravens defense to the Patriots defense that came out and gave up 56 points in two games and caused just one turnover with a 24-13 lead, none in the decisive game, is really an act of contortionism.  

I guess Muzwell can answer for himself, but what his post indicates to me is that you cannot measure the quality of a D by the number of points allowed alone. Because we know the Ravens have an elite D, but still their points allowed was worse than the Pats'. So if you cannot measure the quality of the Ravens D by number of points allowed, then that goes for the Patriots D as well.

You make a good point about the Ravens without Lewis, but considering the effect that had on an elite D, loosing players to injury on the Pats D should be that much worse. Jones was off to a great start, possible DROY titel when he was injured. Cunningham had his best start to the season untill he was suspended. Chung missed four games.

My point is, when your D is not elite, loosing players who contribute  - or are expected to contribute - should hurt more than loosing one player on a elite D. For the Pats, Talib was a key player, and if you go back and rewatch the AFCCG my guess is you will see a D playing well untill he is injured. After that they struggled.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to RallyC's comment:

[QUOTE]

Babe, You constantly say that I am Rusty too. But I've never been banned. Why do you have this constant desire to profess and perpetuate a dislike for Rusty to everyone. You see the guy is really trying to stay between the lines, yet you continue to bait him. Give it a rest man. I'm not Rusty, and I have nothing against him, but aren't you getting a little weary of your own game already? Yup, I'm the ex ball player who you love to deny and so now I'm Rusty to you now too. But, I would like to move forward in a more productive direction for everyone else here as much for myself, you, Rusty and reduce so much of this constant contentious back and forth crap that only high jacks eveybody's threads. That is the definition of a real Troll, isn't it? If you say screw off, then that is what I'll do. I will not repond to you in anyway, anymore just as I have begun to do to others. Its easy, but certainly not the preferred approach to participate in BDC...............Say the word....It would be nice to just stick to the topics for a change though, no?

Everybody knows you're Rusty, Rusty. Even wozzy sniffed you out and he usually turns a blind eye to your fake account nonsense.

[/QUOTE]

Too bad. I tried. You are showing all these folks what kind of a paranoid recluse you must be. OK, I'll leave you alone forever. Take care.

[/QUOTE]

Same old Rusty talk. You're fooling nobody who is really paying attention.

Tell us all again how Brady is a system QB Rusty, I mean Rally.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to teegee's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

31. 28. 21. 24. 26. 31. 24. 41.

8 games last year the Pats allowed the opponant to score more then 20 points. I dont care if Ned Braden, Buncker Sprinkles and Rusty Griswold line at at WR for the Pats, if the defense can keep the team in games.

[QUOTE]

24, 30, 29, 43, 23, 31, 34, 23, 35, 31

What's this? It's the ten times the Ravens gave up more than 20 pts in 2012 (the last two were in the postseason). Kind of a random stat, wouldn't you say?

Muzwell, you're the best!

Kind of a disengenuous retort. 

No one would class the Ravens, who are a perrenial top 5 defense, with NE.

They were missing megastars on defense for huge portions of last season. The Ray Lewis differntial alone was huge. With him they gave up about 18 ppg and took just one loss in 10 games. Without him they gave up 21 ppg and were 5-5. Never mind missing time from Reed, Suggs and a couple of other guys.  

And by the time the playoffs rolled around they held the #4, #2 and #1 offenses in the AFC to 9, 13, and 21 (over six quarters) points forcing 8 turnovers in the process. 

Without the outburst in the 4th quarter by the 49ers, which was itself fueled by some turnovers and kick returns giving SF some really short fields, it was pretty much a flawless defensive performance down the stretch. 

Put in any meaningful context, the Ravens were what they always are: a great defensive ballclub. NE was what it has been the last few seasons: a sometimes mediocre to sometimes poor defensive ballclub that waits for its offense to build massive leads before it can get anything done.

Criminy, NE has only forced something like 3 turnovers in the last five years in the post-season, forget about the 10 the Ravens created in this one post-season. 

To compare the Ravens defense to the Patriots defense that came out and gave up 56 points in two games and caused just one turnover with a 24-13 lead, none in the decisive game, is really an act of contortionism.  

[QUOTE] 

Disingenuous? Really? In essence, the OP posited that the Pats O must be always at the top of their game in order to make up for the lagging defense, and he used eight games in which they allowed more than 20 points as the proof of his position. How is it possibly disingenuous to point out that the Super Bowl champions also allowed more than 20 points on an equal number of occasions?  

If you're going to point out a meaningless, basically random stat like that, don't be surprised if someone points out an equally random stat in retort. I didn't compare anything, I simply pointed out the silliness (IMO) of that particular argument.

Also, the Ravens ranked 17th last year (based on yardage allowed) which in a 32 team league is decidely average. Injuries, shminjuries, everybody has injuries. Name a defense that wasn't impacted by one or more injuries to key players. Sure they played great in the postseason, kudos to them. 

The Ravens won the title, basically they did what they had to do. They got into the playoffs (barely) and they got hot. I don't care what anybody says, who wins the Super Bowl is almost entirely random from year to year. You don't have to be a great football team to win a title, you don't have to be the best team. You have to get lucky, take advantage of that luck and you have to get hot. Baltimore did that, the Pats didn't. You want to proclaim them as the model franchise, be my guest. If so though, where have they been since 2000?

Personally, I think they had a horseshoe up their collective butts.