Am I the only one that likes watching PROBOWL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Am I the only one that likes watching PROBOWL?

yes they run around and do stunts, and its not a real game...  Blah, blah.

But I like watching these top athletes playing backyard type football.  even liked last years game which got SO MUCH CRITICISM from all the stuck up purists.

Please  get over yourselves.   it's meant to be fun . Hopefully nobody gets hurt.  It's a different kind of game where players can show off and do fun stuff like that game where ray Lewis lateralled to ty law for a td.  Was I the only person who watched that?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Am I the only one that likes watching PROBOWL?

I agree, it's a fun game for all involved.  Players have a fun time, the fans in attendence have a fun time, nice for the younger players to go and be around the older players. 

It was better then last years game, last year was a joke, very painful to watch last year.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I think it would be alot better if they sent a whole unit instead of individual players.  Since it is a team sport, I think that would make things alot more interesting.

Example-

O-Line=All Packers 

Secondary=Seahawwks

RBs=Broncos

D-Line=Giants

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Army2LT's comment:

I think it would be alot better if they sent a whole unit instead of individual players.  Since it is a team sport, I think that would make things alot more interesting.

Example-

O-Line=All Packers 

Secondary=Seahawwks

RBs=Broncos

D-Line=Giants

Thats an interesting thought.  But all "All Star" games are about individuals best/popular of the sport coming together to make a team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Yes, you may be the only one. The tv revenue from it is usually horrendous.

What they should do is do more of a skills competition type of thing almost like a combine type thing, but less serious.  

No one cares about a meaningless game.

Skills competitions are tedious and worse to watch .  Play the game for money with the relaxed rules ( like they do) .  It's still a game where certain skill guys cab excel and show their stuff.  and somebody wins.

What tf is wrong with that.  one more thing goodell will f up.  Leave it alone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Make it winner take all, half a million each to the players on the winning side and it would be worth watching.  Either that or a college all star team vs. the NFL all-pro team, sort of like they did back in  the day (except then it was the NFL champs vs. college kids).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The skills competitions were always fun to watch.  It was always interesting to sometimes see a great player in a certain position not do well in a skills competition and someone not as good ends up taking the win.  And that's were the problem is.  With all the media trying to find a story or write about how someone isn't as good as they seem, players aren't going to want take that chance of being shown up by someone who is maybe not as good. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Make it winner take all, half a million each to the players on the winning side and it would be worth watching.  Either that or a college all star team vs. the NFL all-pro team, sort of like they did back in  the day (except then it was the NFL champs vs. college kids).

It would be fun to watch a full, all out All Star game with the same importance as a SB.  Everyone taking it very serious, but they would need weeks of practice together.  That's not how this game is meant to be played.  It's all about fun, rewarding the top players of the league and the fans to enjoy seeing their favorite players play.  Heck, when I was a kid it was an honor, a big deal to see my favorite player make the Pro Bowl and play in it.  Why can't that carry over to now?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

I find the game itself a horrible event but agree that if you are voteyou show should attend. I loved what Peyton said at the beginning of the game, as much as I hate him becau I am a pats fan have to respect his attitude towards the game itself.  By the way my 9 year old son dvr'd  it and was up watching this morning, excited to see what the best players could do.  Football's future depends on the next generation of kids watching and loving it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to tg19pats' comment:

I find the game itself a horrible event but agree that if you are voteyou show should attend. I loved what Peyton said at the beginning of the game, as much as I hate him becau I am a pats fan have to respect his attitude towards the game itself.  By the way my 9 year old son dvr'd  it and was up watching this morning, excited to see what the best players could do.  Football's future depends on the next generation of kids watching and loving it.

I guess I have the mentality of a 9yr old...  That is basically what you're saying

I hope I never lose that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

When the under over is 81.5 I tend to watch Moonshiners ,Gold Rush, Bamazon,Dual Survivor or a special on Tom Brady and how age is slowly but surely catching up to him...some say more rapidly then most.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

It would be fun to watch a full, all out All Star game with the same importance as a SB.  Everyone taking it very serious, but they would need weeks of practice together.  That's not how this game is meant to be played.  It's all about fun, rewarding the top players of the league and the fans to enjoy seeing their favorite players play.  Heck, when I was a kid it was an honor, a big deal to see my favorite player make the Pro Bowl and play in it.  Why can't that carry over to now?

If you were still a kid, maybe you'd still feel that way. It was that way with all of the ASGs when I was a kid, wanted to see how the Sox, Cs and Bs players would perform and all of that. Now, I find those games all but unwatchable.  

I don't follow basketball any more, but the NBA game was a huge deal at one time. The 3 point contest with Bird was must-watch stuff, the dunk contest with Jordan and Wilkins and Spud Webb and Dee Brown pumping up his shoes. Maybe because it was all sort of new and different. I don't think it attracts that kind of attention any more.   

The home run contest was interesting for a few years, now it has kind of jumped the shark. But maybe if I was a kid, I'd feel differently?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tg19pats' comment:

I guess I have the mentality of a 9yr old...  That is basically what you're saying

I hope I never lose that.

having that mentality can be a good thing, he gets a lot of enjoyment from watching the games.  Sometimes I wish I could still sit back and simply enjoy the talents these players have and not get upset by the performances.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Whoscares  about the pro bowl!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

I like watching it, didn't like listening to Al Micheals whining about the Patriots not being there. Honestly hes becoming tiresome-should have left when Madden did.  Collingsworth brushed it off probably because he was a player and understands it better than some.  It did get the higest rating for that time slot and I heard someone mention it beat out the other sport programs that were on, so I guess there are people watching it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I never watch it, it's not like the players put out full effort. Who can blame them honestly? The season is over and they are in one of the top destinations in the winter. Why would they even put themselves in a position to risk injury right before the off-season?

I like Rusty's idea. Make it a skill competition (ie like the NHL and NBA have before their games) and just get rid of the game all together

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I Watched Part Of It, Boring.. Only Because I Wont Be Watching The SB..Looking Forward To The Pats 2013 Season.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Example-

O-Line=All Packers 

Secondary=Seahawwks

RBs=Broncos

D-Line=Giants

That is a very good suggestion and one that I have never seen proposed before.   If they implemented this it may improve the viewership of this event. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Example-

O-Line=All Packers 

Secondary=Seahawwks

RBs=Broncos

D-Line=Giants

That is a very good suggestion and one that I have never seen proposed before.   If they implemented this it may improve the viewership of this event. 

I agree.  The Pro Bowl is pretty awful and I think this would improve the viewership as well.  Although it is an individual award, about 30-40% of the players refuse to play, and when they do, they give only half their effort.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

yes they run around and do stunts, and its not a real game...  Blah, blah.

But I like watching these top athletes playing backyard type football.  even liked last years game which got SO MUCH CRITICISM from all the stuck up purists.

Please  get over yourselves.   it's meant to be fun . Hopefully nobody gets hurt.  It's a different kind of game where players can show off and do fun stuff like that game where ray Lewis lateralled to ty law for a td.  Was I the only person who watched that?

yes

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

They could do a consolation game instead. This year would have been the Patriots and Falcons. Last year would have been Ravens and 49ers, sort of a SB preview.