Am I the only person who watched the Saints trounce the Giants and wonder how the Pats lost to that team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Am I the only person who watched the Saints trounce the Giants and wonder how the Pats lost to that team?

Personnel wise on offense I thought the Patriots could offer very similar things to the precision offense that the Saints ran.

I think the biggest difference is the Saints' game plan and playcalling where they found a million ways to chip the Giants' defensive ends

Anyhow, any given Sunday, but the Saints destroyed the Giants...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Am I the only person who watched the Saints trounce the Giants and wonder how the Pats lost to that team?

Yes.

Brees could have thrown 8 tds. Destroyed the Giants defense which may have hit him once all game.

I kind of think our offense has got out of the funk though. They mix in enough of the run, but still need to protect Brady more. Too many hits to the Great one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

Re: Am I the only person who watched the Saints trounce the Giants and wonder how the Pats lost to that team?

a lot of it is match-ups  but yeah, they should have beat the giants, they played a bad game that day. the eagles won at ny last week and we crushed them in philly so you would think so. i'd like to have that one again along with the steelers..

the offense is playing much better than a few weeks ago, its improving each week. brady could have been hurting and is getting better. they are heading in the right direction on both sides of the ball at the right time of season. in 2007 they peaked too early.. 

the saints are inconsistent at times but when they are on their game and playing at home they are tough.. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Am I the only person who watched the Saints trounce the Giants and wonder how the Pats lost to that team?:
    Personnel wise on offense I thought the Patriots could offer very similar things to the precision offense that the Saints ran. I think the biggest difference is the Saints' game plan and playcalling where they found a million ways to chip the Giants' defensive ends Anyhow, any given Sunday, but the Saints destroyed the Giants...
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

I watched it and was astonished that the Saints went for it on 4th and 2 with 2:40 left in the game with the score 42 to 24.  Then they scored again with a minute left.  Did not hear one snide comment about running up the score.
    The Pats were criticized for doing much less than that last week on MNF by the same crew. (Trico)
    Where is the outrage??????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Giant are one of the up and down teams, always are. Doesn't mean much. Giants beat the Patriots, Eagles beat the Giants, therefore the Eagles will beat the Patriots. But they got stomped. What's it all mean? Any given Sunday or some baloney like that I guess.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

When we played the Giants our offense was in a funk and couldn't get anything done for an entire half, the defense luckily held serve and kept it even. Brady did his job and put us in the lead, it was just unfortunate that our defense couldn't finish the game. However, it was as much the offense's fault as the D's.

A loss isn't always a bad thing, sometime you need a REAL gut check. Losing at home to kill the streak and also lose 2 in a row was a true test. This team has taken note and is firing on all cylinders. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Saints have a better offense than us, they have WAY better WRs that go deep at will. They also have the Bill Belichick of Offensive minds calling their plays. 

The Saints offense is WAY better than our offense, the only reason why it's close is because Tom and Drew are elite QBs and Tom makes up the difference. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

no, i think we all though that...

Eli passed for 400 yards and had an impressive streak (passes completed) 

The Defense was pathetic + 1

Is good to know that we are now a better team than the Bills and Giants who kicked us...

i think the steelers are still superior to NE... lets see what happens down the road.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

In Response to Am I the only person who watched the Saints trounce the Giants and wonder how the Pats lost to that team?:
    Personnel wise on offense I thought the Patriots could offer very similar things to the precision offense that the Saints ran. I think the biggest difference is the Saints' game plan and playcalling where they found a million ways to chip the Giants' defensive ends Anyhow, any given Sunday, but the Saints destroyed the Giants...

The Saints defense is better than the Pats. And the Saints offense played MUCH better than the Pats offense played during the loss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, that is pretty much how I felt about the Steeler game.  They were hot, came in with a good plan, and executed perfectly.  We may have been able to heat up if our offense ever got on the field, but that just didn't happen.  Just one of those games.  That is the only loss we took that I felt like we were getting blown out.  and it wasn't even that bad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Did everyone forget the two PI calls, one for 50 yards and the other for around 20 yards (on the game winning drive) that put the Giants on the one yard line for their TD's?  These two events played a big part in that defeat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

In Response to Re: Am I the only person who watched the Saints trounce the Giants and wonder how the Pats lost to that team?:
    Saints have a better offense than us, they have WAY better WRs that go deep at will. They also have the Bill Belichick of Offensive minds calling their plays.  The Saints offense is WAY better than our offense, the only reason why it's close is because Tom and Drew are elite QBs and Tom makes up the difference. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

You've said this before regarding the Saints, but statistically there's not that big a difference offensively.
                                                          Gms Plyd-Pts/G - Yds/G- PassYds/G
    New Orleans Saints   11   32.9   449.6   324.2                              
    New England Patriots   11   30.1   429.5   319.1   

The numbers were actually quite a bit closer before last night's game and as you can see we are almost identical in our passing game. Also, theyy too have 3 losses for the season. So, NO, their offense isn't "WAY" better than ours. It makes no sense to say that Tom and Drew are BOTH elite (which is correct), but that Tom makes up the difference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

We turned the ball over 4 times against the Giants the Saints had no turnovers. Not that we would have blown them out but turnovers cost the game.

On a good note our offense seems to have put a stop to giving the ball away. The real test of that will come against Denver's defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Outside WR that can get open. Something the Pats lack and very little consistent production. Simple as that. They have some great skill players in Gronk , Hernandez and Welker but not on the GB / Saints level.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

On any given Sunday......and turn overs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Am I the only person who watched the Saints trounce the Giants and wonder how the Pats lost to that team?:
    We turned the ball over 4 times against the Giants the Saints had no turnovers. Not that we would have blown them out but turnovers cost the game. On a good note our offense seems to have put a stop to giving the ball away. The real test of that will come against Denver's defense.
    Posted by glenr

Denvers D is not built much different from Eagles. The game will be about TB getting rid of the ball on run and pass/run plays to the ourside. If we beat the rush we can pick them apart, no match for the Gronk!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

matchups, slow start, mental errors/penalties....just one of those days.

One good thing about losing to teams like the steelers is that, historically, it's hard to beat the same team twice in the same season....Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Eli threw for 400 yards and 2 TDs last night. 

Somehow I doubt all the talking heads will be saying how the Saints have no shot at a SB because of their defense. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Eli threw for 400 yards and 2 TDs last night.  Somehow I doubt all the talking heads will be saying how the Saints have no shot at a SB because of their defense. 
    Posted by ShiningWizard

you do realize they were in prevent starting late in the 3rd quarter, right?  lotsa garbage yards there

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

No, I was considering starting a thread on this last night but got to lazy to do it and knew by today there would be one because the Giants are not good at all. Just like we had no reason to lose to them in the SB but stuff happens!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

Guess this is obvious, but Eagles shot their wad against the Giants - could not get up for non division game with the Pats - they were flat........ Reid is gonna have a lot of 'splaining to do after that one....... Lurie did not look happy......  kil

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Giant are one of the up and down teams, always are. Doesn't mean much. Giants beat the Patriots, Eagles beat the Giants, therefore the Eagles will beat the Patriots. But they got stomped. What's it all mean? Any given Sunday or some baloney like that I guess.
    Posted by shenanigan

Well the Giants also beat the Eagles before they lost to the Eagles.  I more or less believe the cliche about throwing records out when old school division rivals meet, especially when it is 2 inconsistent teams like NYG and PHI.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Eli threw for 400 yards and 2 TDs last night.  Somehow I doubt all the talking heads will be saying how the Saints have no shot at a SB because of their defense. 
    Posted by ShiningWizard

Are you surprised that they don't. The Packers average something like ten yards less given up per game than we do and you don't hear it about them either

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Posted by ShiningWizard

Steve Young said it right after the game.  Basically calling out the Saints D.

In fairness, a lot of Eli's yards were dink and dunk prevent D yards. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Personnel wise on offense I thought the Patriots could offer very similar things to the precision offense that the Saints ran. Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

You anwsered your own question. The Patriots precision offense did not show up in the first quarter of the Giants game. Did you watch the game? Do you recall? 

Sections
Shortcuts