Amalie Benjiman and her hate pieces

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CCisnotabust. Show CCisnotabust's posts

Amalie Benjiman and her hate pieces

Amalie Benjamin wrote basic news pieces as a Red Sox beat writer and now that she has "moved on" she is turning into a character killer. 

The multiple pieces on Haynesworth is just her being a character killer and trying to make a name for herself.  When the baseball writers are putting a positive spin on Bedard and building a player up, Benjamin takes her own approach.

Her writing is very bland, attacking, and she is trying to follow the role of any attention is good attention.  I hope the Globe moves her off of sports because her writing style is a disgrace. 

Nobody tears her down from being a local girl but running away for the quality education is the commonwealth because maybe she thought she could not handle the pressure.  Or a piece about the rapid weight loss when paired next to Heidi Watney, what reason was there for that. It is not good when the tables turn Amalie and maybe your style should reflect that instead of being the angry female.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Amalie Benjiman and her hate pieces

Got a link? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CCisnotabust. Show CCisnotabust's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/08/21/albert_haynesworths_history/?page=3

today's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CCisnotabust. Show CCisnotabust's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2011/07/30/haynesworths_sexual_assault_details/

the first piece three weeks ago

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

You know what? The articles are what I call decent reporting, something seldom done in the sports section. 

The first peice about the assault listed out the facts and reported that one of the people who witnessed admitted being offered money to testify. 

The article just posted which goes into Haynesworth's past is another research article that doesn't really give an opinion, just the history. It also adds that NE in some people's opinions is the best place for him due to the dicipline here. 

The most recent article is ho hum and really puts forward nothing new but at least it's actual reporting and not character bashing like the Globe guys who trashed Moss when he first came here and said BB should never put that kind of scum on the roster. 

It's decent reporting I have no problem with it. She puts in both sides of the picture pretty well. It's just late and rather stale news in the sense that it provides nothing new, and nothing that hasn't been discussed lately. A heck of a lot better than the "know it alls" who know nothing who write articles on the Pats routinely. At least she can do actual research and maintain a little objectivity. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

i would do her endlessly

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

well she has an 'Ask Amily' area so maybe she is writing stories from peoples questions. Not that hard when people give you the ideas....

The overall quality of the globe has gone down the tubes for years. Amily is not the problem.

Now (like the summer), there were no articles, updates to the mailbag or anything looking vaguely like reporting on the Patriots.

If it wasn't for the forums there woudl be no need to read the gloabe at all.

Gasper and Young are terrible and also seem to be negative all the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Amalie Benjiman and her hate pieces:
    [QUOTE]i would do her endlessly
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

At first I thought it was the girl in the video above the 2nd link on this thread that'cha were refering to...and I believe my reaction earler was, "HuhWhaaaAA..RE-ally?!?"  Then I clicked on the writer's name itself, and well- Yea, sorta...But LOOK, HERE is the thing- Sure, I tend to gravitate (desperately) towards fit dark-haired 20-something lookin' hot chicks too, and sure- when they do that sexy & smart glasses thing and are all-smilin' all cute, and they can BOTH pass by on the librarian/teacher but never fall short 1 bit on the sexy, sultry, hot girl look as well...yea, that "desperately" for me tends to become a bit more "obsessionally desperate/instant marriage proposal at 1st sight... 

But I gotta tell ya 1 thing here:  I am ADAMANTLY anti-Any Woman with some overly large <I shyed from using the term "perverted" />- Overall sense & subsequent air of self-worth/Elite overall importance...  Sheez, I want my bride literate and all, but not REALLY Literate (big turn off).  "Amily"....that's all ya gotta know:  2 extra letters added to her name...which subsequently translates 2 extra hundred thousand dollars in your basic year-to-date salary, in order to date her, Along with 2 extra years, in order to- and before she'll even THINK of...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

[QUOTE]You know what? The articles are what I call decent reporting, something seldom done in the sports section.  The first peice about the assault listed out the facts and reported that one of the people who witnessed admitted being offered money to testify.  The article just posted which goes into Haynesworth's past is another research article that doesn't really give an opinion, just the history. It also adds that NE in some people's opinions is the best place for him due to the dicipline here.  The most recent article is ho hum and really puts forward nothing new but at least it's actual reporting and not character bashing like the Globe guys who trashed Moss when he first came here and said BB should never put that kind of scum on the roster.  It's decent reporting I have no problem with it. She puts in both sides of the picture pretty well. It's just late and rather stale news in the sense that it provides nothing new, and nothing that hasn't been discussed lately. A heck of a lot better than the "know it alls" who know nothing who write articles on the Pats routinely. At least she can do actual research and maintain a little objectivity. 
    Posted by Macrawn[/QUOTE]

I think the reason the article was written at this time is because big Al's trial is coming up on Tuesday of this week. This could turn out bad both for him and the Patriots.

http://bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1360457&srvc=news&position=3

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amalie Benjiman and her hate pieces : At first I thought it was the girl in the video above the 2nd link on this thread that'cha were refering to...and I believe my reaction earler was, "HuhWhaaaAA..RE-ally?!?"  Then I clicked on the writer's name itself, and well- Yea, sorta...But LOOK, HERE is the thing- Sure, I tend to gravitate (desperately) towards fit dark-haired 20-something lookin' hot chicks too, and sure- when they do that sexy & smart glasses thing and are all-smilin' all cute, and they can BOTH pass by on the librarian/teacher but never fall short 1 bit on the sexy, sultry, hot girl look as well...yea, that "desperately" for me tends to become a bit more "obsessionally desperate/instant marriage proposal at 1st sight...  But I gotta tell ya 1 thing here:  I am ADAMANTLY anti-Any Woman with some overly large <I shyed from using the term "perverted" />- Overall sense & subsequent air of self-worth/Elite overall importance...  Sheez, I want my bride literate and all, but not REALLY Literate (big turn off).  "Amily"....that's all ya gotta know:  2 extra letters added to her name...which subsequently translates 2 extra hundred thousand dollars in your basic year-to-date salary, in order to date her, Along with 2 extra years, in order to- and before she'll even THINK of...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

ummmm......wow

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't see it like that.  In fact this is one of the better pieces I've read.  Usually a reporter gets no more research than Wikipedia and tries to write it in such a way as to not show any side of the story but the conclusion they've come to.  How many articles have said he is accused of sexual assault without any specifics, purposefully leading the reader to believe that Haynesworth raped someone even thought that's far from the truth.

She actually got quotes from the Titans, Skins, people from his hometown and presented the facts without trying to make a case.  It's the closest thing to journalism I've seen on Haynesworth in a long time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with Mac and Shenanigan. It was actually a pretty well written piece that you can tell she did her research.

On a side note, I always find it hilarious when new members to the board read Laz fro the first time and take everything Laz says as completely serious. CTPats, if you stick around the board a little longer your start to get Laz's humor and see it as just that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with Mac and Shenanigan. It was actually a pretty well written piece that you can tell she did her research. On a side note, I always find it hilarious when new members to the board read Laz fro the first time and take everything Laz says as completely serious. CTPats, if you stick around the board a little longer your start to get Laz's humor and see it as just that
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I was hoping that was the case - phew!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Wheh...glad I left out that small metaphorical sidetrack bit of me getting bathed in rape-can mace (I'll tell'ya, my face woulda been pretty red right now).  Seriously though, PatsEng said it all...for example: Hey CTPatsFan17, ya know the poster patsfaninpa?  The one with the pic of a cute short-haired brunette in a pot-leaf bikini and ripping a bong-hit...?  Let's just say after patsfaninpa first started postin' readily on here, I asked her if she believed in love at first sight, because as I said, After seeing her pic for the first time, I myself now did.  THEN, after she subsequently revealed that "she" in fact was just a regular ol' dude who simply found the picture on the web, and used it because he too, thought it was a hot pic, I believe that I wrote back that it was sorta difficult for me to dismiss my feelings for him/her/it, so readily...twice, I now think (I thought we could still make it work).

1 more thing...Hey PatsEng, How DARE you downplay my total vagrancy in REAL life, the same you're downplaying my complete vagrancy on HERE...  I NEVER...!   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amalie Benjiman and her hate pieces : I was hoping that was the case - phew!
    Posted by CTPatsFan17[/QUOTE]

Yeah you'll get use to everyone's unique humor hear.  BTW welcome to the board, stick around it's going to be a fun year

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Amalie is just unhappy because she doesn't get to bang as many ball players as Heidi Watney..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

LOL Laz, Of course I fully expect you to be like this in real life. I picture you as a politician truthfully and if you aren't you should be with you linguistic skills and cryptic word use. Heck, I bet you could convince a 1 legged blind Mexican to sell a ice maker to a hungry polar bear in a Siberian zoo by explaining to him how a yo-yo works

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]LOL Laz, Of course I fully expect you to be like this in real life. I picture you as a politician truthfully and if you aren't you should be with you linguistic skills and cryptic word use. Heck, I bet you could convince a 1 legged blind Mexican to sell a ice maker to a hungry polar bear in a Siberian zoo by explaining to him how a yo-yo works
    I always pictured Laz to live in a van down by the river.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amalie Benjiman and her hate pieces : Yeah you'll get use to everyone's unique humor hear.  BTW welcome to the board, stick around it's going to be a fun year

Thanks.  I've actually been around for a few years (mostly as a lurker), but when I came back this year I was having trouble logging in so I just created a new handle.

Only three weeks and 7 hours until kickoff!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amalie Benjiman and her hate pieces : I always pictured Laz to live in a van down by the river.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

So you think he's a politician too I see

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I always thought her stories were a bit lazy, rehashing old news.I still don't understand why she has the mail bag piece? I either can't find it or she isn't getting to it. It can't be because she is so busy with all of the other riveting stuff she is putting out.
    I like Bedard. Based on what I have seen in practice and in both games, he knows his stuff

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amalie Benjiman and her hate pieces : Is it me or does this gal have some sort of mysterious little librarian thing going on?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

It's not just you.  I've been saying basically the same thing ever since she started covering the Sox on NESN.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amalie Benjiman and her hate pieces : It's not just you.  I've been saying basically the same thing ever since she started covering the Sox on NESN.
    Posted by CTPatsFan17[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely, that is the turn on, plus she reminds me of a stripper chick who had the same glasses, i bet Amalie can dance around that pole quite nice too, love to see her do a striptease but PLEASE leave the glasses on .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CCisnotabust. Show CCisnotabust's posts

"I think Albert gets a little bit of a bad rap," said Lombardi. "What happened in Washington wasn't always Albert's fault. He wasn't a 3-4 defensive nose tackle, that's not where you play the player. He didn't sign the $100 million contract, it wasn't his fault they gave him $100 million. They gave it to him. Then Shanahan came in and tried to make him a nose tackle, which isn't what Albert can do. But I promise you: When you watch a tape of Albert Haynesworth, and you study the game, whether it's 2009 or 2010 or whatever year it is, he's one of the most dominating players in the game. He's one of the top five defensive players in terms of when he wants to play and he's moving forward. And he does it more than people want to give him credit for."