AMAZING Wes stat, can AMEN replicate this?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: AMAZING Wes stat, can AMEN replicate this?

He better be able to.  Not sure what is the more glaring issue with Amendola, his injuries or his YAC numbers.  Another thing I have noticed about watching Amendola is how easy it is to tackle him.  Not sure if he is worried about getting injured or what but it seems like it is easy to take him down.  Lloyd for some reason at times would just go down on his own it seemed like, lol!

Some noteable stats...

Welkers catch rate % and YAC % are the highest documented rates for any wide receiver (min 400 catches). 

The number that really sticks out for Amendola is he has the worst averaged yards gained per reception in NFL history (with at least 100 receptions). 

No doubt that Amendola has some huge shoes to fill here.  Welker has set the bar very high.  Staying healthy is key and if he can stay healthy I believe his numbers will improve with this offense and of course with one of the GOATS throwing him the ball.  He has something to prove here so I think that will also work in his and the Pats favor.

With the Draft officially here, I can not wait to see Tom Brady and Danny Amendola together this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Roger Craig had YAC Yards, and Superbowls with them. Also 1000 yard rushing seasons.

Point is, Running backs can do this also. Problem for Defense with this is, you spread out the Field more by using Runningbacks, with terrible mismatches.
    What is more important is Yards After Contact. YAC. Thats what Bill Walsh thought about it.
    Mistackles in the NFL, always make huge gains.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Lot of it depends on routes and offense run. Welker did not have a lot of yard after first contact, but often caught the ball in space because of the route/offense and the defensive coverage. Edelman was effective when healthy because he was running Welkers routes in the same offense and Amendola should be as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CommyContrarian's comment:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/football/patriots/christopher-price/2013/05/22/wes-welker-gone-will-patriots-yac-take-

amen in his best health year had like 80 catches but with 650+ yards.. still unsure if i was the jabros throwing to him or just him i general like it was with LLOyd.. very little YAC! WES ON THE OTHER HAND

" In his six seasons, 3,931 of his 7,459 receiving yards during the regular season came after the catch, or 53 percent.  Overall, of his six seasons in New England, he was first in the league in YAC four times (including a career-high 751 yards in 2008, as well as 702 last year) and second twice. (The only time he wasn’t in the top two? That was 2010, when his 411 YAC was 15th in the league.) His ability to find seams in a defense and keep the chains moving was one of the reasons the New England passing game has had such an unfettered run of success the last few seasons."

no way Danny IR does this...actually don't think anyone else will either

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

He better be able to.  Not sure what is the more glaring issue with Amendola, his injuries or his YAC numbers.  Another thing I have noticed about watching Amendola is how easy it is to tackle him.  Not sure if he is worried about getting injured or what but it seems like it is easy to take him down.  Lloyd for some reason at times would just go down on his own it seemed like, lol!

Some noteable stats...

Welkers catch rate % and YAC % are the highest documented rates for any wide receiver (min 400 catches). 

The number that really sticks out for Amendola is he has the worst averaged yards gained per reception in NFL history (with at least 100 receptions). 

No doubt that Amendola has some huge shoes to fill here.  Welker has set the bar very high.  Staying healthy is key and if he can stay healthy I believe his numbers will improve with this offense and of course with one of the GOATS throwing him the ball.  He has something to prove here so I think that will also work in his and the Pats favor.

With the Draft officially here, I can not wait to see Tom Brady and Danny Amendola together this season.

cant replace welker!   Pats going to have to be creative in their offense and McDaniels needs to come up big....we'll see....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Gee, I don't know. But the bigger question is: will he drop the Lombardi like Wes did? Odds are against that.

Sections
Shortcuts