Amendola and 5 others not spotted at practice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Amendola and 5 others not spotted at practice

The public access portion of Patriots training camp has ended, so media access has been cut down. It was about 30 minutes on Monday.

Not spotted were: WR Danny Amendola, DL Jermaine Cunningham, and CB Brandon Jones, as well as PUP-list players TE Rob Gronkowski, DL Armond Armstead, and WR Mark Harrison.

Players were in full pads.

Grounds crew spent much of the time we were out there soaking down a back corner of one of the fields, so it looked like they were getting ready for the annual rookie mud bath/slip-n-slide.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

Ben Volin         @BenVolin

Danny Amendola not at practice. Reason unknown

Don't start this already!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Amendola and 5 others not spotted at practice

Probably just a rest day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Confirmed as a rest day, TROLL.

Go root for the Broncos already with your Welkie obsession. Did you hear Welkie sprained his ankle?

He's been here for 5 years with nearly 10, 000 posts to his name, I hardly think he's a troll.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A rest day, wtf?  Looks like he was gassed in the hurry up Friday night after 2 series, he better not be resting, lol!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

A rest day, wtf?  Looks like he was gassed in the hurry up Friday night after 2 series, he better not be resting, lol!

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

BB gives players day off where it is needed. Moss used to get off due to age, Amendola would be due to saving him and not adding more wear and tear to his bones. Also, if BB already started the regular season practice routine, Monday isn't a real practice. Just a walkthrough....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

[QUOTE]

BB gives players day off where it is needed. Moss used to get off due to age, Amendola would be due to saving him and not adding more wear and tear to his bones. Also, if BB already started the regular season practice routine, Monday isn't a real practice. Just a walkthrough....

Just ignore him. He's a troll. He mocks BB, the greatest coach in pro sports history and arguably the best GM in NFL history, absolutely in the cap era.

He's sick.

I would argue one underrated element to BB's coaching is how he manages injuries so well, knowing who needs time off or extra time or whatnot.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Belichick bandwagoner, when did you start following Belichick?  Let me guess... the year 2000?  I thought so. Some of us have followed him a lot longer then that so pipe down and go grab you shine box.

BTW, can you please confirm or deny that it looked like Amendola was gassed, during the short time he was out on the field, by the pace Brady was running the offense?  It sure looked like it to me and it looked like he was the only one who was gassed.  I think he better work on his conditioning... not take a complementary day off.  Hahahahaha!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

Just ignore him. He's a troll. He mocks BB, the greatest coach in pro sports history and arguably the best GM in NFL history, absolutely in the cap era.

He's sick.

I would argue one underrated element to BB's coaching is how he manages injuries so well, knowing who needs time off or extra time or whatnot.

[/QUOTE]

You do the same thing with Brady. TB is a great member here. You could be as well if you would stop pushing your agenda. You know the game well enough, just lighten up a little . I am not tying to be a dxck but you act like a 5 year old sometimes. Let it go if someone does not agree with you. Its just a message board. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to thehub's comment:

[QUOTE]

He's sick.

You do the same thing with Brady. TB is a great member here. You could be as well if you would stop pushing your agenda. You know the game well enough, just lighten up a little . I am not tying to be a dxck but you act like a 5 year old sometimes. Let it go if someone does not agree with you. Its just a message board. 

Dude, what is my agend? Being honest and consistent with my opinions and sticking with them, only to see them be reality?

I am the one under attack here.  If I start a thread pointing to something that is pertinent, I am attacked. My honesty and genuine, well sourced opinion knowing Brady must be better and why he can be better is not "an agenda". It's the truth. It's my opinion. I just don't read an ESPN anti-BB piece and coming running over here like a moron regurgitating nonsensical garbage for attention like they do.

For example, why wouldn't bad news for an AFC rival make a PAts fan happy?  It should!   Dude, we have a pocket of fans here who have been brainwashed by the media. They think BB has failed Brady. It's been the premise they've leaned on for YEARS. BB could cure cancer and they'd still be in a Jim JOnes catatonic state of believing Brady made BB. It's preposterous.

Meanwhile, Brees is as good, Rodgers, Gomer goes to a brand new team with new WRs and TEs and looks great!  It's not like Brady is on some island somewhere. He's not.

But, beneath it all, hasn't Brady really underperformed?  I just want that group of 15 or so fans to come forward and admit Brady has to be better than he has been. They just won't do it.

They spend a myriad of subtle ways in threads looking to deflect or use veiled premises to make it seem like Brady has been great the whole time and BB terrible.

It's just not true.

[/QUOTE]

Brady could have played better in some of the past games you mentioned but you beat the issue to death. The gronk int pissed me off in the SB. I was there. No need to throw that ball. We win that game if he just controls that drive and get 3. 

Brady is not perfect, nor is BB with some of his draft picks but I would not want anyone else at QB or coach/ gm then those two. We are blessed, lets enjoy it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

I see fault in the D as much I do in Brady. The D had there chance to get off the field in those games and did not. Its a team game plain and simple. It takes 60 min of good ball on all three levels of the game. As a coach myself, i would think BB blames himeself for not having his TEAM play better in those last few playoff games. 2007 really hurt - one for the history books. Football fans could have read about the greatest team of all time! I wish AS would have run through DT and Rodney in that lucky axx catch. He was watching the play and not running through the play and laying a hit. Slow mo it and see what I am talking about. One little hit and the ball is out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[

[/QUOTE]

Dude, we can't be scoring 14 points in the postseason and then turn and look at someone else around a play like the luckiest and most comical play in SB history, to see who is in the area to try to blame that person.

We scored 14 points. The 2007 Patriots offense was/is the best offense ever assembled. It's embarrassing.

13 points vs Baltimore this past January is embarrassing.  We scored 13 points by halftime and did nothing after that.

We'll never win a SB with an offense like that.

[/QUOTE]

The offense scored just 13 points in the 2001 Super Bowl. A defensive score got us up to 20.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

I see fault in the D as much I do in Brady. The D had there chance to get off the field in those games and did not. Its a team game plain and simple. It takes 60 min of good ball on all three levels of the game. As a coach myself, i would think BB blames himeself for not having his TEAM play better in those last few playoff games. 2007 really hurt - one for the history books. Football fans could have read about the greatest team of all time! I wish AS would have run through DT and Rodney in that lucky axx catch. He was watching the play and not running through the play and laying a hit. Slow mo it and see what I am talking about. One little hit and the ball is out. 

Dude, we can't be scoring 14 points in the postseason and then turn and look at someone else around a play like the luckiest and most comical play in SB history, to see who is in the area to try to blame that person.

We scored 14 points. The 2007 Patriots offense was/is the best offense ever assembled. It's embarrassing.

13 points vs Baltimore this past January is embarrassing.  We scored 13 points by halftime and did nothing after that.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. However, we still a chance to win IF the D made a key stop. I agree that we need to run the ball more and play under center more. I don't blame Brady for that, I blame the play calling. Is that BB and his orders? Is that BB getting pushed around by Brady? We may never know. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Curran is reporting that Danny's status for the Detroit game is "up in the air due to an undisclosed injury."  What the heck?  He looked healthy during the game the other day, didn't he?  Curran also says that it isn't a head injury and isn't expected to be a long term issue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Rusty, they ran shotgun because it's what worked with the talent they had.  They were far too dependent on Welker and the two TEs.  Add real outside WRs and better RBs (which they have now) and they will likely run the offense differently.  Belichick, McDaniels, O'Brien, and Brady are all competent.  They did what they did because of the talent they had.  With a more diverse group of offensive weapons they'll run something more diverse. 

A better D will help too, which I hope they have this year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Curran is reporting that Danny's status for the Detroit game is "up in the air due to an undisclosed injury."  What the heck?  He looked healthy during the game the other day, didn't he?  Curran also says that it isn't a head injury and isn't expected to be a long term issue.

He's got a reputation for being fragile and oft-injured . . . let's hope this isn't headed in the same direction as Ras-I . . . and Gronk. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree with that. However, we still a chance to win IF the D made a key stop. I agree that we need to run the ball more and play under center more. I don't blame Brady for that, I blame the play calling. Is that BB and his orders? Is that BB getting pushed around by Brady? We may never know. 

Well, I've seen two SBs, as have you, with two different non-Weis coordinators who look like the same coordinator to me. I wanted to pin it all on O'Brien in 2011 to protect Brady too, but I realized that isn't it. It's Brady.

He prefers that shotgun.   He controls the coordinators.   It sucks to admit it, but it's very clear.

Gomer and he have very similar powers. Vic Carucci did a piece on that fact in 2009. Brees may have similar powers now, Rodgers, etc, but to put less accountability on the players with such power and responsibility makes no sense.

We will see a major adustment from BB leading that this year.  No way BB didn't pay a tad more for Welkie if that wasn't the case.

[/QUOTE]

Ok, if it's Brady having all that impact on the O and the play calling / formation then I say shame on BB for letting a player have that much power. The coach, this coach of all coaches should know that. That is why i blame the two of them but perhaps BB more - he is the boss - what he says goes. Tell Brady to get Under center, shut up and run the the play that the coaches call. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Good back and forth - I am calling it a night. Early meeting in the am.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Go root for the Broncos already with your Welkie obsession. Did you hear Welkie sprained his ankle?

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/amendola-iffy-vs-lions-thursday

The status of Danny Amendola, who missed practice Monday with an undisclosed injury, is up in the air for this week's game in Detroit according to a source.

Amendola caught 6 passes for 71 yards  against Tampa last Friday. He played only the first quarter. While not specifying what the injury was, the source indicated that what ails Amendola isn't expected to be a long-term issue.

The source said that Amendola didn't sustain a head injury.

-------------------

I hate to hear this news but once again.... Rusty is wrong!  Dude, do your homework!  It is getting too easy making you look like a fool!  Another fail post by Rusty!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/amendola-iffy-vs-lions-thursday

The status of Danny Amendola, who missed practice Monday with an undisclosed injury, is up in the air for this week's game in Detroit according to a source.

Amendola caught 6 passes for 71 yards  against Tampa last Friday. He played only the first quarter. While not specifying what the injury was, the source indicated that what ails Amendola isn't expected to be a long-term issue.

The source said that Amendola didn't sustain a head injury.

What about your boyfriend Welker? He has a sprained ankle. Will he play on a short week in preseason?

[/QUOTE]

Welker plays for the Broncos now, this is about Amendola and the Patriots!!  Funny to see you with the childish deflection tactic by bringing Welker into it.  You are pathetic!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Finally wended my way through the thread to learn that Amendola missed practice due to an undisclosed minor injury.  Got it - thanks.