Amendola and Welker together?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Amendola and Welker together?

I like the Nelson kid from Buffalo, as a different type of alternative for Brady at WR, but I am not sure what his strengths are besides being a red zone target.  He could come cheap.  Not sure why Lloyd shouldn't be back, unless he is just an absolute pain-in-the-butt as guys like Bedard allude.  He should be better Yr. 2, and would they be able to get an upgrade for cheaper?  They def. need to draft a guy, but the Pats are about as good drafting WRs as they are CBs.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Wallace is overrated and wants to much money. Amendola is slot guy who is not as good as Welker and is more injury prone. Draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd and sign a big FB who can pass protect and punch holes on the goaline. Most importantly the Pats need Gronk and Hernandez to stay healthy for a full season (includes post-season). Draft a WR that can run deep posts and the offense will be set provided the O Line is healthy.

Hartline is an option, but I don't know what Miami's cap situation is like. Could be the Pats smokescreen him to increase the Phins cap hits moving forward.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

OK sombeobdy fill me in, whats the Amendola fascination about, is it because he's small and white and you're looking for the next Wes Welker?  This guy is no Wes Welker.

He has only managed to stay healthy for 16 games once in his career (2010) and he managed 85 catches for 689 yards for a miserable 8 yards a catch with only two catches more than 20 yards... he can't stay healthy and when he has isn't explosive.

AMEN! Its like the preposterous infatuation with Matt Roth a few years ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Wow !. $45m is alot. My guess is the Phins try to keep Long, Hartline, Fasano, Starks, and maybe even Bush. They could obviously go after a couple of big free agents like Melton or Goldson provided neither is franchised or transitioned.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

OK sombeobdy fill me in, whats the Amendola fascination about, is it because he's small and white and you're looking for the next Wes Welker?  This guy is no Wes Welker.

He has only managed to stay healthy for 16 games once in his career (2010) and he managed 85 catches for 689 yards for a miserable 8 yards a catch with only two catches more than 20 yards... he can't stay healthy and when he has isn't explosive.

AMEN! Its like the preposterous infatuation with Matt Roth a few years ago.

Infatuation? Was not preposterous either. Dramatic choice of words, wouldn'y you say?  NE offered him a 1 year deal. He took more money.  His choice, he's now out of the league.

BB apparently thought he was good enough to be offered a deal, and many fans saw a fit with his skills as well. Far from "preposterous" or an "infautation". It's called looking at who would fit here and who wouldn't as FAs.

Infatuation, yes. Every single post was, "Now go get Matt Roth." As if he was Julius Peppers. Dude was a JAG and is now out of the league proving just that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

I believe the Patriots sign Welker. I believe Brady's contract was in part due to TB wanting WW back and really, why wouldn't he? 

I've heard others say that is the Patriots don't sing WW then they go after Amendola. But, what about going after Amendola after they sign WW?

Think about it. How about 2 slots receivers like WW and DA lined up? Can you imagine? Patriots have always changed things up with regards to conventional lineups. Look at the 2 TE's that can actually catch and run setup? How's that workin'?

Mike Wallace would be a huge catch for sure but, at what price? DA would also perhaps extend WW's productivity a little longer and ensure that if the Patriots signed WW to a 5 year deal, he'd be able to play healthy and at a high level. Yeah there are surely plenty of reason why this would never happen but, I get goosebumps thinking about it. 

I really wonder if the Patriots want Brandon Lloyd back. With the money freed up by TB's contract, they have some room to go after a good free agent or lock up players like Woodhead, Vollmer, WW and Edelman. Drafting Tavon Austin really intrigues me too. Yes, he's small but, his versatility surely has BB thinking about him. Waterbug like moves and olympian speed along with that versatility.....you have to consider him. Don't forget we also have Jeff Demps who didn't play a game this year. He'll be trying to make the cut. 

I think Mallet's time has to be coming to an end. Bring a veteran or even bring Hoyer back (he's a FA). Mallet may very well go on to be great but, this drafts weak QB crop makes his value higher. Get a big WR. We'll have enough smaller players so, get a big WR. If Wallace can be had? Be foolish not to consider him. Would be a dream target for TB and he'd also be that player that attracts double coverage. Now picture that WW/Amendola combo along with Wallace wide and Gronk lined up too. So we don't get Wallace, draft a WR like Terrance Williams or even Justin Hunter who could be had in later rounds. 

Let Talib walk. Sign Ed Reed. Edelman? I love the guy but, if he's asking too much let him walk and then it's time to go after Amendola. Draft a good SS and let him learn from Reed. 

Random thoughts for sure but, why not? 

NO!!! Address the OL...and DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE!!!!!!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Miami wants to keep Hartline

I know they do. Stop saying that. It doesn't mean they will.  Sheesh.

King...you keep bringing his name up as a realistic option. He's not. They have come out and said they want to keep him. His there a miniscule possibility they won't ? (of course as with any player)...but our chances of considering and getting him are a million to one. I can't stop saying that because you don't want to hear it....sheesh.

So, if NE can pay more, that means they can't make an offer? He's not an RFA.

They could....but it's highly unlikely. I'm just responding to you telling me to stop saying that Miami wants to sign him. I'm expecting that is what will happen and all the reports that I see say that it is MOST LIKELY to happen.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts