Amendola Back at Practice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Amendola Back at Practice

From Field Yates at ESPNBoston.com

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Receiver Danny Amendola, who was held out of practices last week and didn't play in the Patriots' 40-9 preseason loss to the Lions, returned to practice Monday.

Amendola had been hobbled after playing 20 snaps in the team's Aug. 16 preseason win over the Buccaneers, but the injury (specific details of which are not known) was never considered something serious enough to threaten his availability for the Sept. 8 regular-season opener against the Bills.

In the time that reporters were present at practice, Amendola looked like he was a full participant, with no restrictions.

Elsewhere, defensive end Jermaine Cunningham, who has missed all three preseason games due to an unknown injury, was dressed in pads for practice. He worked mostly with members of the team's strength and conditioning staff on the lower practice field, away from the rest of the team.

Tight end Rob Gronkowski, who is on the active/physically unable to perform list, was spotted working on the lower practice field with the team's assistant strength and conditioning coach. He wore a t-shirt and shorts, while all other players were in full pads.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Re: Amendola Back at Practice

Thank god!  But do we even need him vs the bills and Jets LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Glad he is back but I would still like to know what the mysterious injury was.  He was absent two days from practice as well as the Lions game.  Maybe figured he better get back before Thompkins takes his job.  Speaking of Thompkins, should Amendola have to miss games I think Thompkins could fill in just fine. 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Glad he is back but I would still like to know what the mysterious injury was.  He was absent two days from practice as well as the Lions game.  Maybe figured he better get back before Thompkins takes his job.  Speaking of Thompkins, should Amendola have to miss games I think Thompkins could fill in just fine. 

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

Did you just say Amendola is fearful for his job?  And you claim you don't troll?

I could see Thompkins taking away from Amendola's minutes if Amendola can't stay on the field.  Yep!  Have you not been watching Thompkins play?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

brady might click with him , you know he wont make it thru the season, fragile as glass!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Did you just say Amendola is fearful for his job?  And you claim you don't troll?

I could see Thompkins taking away from Amendola's minutes if Amendola can't stay on the field.  Yep!  Have you not been watching Thompkins play?

So, then, who starts opposite Thompkins? I'll go Paul Perillo's words over yours, thanks. Per Perillo, the millisecond Amendola got here, Brady has clicked with Amendola, as suspected.

Perillo framed it as "what you see in the games so far has been how electric he's looked the day he got here".

I am happy THompkins has emerged, but how does that affect Amendola? THis is just you using this as an opp to bash BB for walking from Welkie.  Welkie is fading away now and Amendola is on the way up.

NFL teams don't start just 1 WR. lmao

Um, Amendola has played in 1 game so this comment is silly..... "what you see in the games so far has been how electric he's looked the day he got here".

Unless you are also adding in the 1 catch in preseason game number 1.

As I have mentioned several times on this forum, I like Amendola and I hope he catches all the game winning catches in the next 5 Super Bowls so no, negative talk about him isn't Welker based.  It's legit based on past injury history.  And Thompkins is looking great out there.  He can play inside, he can play outside like you have said Amendola can.  Did you see that seperation the other night down the sidelines, wow!  He can play every position so yeah, look out everyone else.  You miss some time, this kid is going to take it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Ras I downling and Cunningham both returned to practices

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So, then, who starts opposite Thompkins? I'll go Paul Perillo's words over yours, thanks. Per Perillo, the millisecond Amendola got here, Brady has clicked with Amendola, as suspected.

Perillo framed it as "what you see in the games so far has been how electric he's looked the day he got here".

I am happy THompkins has emerged, but how does that affect Amendola? THis is just you using this as an opp to bash BB for walking from Welkie.  Welkie is fading away now and Amendola is on the way up.

NFL teams don't start just 1 WR. lmao

Um, Amendola has played in 1 game so this comment is silly..... "what you see in the games so far has been how electric he's looked the day he got here".

Unless you are also adding in the 1 catch in preseason game number 1.

As I have mentioned several times on this forum, I like Amendola and I hope he catches all the game winning catches in the next 5 Super Bowls so no, negative talk about him isn't Welker based.  It's legit based on past injury history.  And Thompkins is looking great out there.  He can play inside, he can play outside like you have said Amendola can.  Did you see that seperation the other night down the sidelines, wow!  He can play every position so yeah, look out everyone else.  You miss some time, this kid is going to take it.

Perillo has watched every practice. Did you know who that is? Of course you don't!

That seam route for a TD vs TB were he abused like 3 people in coverage? Welker isn't running that route.

Case closed.

Yes, Amendola has been making plays like that all through camp per Paul Perillo, a rational and objective PAts offense.

Yawn!  PFW yippy, I listen to it too.  Welker isn't running that route, lol!!  He can run that route, Thompkins can also.  Edelman can't though.  I'm telling  you, Thompkins looks very good.  Why can't you admit that?  Why do you feel you have to defend Amendola so much?  Funny!

Sections
Shortcuts