Amendola down to 2 teams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Amendola down to 2 teams

WR Danny Amendola is down to two teams and will take visits. Trying to find out the teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

Re: Amendola down to 2 teams

In response to dapats1281's comment:

ProFootballTalkProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

WR Danny Amendola is down to two teams and will take visits. Trying to find out the teams.

I'm guessing it's the Patriots and Bronco's

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4991/danny-amendola

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Pats and Dolphins. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to braunzy's comment:

ProFootballTalkProFootballTalk â€@ProFootballTalk

The Broncos aren't looking to spend money on WRs, they already have two really good ones in Decker and Thomas.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I don't want to sign a guy to keep Ras I company on IR.  let who ever have him.  Unless he wants a Stallworth deal. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Pats and Dolphins. 

I'd be surprised if it were the Dolphins. They shelled out a lot of money to Hartline and Wallace. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Chris Wesseling         Chris Wesseling @ChrisWesseling

Two sources tell @RavensInsider that Baltimore "holds some interest" in Danny Amendola. Titans, Vikings also reported to be interested.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Pats and Dolphins. 

I'd be surprised if it were the Dolphins. They shelled out a lot of money to Hartline and Wallace. 

Yeah, but they're not interested in Bess resigning...need someone in the slot to make a deadly WR corps.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from braunzy. Show braunzy's posts

In response to braunzy's comment:

ProFootballTalkProFootballTalk â€@ProFootballTalk

The Broncos aren't looking to spend money on WRs, they already have two really good ones in Decker and Thomas.

That is true, from my understanding talking with a friend of mine, they are looking for a slot guy and there has been talk over there that they may be interested in him. Elway has been a "sneaky" GM since he has been there.

I think they would be better off drafting a young guy like Swope, because Decker and Thomas are going to demand huge $$ and they are the offensive future of that team. Wish McDaniels would have been here for us on those two picks (but only those 2)!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I don't want to sign a guy to keep Ras I company on IR. 

LOL!  And I agree.  Pats really wouldn't have to pay more for Welker over Amendola when you figure you gotta hire some extra medical and rehab personnel if you sign Amendola.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I would be happy with Amendola. The injury history is a concern, but the guy plays hard and is much younger than Welker.

Looks like Welker may not be back:

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/3/12/4096452/patriots-rumors-talks-with-wes-welker-over-will-danny-amendola

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Pats and Dolphins. 

i've heard the Phins are still in on Jennings too... they are looking to move into a spread offense with Tannehill and need the extra guys. They are definitely picking up another WR via draft or FA.. even if they retain Devon Bess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

I would be happy with Amendola. The injury history is a concern, but the guy plays hard and is much younger than Welker.

Looks like Welker may not be back:

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/3/12/4096452/patriots-rumors-talks-with-wes-welker-over-will-danny-amendola

Welker and Patriots rumors have ranged from a sure thing to looking like he is gone.  From an offer is in place from several days ago to a offer has just been given to Welker as of today.  The fact is nobody knows for sure except the Pats organization and Welkers people.  So who knows.  One thing is for sure, I guarentee Amendola doesn't play a full season this year... again!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If they feel Amendola is a proper replacement for Welker then I'm laughing my butt off. I've said it before and will say it many more times, first you can't replace proven players with mid teir guys, injury risked high talented guys, or bust with high talent and believe you can coach them up it just doesn't work. Second, I'll be alright with the O taking a hit provided the money gets put to good use on the D. I'm not talking bringing in 6 mid teir guys and seeing what sticks and dumping 4 of them in camp. I'm talking bringing in actual talented starters with track records to work into the system. They already tried that approach with no success. Sure you find a nice guy every so often with the buy 6 hope 1 sticks method but how often do those guys make an impact on the team? 

I don't want them to go spend happy but instead of getting 6 mid teir guys why not get 3 and spend the extra money on a proven starter and take that chance?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What if they signed Amendola AND Welker? They have to replace Branch, Amendola can do that, can't he?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

What if they signed Amendola AND Welker? They have to replace Branch, Amendola can do that, can't he?

then they'd have to many similar receivers again. That was a big issue last year, not enough diversity in their receiving corps. Besides you think Amendola wants to be the #3 WR on this team vs a starter somewhere else?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If you want a field stretcher why not bring in Heyward-Bey? He does everything Mike Wallace does, just as fast and a whole lot cheaper. He's not as temperamental as Wallace, if that's something you'd prefer in your receivers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe we try for Jennings?  Seems pricey to me, but the receiver position is very thin right now and the options aren't great unless they can find a hidden diamond in the draft. They haven't had much success with that, though.  Another Taylor Price won't cut it . . .

Sections
Shortcuts