Amendola had more catches then Welker again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Amendola had more catches then Welker again!

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Looks like Welker didn't catch any passes today yet Amendola did in helping the Pats to the Victory over the Ravens.  Looks like Amendola was better than injury prone Wes. BB was right to not over bid for and injury prone Wes Welker!

Now thats not fair rtuinila!!!!!! Everyone knows WESGETABLES dont catch well!!!!

Wes Welker may be on another team this year but he gave the Pats his best for years. No need to be an insulting Troll. Onto ignore you go. I won't read posts from fools who name call athletes. 

Hetch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

The Patriots played their best all around game of the year against a team that has given us trouble in the past.  We embarrass and totally out played the Ravens in their own house and you guys are still arguing about Welker vs. Amendola.  This is @#$%^&*ing  pathetic. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

The Patriots played their best all around game of the year against a team that has given us trouble in the past.  We embarrass and totally out played the Ravens in their own house and you guys are still arguing about Welker vs. Amendola.  This is @#$%^&*ing  pathetic. 

It is embarrassing, this arguement is something to be done in post season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

Looks like Welker didn't catch any passes today yet Amendola did in helping the Pats to the Victory over the Ravens.  Looks like Amendola was better than injury prone Wes. BB was right to not over bid for and injury prone Wes Welker!

Now thats not fair rtuinila!!!!!! Everyone knows WESGETABLES dont catch well!!!!

Wes Welker may be on another team this year but he gave the Pats his best for years. No need to be an insulting Troll. Onto ignore you go. I won't read posts from fools who name call athletes. 

Hetch

Yep!  But this is more of RallyC trying to dig on me then Welker.  After RallyC and Rusty spent the entire time from March to the first game of the season telling everyone here that Amendola was going to be better and more productive then Welker was, and then it not happening.... Well, this is their way of dealing with me being right.  They are mental midgets and can not accept being proven wrong by me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

No doubt, I agree.  They just can't leave it alone.  After I stopped discussing Welker a month ago, Rusty, RallyC and some others keep bringing it up.  I finally told them if they feel the need to keep discussing it then make one thread and we can leave the discussion all there instead of many threads and trashing up other threads.   Apparently they don't listen.  They are trolls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No doubt, I agree.  They just can't leave it alone.  After I stopped discussing Welker a month ago, Rusty, RallyC and some others keep bringing it up.  I finally told them if they feel the need to keep discussing it then make one thread and we can leave the discussion all there instead of many threads and trashing up other threads.   Apparently they don't listen.  They are trolls.

I know to have a debate you need 2 parties... but all involved just need to let it drop for now. We can all revisit it during free agency and at draft time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Amendola - 2 catches 45 yards almost gave up a big fumble, wasn't out on the field for a lot of the offense, might as well not have played and allowed someone who could put up some better production take his spot.

Another very disappointing game by Amendola.

Thanks for making this thread, a bit embarrassing to those forum members who said Amendola was going to be a beast for the Pats this season.

Doesn't really matter if he was disappointing or not, he still out produced Welker today!

You keep trying to make the point that Welker would have been better but that is just a fantasy with no basis in reality. Whereas reality points to Amendola out performing Wes for the rest of the season. You keep forgetting the maxim, past performance is no predictor of future perfomance.

BTW I like your "Thanks" statement and your attemp to spin this thread. It shows you are starting to realize the error of your thinking and are getting tired of defending a point of view that really makes no sense.

Welker 2013 = 73 receptions, 778 yards, 10 tds.

Amendola 2013 = 51 receptions, 579 yards, 2 td's.

Even not playing next week Amendola still won't match Welkers production.

OUCH!

But he will still probably out produce Welker next week! Unless you forgot the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league.  Welker this week...zero's. Amendola...2 catches and some down field blocking!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Which would seem to indicate that the argument is less about New England Patriots football and more about who is right.  I don't give a flying f**k if Welker catches 300 passes for 2,954 in a single season and Amendola catches 1 for 2.5 yards - if the Pats win I'm happy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

I know to have a debate you need 2 parties... but all involved just need to let it drop for now. We can all revisit it during free agency and at draft time.

Do not cave in now.  It just enables him as a troll. Jesus. This is the problem with our board.

TFB12 spent a good 10-14 days here in March bashing BB asking why he went crazy letting Welkie go and he also was in on the Hernandez bashing in June, asking BB to resign.

Face it, the trolls and the media try to get it why the getting is good and they've been caught.

Again.

From here, it's all about Brady. If he is reined in and doesn't turn it over, we can win that SB.

It;s that simple.

And we saw examples of just this today. We gotta shot. As Tom goes, so go the NE Patriots. Only one nose dive today. Good to see him get better protection and see us committ to the run. Good Team Win. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Do not cave in now.  It just enables him as a troll. Jesus. This is the problem with our board.

TFB12 spent a good 10-14 days here in March bashing BB asking why he went crazy letting Welkie go and he also was in on the Hernandez bashing in June, asking BB to resign.

Face it, the trolls and the media try to get it why the getting is good and they've been caught.

Again.

From here, it's all about Brady. If he is reined in and doesn't turn it over, we can win that SB.

It;s that simple.

Too bad BB doesn't have the sack to reign him in or the sense to game plan that way every week.  What's wrong with him?

Way to lose us 2 SB's, BB.  Thank you very much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Which would seem to indicate that the argument is less about New England Patriots football and more about who is right.  I don't give a flying f**k if Welker catches 300 passes for 2,954 in a single season and Amendola catches 1 for 2.5 yards - if the Pats win I'm happy.

Should be the motto of every poster here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Again.

It;s that simple.

And look at you, you could not have been more wrong about Amendola.  Remember all the months you spent on here saying Amendola was going to be a big red zone threat?  What does he have... 2 td's?

And how about the several months you spent on here saying Amendola was going to out produce Welker especially since he could line up on the outside?

How about when you said Amendola wasn't injury prone, that those were all freak accidents.  I think you even blamed the field he played on when with the Rams.  Then he comes here and gets injured in game 1, misses some games, suffers a concussion, misses more time.

Oh, I could go on and on here with all that you stated in the threads about Amendola over many months, you were completely wrong.  2 catches today for 45 yards, thats lousy, almost lost a big fumble today, dropped the game winner last weeek, wow!  It couldn't have turned out much worse for your predictions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

welker is about done. he was a great slot reciever for five or six years the best in the game imo but hes taken too many hits. welker is a little guy and he also tough enough to go right over the middle   often taking vicious hits. hes had two concussions in a short period of time. when someone gets a concussion the are prone to having more of them . when you look at his age and the fact that hes had two of them in just three weeks its a strong sign that hes becoming prone to them. troy aikman is a good example.

with all of the focus on permanant brain injury from the repeated trauma to the head its likely that either he retires or the league makes him sit out. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Again.

It;s that simple.

And look at you, you could not have been more wrong about Amendola.  Remember all the months you spent on here saying Amendola was going to be a big red zone threat?  What does he have... 2 td's?

And how about the several months you spent on here saying Amendola was going to out produce Welker especially since he could line up on the outside?

How about when you said Amendola wasn't injury prone, that those were all freak accidents.  I think you even blamed the field he played on when with the Rams.  Then he comes here and gets injured in game 1, misses some games, suffers a concussion, misses more time.

Oh, I could go on and on here with all that you stated in the threads about Amendola over many months, you were completely wrong.  2 catches today for 45 yards, thats lousy, almost lost a big fumble today, dropped the game winner last weeek, wow!  It couldn't have turned out much worse for your predictions.

I never said any such thing like Amendola was going to be a redzone threat. Now you are just putting words in my mouth. All I ever said was that Amendola was more versatile than Wes, was younger, was faster and probably better for the Pats in the long run than Wes.

2 catches for 45 yards was more production for the "injury prone" Amendola, than the zero for zero of Ironman Wes.

You already proved that Amendola didn't "drop" that pass. Why do you keep bringing it up?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

I dont get this just cause tfb12 thinks welker is better then DA come on man.Just cause hes not a pat fan doesnt mean you have to go anti welker!!

Sorry, I think Welker was really good on the Pats team, one of the best slot receivers in NFL history, but in the end he wasn't as good as he needed to be to win a superbowl. He's gone, he's on the back side of his career and he won't get any better. Time to move on. I'm just trying to edify someone to that fact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Again.

It;s that simple.

I never said any such thing like Amendola was going to be a redzone threat. Now you are just putting words in my mouth. All I ever said was that Amendola was more versatile than Wes, was younger, was faster and probably better for the Pats in the long run than Wes.

2 catches for 45 yards was more production for the "injury prone" Amendola, than the zero for zero of Ironman Wes.

You already proved that Amendola didn't "drop" that pass. Why do you keep bringing it up?

I was responding to Rusty (deadahead), look again.  Unless you are Rusty and forgot what user name you were posting under.  Is that it? 

You wrote.. "2 catches for 45 yards was more production for the "injury prone" Amendola, than the zero for zero of Ironman Wes."

Well technically not really. Amendola wasn't a factor at all today.  He could have probably stayed home.  Waskept off the field several plays, will be interested to see his snap count numbers for today. 

"You already proved that Amendola did "drop" that pass. Why do you keep bringing it up?"

Fixed that for ya.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Again.

It;s that simple.

I was responding to Rusty (deadahead), look again.  Unless you are Rusty and forgot what user name you were posting under.  Is that it? 

You wrote.. "2 catches for 45 yards was more production for the "injury prone" Amendola, than the zero for zero of Ironman Wes."

Well technically not really. Amendola wasn't a factor at all today.  He could have probably stayed home.  Waskept off the field several plays, will be interested to see his snap count numbers for today. 

"You already proved that Amendola did "drop" that pass. Why do you keep bringing it up?"

Fixed that for ya.

Well technically and actually 2 catches for 45 yards was more production for the "injury prone" Amendola, than the zero for zero of Ironman Wes.

You can walk around with your fingers in your ears say "la...la...la" at the top of your lungs but that won't change the above fact!

yup , putting words in my mouth and denying what really happens when it doesn't match your preconceived notions. That is so cute!

Thanks again for proving Amendola didn't just drop the pass. Don't be embarresed. Take credit for your achievement! You proved that a db got his hand on the ball and knocked it out of Amendola's hands!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well technically and actually 2 catches for 45 yards was more production for the "injury prone" Amendola, than the zero for zero of Ironman Wes.

You can walk around with your fingers in your ears say "la...la...la" at the top of your lungs but that won't change the above fact!

yup , putting words in my mouth and denying what really happens when it doesn't match your preconceived notions. That is so cute!

Thanks again for proving Amendola didn't just drop the pass. Don't be embarresed. Take credit for your achievement! You proved that a db got his hand on the ball and knocked it out of Amendola's hands!

His 2 catches for 45 yards wasn't needed today.  They helped just as much as Welkers production did.

What is wrong with you?  Clearly you have made a mistake thinking I was responding to you when in fact I was responding to Rusty... you are too lazy to look above so I will post it here in this post.  I will even highlight the part that shows who I was responding to.

-----------------

Again.

It;s that simple.

________

Doi you understand now?  I was responding to Rusty about the Amendola predictions, not you.

Yawn!  You can try and deflect the dropped pass all you want.  But no matter how much you try and deflect it or how much you try and spin it... Amendola dropped the game win last Sunday.  Dropped!  No catch! Lost the ball!  No Touchdown.  Not clutch.  Sorry to burst your bubble,

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

His 2 catches for 45 yards wasn't needed today.  They helped just as much as Welkers production did.

What is wrong with you?  Clearly you have made a mistake thinking I was responding to you when in fact I was responding to Rusty... you are too lazy to look above so I will post it here in this post.  I will even highlight the part that shows who I was responding to.

-----------------

Again.

It;s that simple.

________

Doi you understand now?  I was responding to Rusty about the Amendola predictions, not you.

Yawn!  You can try and deflect the dropped pass all you want.  But no matter how much you try and deflect it or how much you try and spin it... Amendola dropped the game win last Sunday.  Dropped!  No catch! Lost the ball!  No Touchdown.  Not clutch.  Sorry to burst your bubble,

Don't you understand Amendola didn't drop that pass and that the db did what he is paid to do and made a play? In technical terms that was a pass defensed, not a drop. Welkers drop on the other hand was a drop. go ahead, compare the two plays. Amendola has a db on him actively trying and succeeding in knocking the ball away. Welker is alone, two hands on the ball and no db within five yards of him. Welkers was a drop, Amendola's was a pass defensed!

If anyone is deflecting and spinning it is you, not me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Don't you understand Amendola didn't drop that pass and that the db did what he is paid to do and made a play? In technical terms that was a pass defensed, not a drop. Welkers drop on the other hand was a drop. go ahead, compare the two plays. Amendola has a db on him actively trying and succeeding in knocking the ball away. Welker is alone, two hands on the ball and no db within five yards of him. Welkers was a drop, Amendola's was a pass defensed!

If anyone is deflecting and spinning it is you, not me.

Amendola should have had the ball secured well before the defender touched the ball.  He bobbled it instead.  Is there anyway you can get someone to throw you some passes so you can learn how you are supposed to catch the ball?  Clearly you have never caught a football before and you don't know how the whole catching the ball thing works.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Hetch

+10

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

Hetch

+10

Can you believe these people?  Far to many trolls on this forum.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Amendola - 2 catches 45 yards almost gave up a big fumble, wasn't out on the field for a lot of the offense, might as well not have played and allowed someone who could put up some better production take his spot.

Another very disappointing game by Amendola.

Thanks for making this thread, a bit embarrassing to those forum members who said Amendola was going to be a beast for the Pats this season.

I just can't believe we are paying this guy 7 million, I mean at least he's doing more than Ocho did, but think of what we could of done with that money.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I just can't believe we are paying this guy 7 million, I mean at least he's doing more than Ocho did, but think of what we could of done with that money.

You shouldn't believe that because we aren't.

Sections
Shortcuts