Amendola Injury Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Amendola Injury Update

Danny Amendola (groin) was present for the start of Patriots practice Monday, but "wasn't moving well at all."

Per ESPN Boston's Field Yates, Amendola worked "gingerly" through drills and it was "apparent" his groin injury is affecting him. Still, we take it as positive news Amendola was practicing at all because there was never an expectation he'd play in Week 3 against the Bucs. If Amendola can avoid a sports hernia surgery, there's still a chance he only misses two games (including Week 2).

Count me as shocked he's even on the field.... good news I suppose?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Amendola Injury Update

Let him rest, let the rookies and Edelman work it out.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I thought he was in the hospital having a triple sports hernia groin abductor bypass. How could he be on the field??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

You do of course realize that the Patriots and Amendola are super sensitive to the "injury prone" label and are never going to disclose anything about anything.

This smacks of a simple dog and pony show...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i thought he was in the hospital having his legs amputated and replaced by

bionic legs? no ?

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

You do of course realize that the Patriots and Amendola are super sensitive to the "injury prone" label and are never going to disclose anything about anything.

Just a case of BB trying to keep the opposition guessing at Danny's availability.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If they are rushing him back (from the sounds of it they might be) then that's not a good thing. Groin injures are nagging injures that can linger through the year if not properly rested in the first place. It's the same injury he had in the preseason and they didn't rest it enough then. I remember right before the first game he was asked about being injury prone and he took offense to it. If he looks that bad even attempting to get on the field take him off now before he injures it worse. No need to push him back or let him force himself back if he's not healthy. BTW, I take this as bad news if he still looks that injured and they are trying to get back on the field quickly. It means the rooks are developing much slower than they originally thought and are trying to get him back sooner rather than later

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

What is a "sports hernia" anyhow? According what I can find online:

A sports hernia is a strain or tear of any soft tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament) in the lower abdomen or groin area.

So I do not see how having a sports hernia or not would really be different from the original diagnosis.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

If it was something that was so bad, no way he's on the field. Sounds like Jay Glazer was yet again making things up.  The Patriots doctors confirmed there is no sports hernia surgery.

They're probably just trying to see how he is moving, so I wouldn't look to much into it.

The damage has already been done, so it is what it is. I am thinking 4-5 weeks, or at least by Halloween, they'll be making a decision.

That's good news. Where did you find this (link)?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

I thought he was in the hospital having a triple sports hernia groin abductor bypass. How could he be on the field??

This is funny.  I hope it's not true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to FrankDooley's comment:

In response to TexasPat's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

[QUOTE]

Just a case of BB trying to keep the opposition guessing at Danny's availability.

[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't.   BB is not going to jeopardize a player's health for that reason. We all know he ain't playing. PLus, do you really think Schiano is someone who buys into that?

They probably want to see how he looks running or what is rate is so when they monitor his rehab they can track the progress.

[/QUOTE]

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bottom line is he won't be playing and when he does, there's a very very real chance he'll hurt it again (or something else). In March or April he will get a very nice phone call telling him he will be making 4 million less a season or he will be working elsewhere...guaranteed. Too bad, he's a good player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

WEll I heard theres a conflict here in which the team doctor says he doesnt need surgury for sports hernia but his personal doctor says yes he does.So maybe hes going to get a third opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Thanks for laugh!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

WEll I heard theres a conflict here in which the team doctor says he doesnt need surgury for sports hernia but his personal doctor says yes he does.So maybe hes going to get a third opinion.

OK, heres my opinion. If that girl in your avatar showed up dressed just like she is in the picture, he'd have no groin issues whatsoever...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I heard 2 guys tried to kidnap him but he tore away from his abductors.   Somehow the story got reported as an injury.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was able to attend the Patriots practice today and I get a picture of danny while he was there.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts