Amendola Injury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Amendola Injury

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/amendola-iffy-vs-lions-thursday

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Amendola Injury

Is it an "undisclosed injury" or just a day off? I've read both.

Either way, the Patriots so far have been spared from the injury bug (knock on wood) that has plagued many other teams.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

This Amendola thing is a bit of a head scratcher.  He looked healthy as can be when he left the game against Tampa the other day, so I have a hard time believing that it is anything serious.  Likely just a rest day/precaution for a minor ailment.  Let's just keep hoping for health across the board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Well atleast he didnt get hurt before wes. He already has an ankle injury and didnt do much in preseason game. We got 6 catches and a TD before Danny went down, although Im a bit suspicous like Whazzu at to how he got hurt. Im gonna say its either a phantom injury or something happened in practice and they wanna keep it quiet so fans dont panic and jump on the "he cant stay healthy like wes did" wagon.

Another consideration is this. 1st game, Brady makes a point to get the ball to K.T. and build that chemistry. 2nd game , he is clearly looking at Danny and gets 6 catches and a TD and no looks for KT. How much you wanna bet, next week will be used to get in sync with A.Dobson. He will have atleast 5 catches and a TD. This is way to get Brady on page with his WRs in real game action without playing him a whole game. use each game to work in each WR thats expected to contribute. Last week it may be Boyce who I dont think is gonna play a big role this year. He may be inactive most game days and somewhat redshirted.  I think DA is fine though

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's interesting... Apparently he took a hit to the back of the head during the game and there has been speculation of a concussion.  Then a couple of reports come out and at the end of the article they make sure to put in that it isn't a head injury.  Hope it's nothing.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

as long as it's not serious, it's all good. I figure it's just another opportunity for Brady to get his timing down with other potential receivers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Doesn't sound concerning.  DA will be fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

I think that this is a way to get younger receivers working with Brady. Make Brady throw and look for others. DA proved he and Brady are on same page so no need to play him that much. Don't give other teams film to study.

It also manages DA time and health. I am guessing it is very minor and is more of a strategy. But it is only a guess.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Remember when Moss was injured throughout training camp in 07? Remember how he played in week one vs the Jets? I'll be worried when something official comes out. I think they are just being safe with theirbonly decent vet WR.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I think he hurt a thumb or something.. it was one of those catches that he had to stretch for the ball and landed some what awkward..well that's what I think it happend, but no need to panic here or call him injury prone.

" Don't Judge Me Untill You've Become Perfect "

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Remember when Moss was injured throughout training camp in 07? Remember how he played in week one vs the Jets? I'll be worried when something official comes out. I think they are just being safe with theirbonly decent vet WR.

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

You are comparing Amendola to Randy Moss, first ballot Hall of Famer???

So it looks like Amendola is done for the preseason. If he doesn't play preseason game 3 then we all know he isn't playing preseason game 4.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

So it looks like Amendola is done for the preseason. If he doesn't play preseason game 3 then we all know he isn't playing preseason game 4.

[/QUOTE]

So is your precious Welky-poo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

[/QUOTE]

Nope, just bringing up how they have handled preseason injuries in the past. That is one of the reasons why i'm not worried about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

[/QUOTE]

So is your precious Welky-poo.

[/QUOTE]

This is a Patriots forum, Welker now plays for the Bronco's in case you have not noticed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm sure the guy is fine and will be ready for the regular season, but it worries no one that we signed the most injury prone receiver in the NFL to replace the most productive one? I know rusty and maybe truechamp will call me a troll for saying that, but to me this is our whole offseason...this guy...this player...what he can bring. 

I know one thing for sure, I don't want to see the ball going to this guy 10 times a game like we did with Welker. Welker could take that punishment, this guy can't, and I think the offense will be much better off without that style anyway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'm sure the guy is fine and will be ready for the regular season, but it worries no one that we signed the most injury prone receiver in the NFL to replace the most productive one? I know rusty and maybe truechamp will call me a troll for saying that, but to me this is our whole offseason...this guy...this player...what he can bring. 

I know one thing for sure, I don't want to see the ball going to this guy 10 times a game like we did with Welker. Welker could take that punishment, this guy can't, and I think the offense will be much better off without that style anyway.

It shouldn't considering what thompkins, sudfeld, Edelman and Dobson can bring. Amendola shouldn't be over targeted like welker was....hopefully. 

That said, Danny can do things Wes can't as we saw from his td grab in the last preseason game. We should be using him more like that and less like Wes was used in the slot as a human pinball. Save that for Edelman, Vereen and Boyce. Keep Danny away from LBs on those short underneath route and don't over expose him to safety's. 

i want to see more of Dobson and Boyce next 2 games anyway. Let Danny sit and let Brady develop some additional chemistry with these 2. as someone said above, Boyce is a wildcard who could be redshirted...but if he can catch on over the next few weeks, he can also take some pressure off of Danny. Boyce truth be told is the one player on offense, rookie wise, who I am most excited about. He has the perfect build and skills to play slot or out wide. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It's been well documented here with me but this was my only concern with Amendola from the beginning.  If he can stay healthy he will do very well.  If not, it was a disasterous move.  Hopefully it's just a minor ding and he can be back working on his conditioning. The dude looked gassed with the pace Brady was going.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

It's been well documented here with me but this was my only concern with Amendola from the beginning.  If he can stay healthy he will do very well.  If not, it was a disasterous move.  Hopefully it's just a minor ding and he can be back working on his conditioning. The dude looked gassed with the pace Brady was going.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was the thing with Wes, the guy was conditioned superbly. I'm willing to bet Amendola is too - I didn't notice him being gased - but if he was, I'm sure he'll get used to the pace.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

[QUOTE]

It shouldn't considering what thompkins, sudfeld, Edelman and Dobson can bring. Amendola shouldn't be over targeted like welker was....hopefully. 

That said, Danny can do things Wes can't as we saw from his td grab in the last preseason game. We should be using him more like that and less like Wes was used in the slot as a human pinball. Save that for Edelman, Vereen and Boyce. Keep Danny away from LBs on those short underneath route and don't over expose him to safety's. 

i want to see more of Dobson and Boyce next 2 games anyway. Let Danny sit and let Brady develop some additional chemistry with these 2. as someone said above, Boyce is a wildcard who could be redshirted...but if he can catch on over the next few weeks, he can also take some pressure off of Danny. Boyce truth be told is the one player on offense, rookie wise, who I am most excited about. He has the perfect build and skills to play slot or out wide. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree, but I'll tell yeah I don't want Boyce redshirted, this guy looks ready to me. I watched him in camp for a day and he looked like the most versatile receiver we had out there, he was catching stuff from the slot and then he was blowing by people deep. I wouldn't be surprised if ends up being the best of the bunch. A guy I really want to keep an eye on is Thompkins, because this is that time of the summer where guys that get off to great head starts will settle back with group and even get passed.I want to see if that is going to happen to him, or if he's the real deal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

I think that this is a way to get younger receivers working with Brady. Make Brady throw and look for others. DA proved he and Brady are on same page so no need to play him that much. Don't give other teams film to study.

It also manages DA time and health. I am guessing it is very minor and is more of a strategy. But it is only a guess.

This^

Amendola and Brady have shown an obvious and blatent connection, he can sit out the remainder of preseason and be ready for game one.  Now is when you work with the young guys and take a look at free agents who may not make the team but could come back later in the season if the injury bug hits.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yeah that was the thing with Wes, the guy was conditioned superbly. I'm willing to bet Amendola is too - I didn't notice him being gased - but if he was, I'm sure he'll get used to the pace.

I noticed it a few times but the one that really caught my eye and made me wonder if he was struggling with the pace was after the only Brady incompletion where Danny was the target.  They did a close up camera shot of him and he looked winded, like fatigued to the point was was struggling to catch his breath.   I wonder if this had to do with his minor injury.  A couple plays before hand he took a shot to the back of the head.  However, the reports I have seen said this minor injury is not  head injury.  So wait and see I guess.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Never hurts to be cautious, especially in the preseason!

Besides, name a player who does not get dinged up in ANY game?  All someone has to do is punch you in the arm and you get a bruise and it hurts!  Imagine getting "punched" all over your body in an NFL game?  I am certain there are "nagging" injuries to an NFL player that would put the average fan out of commission for days, if not weeks!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree, but I'll tell yeah I don't want Boyce redshirted, this guy looks ready to me. I watched him in camp for a day and he looked like the most versatile receiver we had out there, he was catching stuff from the slot and then he was blowing by people deep. I wouldn't be surprised if ends up being the best of the bunch. A guy I really want to keep an eye on is Thompkins, because this is that time of the summer where guys that get off to great head starts will settle back with group and even get passed.I want to see if that is going to happen to him, or if he's the real deal.

[/QUOTE]

I don't want him redshirted either. I was simply parroting something mentioned earlier by another poster. I agree On Boyce. When he clicks he i think will be the best of the rookie WR hauls.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Just an observation:  timely thread, relevant topic, thoughtful exchanges.  A pleasure to read. Thanks guys.

Sections
Shortcuts