Amendola Plays with Pride

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Amendola Plays with Pride

Recapping the end-around in which he sustained the concussion on a hit by Saints safety Rafael Bush, Amendola was asked if he could have done anything differently. 

"The angle that we hit each other, if I would have gone out of bounds, I would have had to lose yards or go sideways, and I'm not really interested in that ... you're cutting the corner and trying to get as many yards as you can, and really not worried about much else -- you're worried about protecting the ball and flying through there as fast as you can go," he said. 

"It's kind of one of those deals and he kind of just hit me on the button. But I feel fine."

Maybe he should get down quicker or out of bounds, and regardless of his injuries the man plays with heart and gives 100%.  Unfortunately, he's not made of steel.  You still have to respect his desire to help his team win.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Amendola Plays with Pride

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Recapping the end-around in which he sustained the concussion on a hit by Saints safety Rafael Bush, Amendola was asked if he could have done anything differently. 

"The angle that we hit each other, if I would have gone out of bounds, I would have had to lose yards or go sideways, and I'm not really interested in that ... you're cutting the corner and trying to get as many yards as you can, and really not worried about much else -- you're worried about protecting the ball and flying through there as fast as you can go," he said. 

"It's kind of one of those deals and he kind of just hit me on the button. But I feel fine."

Maybe he should get down quicker or out of bounds, and regardless of his injuries the man plays with heart and gives 100%.  Unfortunately, he's not made of steel.  You still have to respect his desire to help his team win.  

[/QUOTE]

no doubt all 8 games a year he plays he goes all out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I absolutely do not question how hard he plays when he is out there. I question whether he has a body that can handle playing that way in the NFL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I guess it could be worse... we could have Nicks who plays with no heart for 9 games a year huh?  I see your point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

you just gotta feel that if all these injuries had occured with St Louis he may have taken his time in returning.

i think he feels he wants to step up and take over the WW role and out do welker actually. this guy is trying to prove it to all the naysayers and i love it.

he made be made of glass but his heart is pure steel.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He's "not worried about much else"?

He ought to plug "I need to stay on the field to help my team" into his equation of "trying to get as many yards as you can + protecting the ball".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He ought to plug "I need to stay on the field to help my team" into his equation of "trying to get as many yards as you can + protecting the ball".

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the coaching staff is getting that message to him by now.  I think he'll better smarter out there.  Well, at least I hope. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you just gotta feel that if all these injuries had occured with St Louis he may have taken his time in returning.

i think he feels he wants to step up and take over the WW role and out do welker actually. this guy is trying to prove it to all the naysayers and i love it.

[/QUOTE]

Last time: He's not here to replace Welker. Amendola is more versatile than Welker.  Amendola can line up on the outside and get separation, Welker cannot.

Just because they are two shorter white dudes, doesn't mean they have the same skill sets.  THere is not a huge size difference there, but there is a difference. Edelman and Amendola are 5'10. Edelman might even be 5'11.

Welker is like 5'8.

It's amazing to me how 2007 brainwashed our fans into thinking we have to have a Moss or a Welker here and to find clones from now until eternity to run an offense with Brady here.

[/QUOTE]

i know all of this russ. have yoou seen him play anywhere but the slot since he's been here? no. he's here to play slot accept it he's welkers replacment. yes he can do more but they want him for the slot

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I guess it could be worse... we could have Nicks who plays with no heart for 9 games a year huh?  I see your point.

[/QUOTE]

seems injuries slow hamper him not lack of heart and effort. As I recall he went about 10-100 in the SB....now where is Danny's ring?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

We could also be 1-6 and be overpaying Cruz and Eli Manning while knowing our GM and coach are done by 2014.

[/QUOTE]

oh Queenie u think Babe Ruth was overpaid

and one thing the Pats will never be accused of is overpaying....hell paying

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Last time: He's not here to replace Welker. Amendola is more versatile than Welker.  Amendola can line up on the outside and get separation, Welker cannot.

Just because they are two shorter white dudes, doesn't mean they have the same skill sets.  THere is not a huge size difference there, but there is a difference. Edelman and Amendola are 5'10. Edelman might even be 5'11.

Welker is like 5'8.

It's amazing to me how 2007 brainwashed our fans into thinking we have to have a Moss or a Welker here and to find clones from now until eternity to run an offense with Brady here.

[/QUOTE]

Man I really hope this is sarcasm ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1. Could not agree more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Unfortunately, he rarely plays with the team . . .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I'd rather see his injuries be the result of his playing 100% to help the team win than not.  At least he does not take any plays off and that would tick folks off here if he did.  Hopefully, coming back this time could mean he's here for the rest of the season.  Fingers crossed!!!  (-;

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

We could also be 1-6 and be overpaying Cruz and Eli Manning while knowing our GM and coach are done by 2014.

[/QUOTE]

oh Queenie u think Babe Ruth was overpaid

and one thing the Pats will never be accused of is overpaying....hell paying

[/QUOTE]

What's wrong Jints? YOUR Gints so succatacious you can't extoll their virtues to the world?...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

He is what he is. Why is it so hard to understand? This conversation is the very definition of insanity yet it's on a continuous loop. Disabled Again IS A VERY VERY GOOD player but he has never nor will ever be a durable contributor. It happens over and over and over and over...he does not stay healthy. Its almost as if, for some, there very manhood is at risk if they acknowledge  this truth. He is what he is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is what he is. Why is it so hard to understand? This conversation is the very definition of insanity yet it's on a continuous loop. Disabled Again IS A VERY VERY GOOD player but he has never nor will ever be a durable contributor. It happens over and over and over and over...he does not stay healthy. Its almost as if, for some, there very manhood is at risk if they acknowledge  this truth. He is what he is.

[/QUOTE]

BUSTCHISE SPEAKS...jets troll

FACED BY BABE...SHAME ON YOU!!!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most players in the NFL give 100% and play with heart.  Most wouldn't be here if they didn't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree, he needs to know which battles to choose.  Welker gets down and only takes the shots he can't avoid, that's how he's stayed healthy as long as he has.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

"Succatacious," huh?  I like that one A LOT!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The more I thought about this the more I am convinced that maybe Danny is just not a very smart player.  You can't get many yards when you are hurt on the bench as well he should know.  He does need to learn how to play smarter if he wants to remain on the field to help this team.

You can chaulk that up to heart or whatever, it's call not knowing how to take care of yourself.  The team pays you a lot of money, you are an investment, you take care of the investment so you can help, not hurt the team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Welker is like 5'8.

Hey Rusty, I still can't believe you are talking garbage about this.  Please show me where Amendola is more versatile then Welker?

Here is some truth for you to suck on.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/03/14/by-the-numbers-welker-and-amendola/

One of the bigger differences is in their usage. Amendola hasn’t been nearly as prolific a receiver from the slot as Welker as the table below shows.

Some might say this bodes well for Amendola adding another dimension to the Patriots offense, but he’s run a higher percentage of his routes from the slot (85.3) than the 73.8 percent Welker has since 2009. And while much is made of him possibly offering a vertical threat the numbers don’t back that up.

Welker can not line up outside and get separation.  LOL!! Um, more lies.  I have not noticed Amendola or Edelman lining up outside and getting separation.  Are you saying you have? 

You continue to make these statements and I continue to call you out on them and prove you wrong.  When are you going to stop with the lies?

Welker is 5'9" Amendola and Edelman are both 5'11".  I don't get your point here?  It really doesn't matter.  Most top CB's are over 6' and the ones who are under 6' aren't going to lose many maychups fighting for the ball with Welker, Amendola, Edelman anyway.  Their height comparison have no meaning at all here.  Just you looking for something, anything to push your agenda.. which of course is flawed anyway.  Where is all your talk about Amendola not being injury prone, and him doing all these wonderful things for the team this season?

I think you should stop trying to fight this fight, you keep getting knocked out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He sure does when he actually gets on the field

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Hard to believe NFL didn't fine Rafael Bush for that blatant head hunter hit to Amendola's head what a crock of shat

http://theadvocate.com/sports/7354191-128/nfl-confirms-jenkins-fine-wont

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

One side says he plays with all heart and pride.

The other says he plays with carelessness and a fragile body.

Both say the same thing:  He gets hurt a lot.

Sections
Shortcuts