Amendola still being sought after?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Amendola still being sought after?

From what I just read on NFL rumors.com The Patriots are still trying to pry Danny Amendola away from the Rams,if true this doesn't sound like Welker is long for this team. Maybe the Patriots are just feeling the Rams out but you have to have room for all these WR's and you can only play 4 at a time! Though I will add that the twin Flanker/SR is a true blitz buster,all TB has to do is see where the blitz is coming from and he knows immediately who is open whether it's Welker or another SR.My guess if Welker is gone he'll be wearing an arrowhead on his helmet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Amendola still being sought after?

Edelman and a 3rd for Amendola followed by a pair of 2nd's in '12/'13 from someone for Wes isn't too bad a haul

Silly that the Pats and Welker can't just come to terms on like a 4/32 type deal

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after?:
    [QUOTE]Edelman and a 3rd for Amendola followed by a pair of 2nd's in '12/'13 from someone for Wes isn't too bad a haul Silly that the Pats and Welker can't just come to terms on like a 4/32 type deal
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

How 'bout the Pats get Armendiola...and then trade Wes Welker to the Bears for Forte? Or, how 'bout the Pats ship Welker to the Rams for RB Steven Jackson and Armendiola? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after? :      How 'bout the Pats get Armendiola...and then trade Wes Welker to the Bears for Forte? Or, how 'bout the Pats ship Welker to the Rams for RB Steven Jackson and Armendiola? 
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

both options fine with me

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

Even with amendola, wes isn't going anywhere.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after? :      How 'bout the Pats get Armendiola...and then trade Wes Welker to the Bears for Forte? Or, how 'bout the Pats ship Welker to the Rams for RB Steven Jackson and Armendiola? 

welker for amendola and steven jackson would be a steal! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from triplestix. Show triplestix's posts

I'm sorry but did you fall on your head recently? Trade Welker ( a guy who had the most catches in the league over the last 4 years) and get a RB who has never performed very well considering the money he is getting paid? Yeah that makes perfect sense. Listen Welker should be given the contract that he deserves, and I think he will get it here with the pats. Just remember what happened with Wilfork two years ago. They used the tag, let him play for the year, and then gave him is big contract. That probably will happen here as well. The fact that they are bringing so many other WRs tells me that they are actually trying to give Brady an outside option, not that they are replacing Welker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: Amendola still being sought after?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after? : I'm sorry but did you fall on your head recently? Trade Welker ( a guy who had the most catches in the league over the last 4 years) and get a RB who has never performed very well considering the money he is getting paid? Yeah that makes perfect sense. Listen Welker should be given the contract that he deserves, and I think he will get it here with the pats. Just remember what happened with Wilfork two years ago. They used the tag, let him play for the year, and then gave him is big contract. That probably will happen here as well. The fact that they are bringing so many other WRs tells me that they are actually trying to give Brady an outside option, not that they are replacing Welker. Posted by triplestix[/QUOTE] I don't think the Welker situation is anything like Wilfork.. BB clearly places more value on the nt / DL position then on a WR. Past signings and extensions back that up . Plus, there are several capable players that could replace the slot production costing a fraction of what Wes would want. My only concern is disrupting the offensive rhythm, but perhaps this is exactly what is needed. I wouldn't trade Wes for forte, but would entertain it for amendola and Jackson for sure. How could you not? I am sure that is a pipe dream, and I don't see a player for player trade here. If anything it will be for picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Why do people think every white guy will be "the next Wes Welker"? I'm not saying you necessarily said that TP but on the earlier Amendola thread it was thrown out and every thread about a white receiver it is mentioned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well though I like Wes Welker,I can't see the Patriots giving him a 3 year deal for any crazy money! I think that with McDaniels having worked with Amendiola it is something they have thought about, as I can see the similarities in Welker and Amendiola,he's younger version of WW.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Why do people think every white guy will be "the next Wes Welker"? I'm not saying you necessarily said that TP but on the earlier Amendola thread it was thrown out and every thread about a white receiver it is mentioned.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that...necessarily or otherwise. It makes no difference to me whether Welker's eventual replacement is white, black, or green...so long as he can play. Armendola has the potential to be an effective replacement: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/845862-danny-amendola-injury-who-are-best-replacement-options-for-injured-rams-wr. Here's more on him: http://nflsoup.com/?p=22699; and http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/16/amendola-could-be-new-englands-new-welker/

I'm not a big Anthony Gonzalez fan...and I've got my doubts about Julian Edelman. I've previously mentioned two other guys as possible replacements...Joe Adams (WR Arkansas) or Devone Bess of the Miami Dolphins (both black).  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If they get Amendola, which I hope they do, then cut Edelman (unless they move him to Defense.. lol) and Gonzalas before the deadline.  Welker and Amendola together would be great.  Neither Edelman or Gonzalas will ever replace Welker.  Amendola could be used all over the place and then take over for Wes in a few years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd trade Welker AND Woodhead for Forte, put the 2.5 million we save into a contract for Yeremiah Bell.

After that spend a 3rd rd pick on Joe Adams. Let Edelman and Gonzalez fight it out for 2nd slot guy spot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I'd trade Welker AND Woodhead for Forte, put the 2.5 million we save into a contract for Yeremiah Bell. After that spend a 3rd rd pick on Joe Adams. Let Edelman and Gonzalez fight it out for 2nd slot guy spot.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I don't see Adams being available when the Pats pick in round 3 (94th overall pick). I see him as a late 2nd-mid 3rd round pick.

I do like the idea of the Pats adding Amendola. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Amendola was considered the Ram's best pass catcher before he went down with the elbow injury - I'd have to say that if we got him Welker would be gone. I wouldn't be surprised if they're considering life without Welker and a younger/cheaper version of Welker would be a great place to start (never mind what you possibly could get for Welker in trade). I love Welker, but at what he's demanding for a contract it might be wise to go in another direction. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Well though I like Wes Welker,I can't see the Patriots giving him a 3 year deal for any crazy money! I think that with McDaniels having worked with Amendiola it is something they have thought about, as I can see the similarities in Welker and Amendiola,he's younger version of WW.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Here's a stats comparison of Welker's first two years in the league with Miami, and Amendola's first two in St. Louis with the Rams:

Welker in Miami
    2005: 29 catches, 434 yards, 0 TDs, 56 percent catch rate
    2006: 67 catches, 687 yards, 1 TD, 67 percent catch rate
    Total punt returns: 127 PR, 9.7 average yards per return, 0 TD

Amendola in St. Louis
    2009: 44 catches, 326 yards, 1 TD, 69 percent catch rate
    2010: 85 catches, 689 yards, 3 TD, 69 percent catch rate
    Total punt returns: 71 PR, 11.4 average yards per return

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after? :      I don't see Adams being available when the Pats pick in round 3 (94th overall pick). I see him as a late 2nd-mid 3rd round pick.      I do like the idea of the Pats adding Amendola. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]Adams has a history with Mallett so I can see trhe connection but if you want a slot guy who can play the WR position as well try T.Y.Hilton. The kid can straight ball. also from several articles and of course reading the Draft blog here on B.com I sense that a lot of folks like Brian Quick from Appalachian ST.,he has the size but will he be just like Price and shrink in the bright lights?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after? : Adams has a history with Mallett so I can see trhe connection but if you want a slot guy who can play the WR position as well try T.Y.Hilton. The kid can straight ball. also from several articles and of course reading the Draft blog here on B.com I sense that a lot of folks like Brian Quick from Appalachian ST.,he has the size but will he be just like Price and shrink in the bright lights?
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Quick has better physical attributes than Price. He's a Moss-like 6'4", can jump through a domed roof for high throws, and has good speed. He, Stephen Hill, and Kendall Reyes appear to be the top deep threats in the draft...though Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd are by far the best overall WRs available.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after? :      Quick has better physical attributes than Price. He's a Moss-like 6'4", can jump through a domed roof for high throws, and has good speed. He, Stephen Hill, and Kendall Reyes appear to be the top deep threats in the draft...though Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd are by far the best overall WRs available.   
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]Yeah I read an article on weei.com that listed his accomplishments(Quick that is) and his statiscal measurements:6'5" 225 lbs former Basketball player who has only played like two years of football,he caught 11 0r 14 TDs last year and had a boatload of YAC! Again the question will be can he handle the big stage or is he an off broadway show?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Amendola still being sought after?": [QUOTE]Edelman and a 3rd for Amendola followed by a pair of 2nd's in '12/'13 from someone for Wes isn't too bad a haul Silly that the Pats and Welker can't just come to terms on like a 4/32 type deal Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE] If the Pats guarantee $25 of it Wes signs today

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Amendola still being sought after?": If the Pats guarantee $25 of it Wes signs today
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]25.00 maybe but I can't see the Patriots guarenteeing 25 mil..Can you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Amendola still being sought after?": [QUOTE]Edelman and a 3rd for Amendola followed by a pair of 2nd's in '12/'13 from someone for Wes isn't too bad a haul Silly that the Pats and Welker can't just come to terms on like a 4/32 type deal Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE] If the Pats guarantee $25 of it Wes signs today

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Amendola still being sought after?": If the Pats guarantee $25 of it Wes signs today
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

The pats would NEVER EVER guarentee 25 mil to ANY WR.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Amendola still being sought after?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after? : 25.00 maybe but I can't see the Patriots guarenteeing 25 mil..Can you? Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE] Of course not, it was sarcasm. But if they franchise him again next year that's approx $22 paid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Amendola still being sought after?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after? :  The pats would NEVER EVER guarentee 25 mil to ANY WR. Posted by xXR3S1NXx[/QUOTE] I don't think Wes accepts anything less than 4/32 with $20 guaranteed. It's not Wes, it's his age that is making it hard. Pats don't want cap issues in year 3 n 4 when Wes is too old to renegotiate

Sections
Shortcuts