Amendola still being sought after?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Amendola still being sought after?

In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after?:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Amendola still being sought after?": I don't think Wes accepts anything less than 4/32 with $20 guaranteed. It's not Wes, it's his age that is making it hard. Pats don't want cap issues in year 3 n 4 when Wes is too old to renegotiate
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

The Pats won't, nor should they, pay him that kind of money. Especially the $20 million guaranteed is far too much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Amendola still being sought after?": Of course not, it was sarcasm. But if they franchise him again next year that's approx $22 paid.
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

If the Pats keep him, this will be his last season as a Patriot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I hate to rain on everyones parade that thinks Welker will get a 4/32 contract from Patriots. The biggest contract you will see is 3/22 with 18 guaranteed. That means he is on the books for the first two years of the deal at about 6 million each.

It also means that he is going to either have to play under his franchise tag or be traded. I think he wants more then that or it would be done already.

Amendola is a player the Pats might go for but the slot is full of potential because with the addition of TE Fells and Hernandez and Gonzales and Edelman you have a full stable of that type of player and I could see them trading him with just who they have in house right now.

I love welker but he isn't worth more then the 3 year 22 mil deal that I believe the Pats top off at and I think they would prefer a 2 yr/16 million dollar deal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to "Re: Amendola still being sought after?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after? :      The Pats won't, nor should they, pay him that kind of money. Especially the $20 million guaranteed is far too much. Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE] Two different comments. Pats won't is one comment Pats shouldn't is another comment. You could see this coming once the first WR signed. S Johnson's contract made signing Wes almost impossible. All the other WR contracts just made it even harder. The only WR contract signed so far that seems out of whack is Lloyd's. I think that speaks volumes about the lack of interest in Lloyd due to his past history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

If the Pats are interested in Amendola, they must act on or before April 20th: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/amendola-back-with-rams-at-least-for-now/article_d697500b-ace9-5bff-b732-322c5767787b.html

There are reasons why Amendola was sighted in Boston, other than to visit the Patriots. His mother lives in Boston, and his father is from Boston. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]     If the Pats are interested in Amendola, they must act on or before April 20th: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/amendola-back-with-rams-at-least-for-now/article_d697500b-ace9-5bff-b732-322c5767787b.html      There are reasons why Amendola was sighted in Boston, other than to visit the Patriots. His mother lives in Boston, and his father is from Boston. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]All the more reason to sign him! What is he a restricted FA?Or is he a tendered FA?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after? : All the more reason to sign him! What is he a restricted FA?Or is he a tendered FA?
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

He's a restricted free agent. He's been offered an amount in conformity with a second round tender. If the Pats want him, they'll have to sign him to an offer sheet by April 20th:  
         "The deadline is April 20 for restricted free agents to receive offer sheets from outside clubs. The Rams put a second-round tender on Amendola, so the Rams get a second-round draft pick if he gets an offer from another club and the Rams decline to match." http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/amendola-back-with-rams-at-least-for-now/article_d697500b-ace9-5bff-b732-322c5767787b.html#ixzz1r0sgdGUM

So...if the Pats sign him to an offer sheet by April 20, the Rams will be given an opportunity to match. If they don't match it, he's a Patriot...and the Pats' 63rd overall pick goes to St. Louis.     

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to "Re: Amendola still being sought after?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Amendola still being sought after? :      He's a restricted free agent. He's been offered an amount in conformity with a second round tender. If the Pats want him, they'll have to sign him to an offer sheet by April 20th:        "The deadline is April 20 for restricted free agents to receive offer sheets from outside clubs. The Rams put a second-round tender on Amendola, so the Rams get a second-round draft pick if he gets an offer from another club and the Rams decline to match." http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/amendola-back-with-rams-at-least-for-now/article_d697500b-ace9-5bff-b732-322c5767787b.html#ixzz1r0sgdGUM      So...if the Pats sign him to an offer sheet by April 20, the Rams will be given an opportunity to match. If they don't match it, he's a Patriot...and the Pats' 63rd overall pick goes to St. Louis.      Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE] I like amendola, but perhaps if the pats wanted a receiver to replace Wes, they could draft one at 62 or later instead at a lower price than amendola. This years draft is full of receiving talent all the way through round 4. At 62 +>, there are a number of options.