1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: Amendola The worst signing by the Pats, considering the cost, ever

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

We traded the Patterson pick away for picks that produced Collins, Ryan, and Boyce, plus a seventh round pick that was eventually part of the Blount deal.  Now I like Collins and Ryan, but I think we could have gotten them in other ways,

[/QUOTE]

This is insane.  If Collins and Ryan sucked then everyone would be whining about how we traded Patterson for them.  If they don't suck "we could have gotten them anyways".  Basically you can spin the trade down as a bad deal no matter the outcome.  Great.

[/QUOTE]

If you draft Patterson, you would likely have to forgo three middle round players from the group that included Collins, Dobson, Ryan, Harmon, and Boyce.  The question really comes down to weighing the value of five mid rounders against one top rounder and two mid rounders. You would have lost a seventh round pick too, but in the seventh round you're dealing with guys who are very likely available as UDFAs if you don't draft them. 

I understand the fact that having a few extra picks in the mid rounds is good since many of those mid rounders are going to bust-out and more picks gives you better odds of finding a good guy, but at the same time I've seen an awful lot of Belichick's mid rounders end up on the cutting floor. 

[/QUOTE]

I would rather have our haul than Patterson alone. Ryan, Collins will be good. Dobson and Boyce should be decent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Amendola The worst signing by the Pats, considering the cost, ever

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amendola caught 67% of his targets, he improved Brady's completion % for the year. Maybe he should have had more then 1 target yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

Yep.  Brady wasn't all that accurate or good yesterday.  That's the bottom line.

[/QUOTE]

He would have to have scored on every time he had the ball to keep up with the Bronco. Given the amount of time he actually had the ball he was good yesterday.

3. This post has been removed.