Amendola update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Amendola update

New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola completely tore the adductor longus tendon in his groin in the team's Week 1 victory over the Buffalo Bills, two league sources told Yahoo Sports.

[...]

Doctors often treat chronic groin pain by snipping the adductor longus – one of the muscles in the groin – from the pubic bone. Since Amendola's tendon ruptured, he essentially did the doctors' work for them, eliminating the need for surgery during the season. It also means he has a faster recovery time than if he had a groin operation.

Normal recovery time, even without surgery, is anywhere from two to six weeks. League sources said Amendola is healing faster than that, at a pace closer to three to four, which means he might play as soon as next Sunday at Atlanta.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: Amendola update

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:

New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola completely tore the adductor longus tendon in his groin in the team's Week 1 victory over the Buffalo Bills, two league sources told Yahoo Sports.

[...]

Doctors often treat chronic groin pain by snipping the adductor longus – one of the muscles in the groin – from the pubic bone. Since Amendola's tendon ruptured, he essentially did the doctors' work for them, eliminating the need for surgery during the season. It also means he has a faster recovery time than if he had a groin operation.

Normal recovery time, even without surgery, is anywhere from two to six weeks. League sources said Amendola is healing faster than that, at a pace closer to three to four, which means he might play as soon as next Sunday at Atlanta.

That's great, if that's the case.  Personally, though, I would rather they proceed cautiously with him.  Even if he is cleared to go, I don't think it would hurt to give him a little extra time.  If we get Gronkowski back this week, I think that should reduce the need to rush Amendola back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Dude, no offense...This is old news. The real update is that he doesn't need surgery and it's not torn from the bone, which means he can't damage it anymore.

We won't see him this week or maybe even next week.  Rest and treatment with him going through the motions with reps in practice.

There is no real update from that.

oh sorry dude

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I think this one is newer

UPDATE: Tuesday, Sept. 24

The Boston Globe's Shalise Manza Young confirms Danny Amendola continues to make progress during his recovery and sheds light on his potential return to the field:

There still is not a date for his return, but a league source said Monday that Patriots receiver Danny Amendola is “progressing very well” as he recovers from torn groin muscles.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think this one is newer

UPDATE: Tuesday, Sept. 24

The Boston Globe's Shalise Manza Young confirms Danny Amendola continues to make progress during his recovery and sheds light on his potential return to the field:

There still is not a date for his return, but a league source said Monday that Patriots receiver Danny Amendola is “progressing very well” as he recovers from torn groin muscles.

Thanks. NOW that is a true update from what we already knew.

I am hoping for NOs in a few weeks. I think that is realistic for that kind of a tear.

[/QUOTE]

yeah, I agree with you the game against NO is more realistic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bill Belichick laying in the weeds! Not only does he sign a productive slot guy, but the guys he signs actually save us money and time by having their own muscles tear from the bone, rather than having a surgeon do it. That's value right there folks. Thanks Bill Belichick. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[...]

TMI!  I got pains in my groins just reading this!  OUCHAAAA!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I'll believe he's okay when he gets on the field and catches passes from TB during actual games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Bill Belichick laying in the weeds! Not only does he sign a productive slot guy, but the guys he signs actually save us money and time by having their own muscles tear from the bone, rather than having a surgeon do it. That's value right there folks. Thanks Bill Belichick. 

You made a funny.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Won't play this week, probably will play against MIA.

(Edit) I mean Cincinnata.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Now that was a good one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

+1

With all the time BB spends lying in the weeds I'll bet he'd be great at duck hunting.   Maybe he can do a cameo on Duck Dynasty in the off-season.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Sounds like the old self induced triple sports hernia groin abductor bypass was a success.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

I'm so glad Danny A. and his injured groin are on the Pats.  If were lucky we might get a couple of games out of him.

After watching Welker last night in Denver with his 84 yds and 1 td, I'm glad we didn't keep this too durable productive player.  Much better too speculate on Amendola's groin.

Loved WW but he dropped another TD pass that hit him up around the neck.  If you watched the game you saw PM cringe right afterwards.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

So does all this essentially mean that when he gets back on the field he won't actually be 100%?  That he will need surgery after the season's over?

Anyone have any idea how this kind of injury will affect his ability to run routes and make cuts?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

I'm so glad Danny A. and his injured groin are on the Pats.  If were lucky we might get a couple of games out of him.

After watching Welker last night in Denver with his 84 yds and 1 td, I'm glad we didn't keep this too durable productive player.  Much better too speculate on Amendola's groin.

Keep in perspective that Welker had 84 yards and 1 TD against the Oakland Raiders who are about as good as Fresno State.   If the Pats played the Raiders last night, they could have coaxed Vrabel out of retirement to play slot WR and he would have put up better numbers because he'd throw 3 tacklers off him wth one arm and gain more yards after the catch. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

lol...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[/QUOTE]

TMI!  I got pains in my groins just reading this!  OUCHAAAA!

[/QUOTE]

I was squirming a bit also. Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It’s quite evident Welker is already becoming Manning’s Binky.  BWAH HAA HA, they’re really screwed now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

It’s quite evident Welker is already becoming Manning’s Binky.  BWAH HAA HA, they’re really screwed now.

LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Is that an injured free agent I could nab?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Anyway you slice it, those who feared this guy is a china doll were right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Love Welker too, but the Pat's are getting ok production from Edleman.  Heck, he has 20 receptions to Welker's 19 on the season.  The Pats miss the two tight end production the most.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Love Welker too, but the Pat's are getting ok production from Edleman.  Heck, he has 20 receptions to Welker's 19 on the season.  The Pats miss the two tight end production the most.

Most definitely.  With any luck, that all changes this Sunday in Atlanta.

Sections
Shortcuts