Amendola update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Amendola update

Just imagine if lil wes didnt think he was a # 1 and tried to get paid. He may STILL be here and with the new additions working outside and gronk returning, wouldnt THAT be the offense weve been asking for??

I put this ALL on Wes. I was on record over 3 years ago as saying this guy wont sniff # 1 WR receiver money and you guys kept pointing to amount of catches. Sooo. I said slots are replacable. Edleman has filled the role. Some were even saying this offense wouldnt get a 1st down. Randy Moss got paid 9mill/year and that was a discount he gave us. He could have got more. If we capped out with Randy at 9million after he caught 23 TDs! Why did you all think Wes was gonna get paid averaging 3 TDs a year?  It never made sense and he probably read THIS board and got that bloated opinion of his worth. Now we are going thru our struggles while he and Manning are dazzling the league right? Sure, lets see where both teams are at by years end. Wes made his Bed, let him lay in it.

He is and HIS agent are the only reason he isnt here. He settled for 6 when 8 was on the table last year. Dumb!

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

I'm so glad Danny A. and his injured groin are on the Pats.  If were lucky we might get a couple of games out of him.

After watching Welker last night in Denver with his 84 yds and 1 td, I'm glad we didn't keep this too durable productive player.  Much better too speculate on Amendola's groin.

Sigh. You are being redundant and boring. If Welker wanted to stay he would have. He ran his mouth and Bill didn't like that and he slapped Wes around everytime he did. So Wes took the money and ran and ran to a pretty good team, good for him. But to say "we" let him go is B  S.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Will you freakin stop with the Gronk story....I killed the story dead on from day one and continue to do so...

I took you and your side kick Broomhilda to the wood shed repeatedly on the story...

It wasn't even close.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

At this point, I'm just going to assume that Amendola is too injured to be effective until I see him on the field, looking healthy, and proving otherwise.  Hopefully that will be sooner than later, but I'm not holding my breath.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Will you freakin stop with the Gronk story....I killed the story dead on from day one and continue to do so...

I took you and your side kick Broomhilda to the wood shed repeatedly on the story...

It wasn't even close.

Who is Broomhilda?  

You did not kill the story did. You said his career was in jeopardy and he might be on death's door with the infection.

You're not a doctor.

Go back and look at the record...it's there and intact, and right on the money. You find anything in the record not factual...post it up ....be my guest...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

It wasn't even close.

Who is Broomhilda?  

You did not kill the story did. You said his career was in jeopardy and he might be on death's door with the infection.

You're not a doctor.

Go back and look at the record...it's there and intact, and right on the money. You find anything in the record not factual...post it up ....be my guest...

Don't wast your time.  He isn't worth the keystrokes.  He drinks all day and posts here as you can tell from his posts.  He has no idea what he is talking about.  He is a fraud.                       

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I honestly could care less about when he comes back because the longer he is out, the more likely the young guys are going to improve. I say that now, but if we're down by 20 points at halftime to Atlanta I might change my mind.

I want Amendola to run out there at 100%...Gronk too. In the mean time I want these young receivers to develop. Take a guy like Dobson for example, if Amendola was healthy, do you think he even plays after his performance in that Jet's game? I bet they would of sat him for weeks - instead he was forced to be out there against the Bucs on Sunday and totally redeemed himself. These are the guys that are going to win us a Super Bowl...not a double covered Amendola in the slot, with 4 other guys standing around not knowing what to do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

You can't say Amendola (even Edelman) won't be that good at being sneaky. You're an engineer. You know better than to compare an outcome when the input variables have different values (in this case the TE position).

As an engineer I can compare an outcome with known variables with some unknown provide we use current/past and not future variables during calculations. At this point (the point he's arguing) what we know is Amendola isn't playing (hard to be sneaky when you aren't on the field) and the RZ % has dropped with Edelman on the field (Brady is having to hold to ball longer than he clearly was before in single TE and spread sets at goal line compared to previous years). Those are the knowns in this equation in which Welker did find ways to get open which Edelman hasn't found yet. BTW, engineers use best estimate methods all the time because for the most part you can't know all the variables or have direct comparisons. That's why we use things like predictive modeling and LaPlace calculations.

You really want to bring in Laplace transforms into this conversation? Maybe helpful in predicting/ modeling other things... not better at predicting football performance.

It boils down to simple logic. Your statement is this...

"There's also the RZ % that has drastically dropped. Now the lose of Gronk and Hern has a good chunk to do with that but Welker was also sneaky good at getting open and finding the goal line. It's actually hard to argue the opposite."

So tell me when, during his stay with the Pats, WW had to consistently get open and find the goal line with none of Gronk, Hern and/or Moss on the field?

You think you know that Welker would have fared better, but the truth is you don't because Welker never has had to make a lot of plays without other big threats opening up the field for him. You can speculate. But that is all it is - a speculation.

And for that matter, it does not matter whether they are in the RZ or not.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts