Amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Amendola

Tough loss, but this gives the rookies time to get acclimated. Would rather have some adversity early in the season, than late.

Not having Amendola on the field isn't a good thing, but this could potentially be a blessing in disguise. I'm not terribly concerned, and I look forward to seeing how the team responds. 

Let's go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

This Amendola signing is one more STUPID STUPID signings by the Patriots.  Their concept of signing "questionable" players for "cheap" outs has caught up with them.  They truly deserve the worst.  Today, right now, tonight this team has one proven commodity on offense and that's TB who on the negative side is getting older and therefore prone to injury.  

As much as I like Tim Tebow that also was a STUPID signing and obviously you can label the Hernandez 40m signing as also STUPID!  And on top of all that they choose not to manage the game and activities of Gronkowski.

As was the case years ago, they are back to being an embarassment to the NFL.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to bingobilly's comment:

This Amendola signing is one more STUPID STUPID signings by the Patriots.  Their concept of signing "questionable" players for "cheap" outs has caught up with them.  They truly deserve the worst.  Today, right now, tonight this team has one proven commodity on offense and that's TB who on the negative side is getting older and therefore prone to injury.  

As much as I like Tim Tebow that also was a STUPID signing and obviously you can label the Hernandez 40m signing as also STUPID!  And on top of all that they choose not to manage the game and activities of Gronkowski.

As was the case years ago, they are back to being an embarassment to the NFL.

Troll,

Has it a bringing in Tebow as a 3rd QB in camp a "stupid signing"? No money was guaranteed and he's gone.

BB always keeps 2 QBs.

What a moron you are.  Bad troll work too.

Get a grip, the fact that Tebow was even on the field was stupid.  What exactly do you think they were going to do with him - answer: an amateur attempt at disaster recovery (Hernandez...).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Well maybe if BB stopped shopping at the bargain basement for damaged, distressed, and discontinued merchandise....... we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Or is it under rocks in the weeds?  OH well, carry on team..

Gooooooooo Defense!

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

Dude, why are you always so miserable? 

And bargain shopping?  Danny got more than Wes was offered.  Obviously that isn't looking good right now but who knows how it will pay off down the stretch?  If Danny is healthy in the playoffs and actually catches a pass when it matters (like he showed last Sunday) unlike somebody we know, then the choice was a good one.  We shall see.

Yes, he gave tons of money to an always injured player and threw away a perfectly good one..   That's brilliant.

Welker was not the only one to drop passes.  If I remember correctly there were 7 drops in that game.

If you are happy with having a converted QB as the #1 receiver and rookies who have never caught a pass or one that collected a whopping 28% as your starting line-up then, good for you.  Some of us aren't.

And now, of all things, we have to rely on the D to win games.

Sorry but you "everything's coming up roses" guys, have a rude awakening.

And I wish I were wrong.

Some of us think we need a real GM.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Well maybe if BB stopped shopping at the bargain basement for damaged, distressed, and discontinued merchandise....... we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Or is it under rocks in the weeds?  OH well, carry on team..

Gooooooooo Defense!

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

Dude, why are you always so miserable? 

And bargain shopping?  Danny got more than Wes was offered.  Obviously that isn't looking good right now but who knows how it will pay off down the stretch?  If Danny is healthy in the playoffs and actually catches a pass when it matters (like he showed last Sunday) unlike somebody we know, then the choice was a good one.  We shall see.

He's probably angry he got married and is miserable from that.  Lots of those types here.  Just miserable, miserable people, so they come here to vent and transpose their anger in life, to us here.

Miserable from being married.  NOT!  It sure beats BB bu dolls.  You should try it.

That is, if you could get a guy or gal to be in a room with you for more than  the 3 seconds it would take for you to consummate the marriage..

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In seasons past we've cruised throught 10 weeks seemingly unbeatable only to have the wheels fall off at the end with injuries to crucial players. If someone is going to get hurt, rather now that later. Take advantage of the soft early schedule and come back as the team to beat in the 2nd half. Seems like Baltimore was decimated early last year only to get a healthy Reed and Lewis back for another SB run. ...............................i

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

..............maybe just maybe by forcing BB and Brady to use their young receivers early, we might actually develop one............not to mention the chemisty gained by seasons end.

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Cripes. Amendola- injury prone as advertised.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

As many have said the Silver lining is that the rooks will get playing time and Brady will be forced to develop people. I don't mind they signed Amendola, they let Welker walk, they cut Lloyd what I'm pissed at is that knowing Amendola is injury prone they didn't get a proper backup #2/3 type of WR. As we can see now they could have had both Amendola and Welker (flexing both inside and out) or spent a little more to ensure they got a guy they wanted in Sanders or singed a host of others like Walters or Hayward-Bey. Instead they went into the season hedging all the beats on Amendola and their only other pickups was a JAG named Hawkins, Molasses Jenkins (names so after major knee injures), and another injury prone wonder Jones. All they had to do is get a durable solid vet and this wouldn't be an issue and here they are sitting on $13.5mil. Someone want to explain to me what good that does right now?

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sadly some will dismiss this as another"freak" injury. "It's not like his injuries are chronic medical issues....just freak accidents" some said. Nonsense. He is prone to injury. Be it genetics, luck, style...I don't know But it's real.

sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade. He is talented but can not be counted on. Past, present and probably future.

those who chided wes welker as he walked out the door should remember one thing ...he didn't limp out.

Sadly?  Because some happen to view the situation differently than you do?  No disrespect but I view that as one of the best things about being a fan.  If we all saw it the same way what a pathetically dull forum this would be. 

You may be right.  Danny may be a disaster or perhaps not.  I choose to wait and see how things unfold over the season before I decide he was a mistake.

[/QUOTE

"sadly" was probably a poor choice. It sounded elitist. Putin-esque even. For the record I don't think Danny will be a " disaster" nor did I insinuate that. I believe the games he plays in he will be  dominant.  I stated that he is talented--when on the field and for an entire season.  He has shown no such ability thus far in his career.  Based on the theory that past performance predicts future performance I can only deduce that he will miss significant time each year until proven otherwise. I think he is as talented(maybe even more) then WW---I just cannot buy into something based on hope and speculation. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

didnt take long did it I applaud his toughness hopefully he comes back earleir but we know what we were gettign into when we signed him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to irishfanatic's comment:

Pity about being injury prone because the guy can sure make plays. One thing you have to admire with WW, he could take some amount of hits and just bounce right back, hard as nails.                    

/x/details.png /x/bookmark.png

I always wondered if the reason why his drop rate skyrocketed the last 2 years if it was because he was playing hurt, especially towards the end of the year.

WOuld explain why he would disappear in the postseason.

All I care about is health in January for this team. It's killed us a ton since 2007.   

Well the problem is that guy (Wes) helped get them to the playoffs and we have a guy (Amendola) who may not contribute enough to help us get there...that's a problem. I think the guy is a great player - I also think his body can't do it (same for Edelman) - it's not that he's not tough or doesn't have heart...it's that he can't do it...he's not built for it. This signing was a big big gamble, and I think it was a mistake.

Of course you think it was a mistake. You think everything BB does is a mistake.  In fact, you have an entire clique here who wants to play the I told ya so game every Sept. When Gronk returns, it will help take a lot of pressure off these rooks. Just need to get through this game here.

Wouldn't it be funny if Dobson or Boyce broke out tonight?  

I will laugh my balls off if Amendola is making plays by midseason and helping us get to a SB, not dropping key 3rd downs.

I will also laugh my balls off if Welkie gets hurt. Love what he did here, but he didn't realize it wasn't about him.

The media loves to rush to the "I told you BB was wrong" table.  In the end, we'll see who was right.

LOL!

I actualy laughed when you wrote "I'll laugh my balls off", and I don't know why, it's not like I've never heard the phrase before.

Yeah - here's the thing - I hope you're right, but usually you aren't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

oh 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Anyone who thought Amendola was going to replace Welker needs to give their head a shake. Welker's shoes are way to big to fill for a fragile player like Amendola. My grandmother is more durable than Amendola. Overall a terrible signing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeritasMD. Show VeritasMD's posts

Gronk is hurt as often as Amendola.  They are two of the most fragile players in the NFL. 

Seriously, we'll be lucky to get 8 games from them combined. 

Hard to believe, but our 2013 hopes lie with Sudfeld, Thompkins, and Dobson.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Boy, glad we got rid of  a guy who plays 16 a year! Amendola = fragile!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to darwk's comment:

Cripes. Amendola- injury prone as advertised.

Cant say that the greatBB didn't know this, he only missed 20 out of first 32 games of career!  Geez!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Forget Amendola. If Edelman can generate 80% of WW's firdt down output, Amendola is bonus.

Boyce, Dobson and KT have to step it up.

They need TEs too.

Sections
Shortcuts