Amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re: Amendola

As long as he stays healthy, he will PUSH memories of Welker out of our heads.......He is bigger , faster, stronger and every bit the route runner WW is...........his only knock as we all know is durability..........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

As long as he stays healthy, he will PUSH memories of Welker out of our heads.......He is bigger , faster, stronger and every bit the route runner WW is...........his only knock as we all know is durability..........

Better as a wide out too

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Health makes wealth...  a "wealth" of success for the Pats.  Many here felt Amendola would push Welker out of the picture given his skill sets.  As this team gets healthier on O, it will be great to offset all the injuries that are befalling the D.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

I was impressed when I saw him catch that long pass where he carried it down to about the 10 yard line, and ran out of bounds instead of trying to take on the two defenders closing in on him.  Just made me think he's learning to protect himself, which should help him stay healthier longer.

Yes, I am one of those who has been very concerned about his ability to stay on the field.  It was great to see him out there making plays.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

As long as he stays healthy...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

LMAO!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Please don't equate Amendola's less than a half season output to the sum of Welker's total tenure here.....it ain't even close.

Amendola's still not 100%, and until he can survive in this league without continually being hurt, I'll applaud him but remain skeptical untill he has a 2-3 year sevice record under his belt.

Not personal...strickly business. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Welker has been lucky to have played with such good talent around him for almost his entire career.

You mean like Tom Brady?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Wes Welkers numbers here were super star numbers,,,any denial of this is simply ignorance on display.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WelkWe00.htm

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

An amazing 6 year run...nothing against Amendola but he's played in less than 6 total games here. He's got a long way to go to reach what Wes accomplished here...a long way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Even Brady's getting over Welker, why are you ladies still crying over him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No one is equating that at all.  The discussion is about how Amendola's skill set is more dynamic than Welker's which is a fact. Welker is slower, has less range and has a higher drop rate.

Welker is limited and would never been outrunning DBs into the end zone like that.  He's a 15 yard route runner and under kind of WR, sometimes able to score TDs from underneath.

His drop rate is also higher.  The facts were posted here back in March.  Welker has been lucky to have played with such good talent around him for almost his entire career.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ahh, probably not. He had a good game, but welker here has had many good games. If Danny can string multiple games together, good games, maybe repost. But otherwise, 1 good game doesn't compare to welkers legacy here..not even close.

now, talent wise, yes, Danny has a different skill set that is much needed here. we saw for the first time yesterday what a "healthy" Gronk, Danny and Dobson can do playing together. the ding on Danny is not his skill Russ, its his ability to hold up to injury and play week to week. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

You would be assuming that Brady is over the Welker situation?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Danny is a bit bigger and at this point probably has a bit more top end speed, but he hasn't been as reliable (which was probably Wes' greatest skillset here in NE).  I think the idea behind the deal was more about age than anything.  The hope was that Danny would still be catching passes while Wes is sitting on a beach somewhere enjoying his retirement.  Obviously not the best start, but it could still turn out okay depending on how everything comes together.  Pretending that to this point NE has come out ahead though is a bit much.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Umm, I am pretty sure he looks as good as Welker ever did here.  I realize one of those plays was a broken coverage, but he's showing no signs of the groin injury holding him up.  That is what impressed me the most.  He's cutting and exploding out of his breaks very nicely.

Frustrating first half for him, but the way he's able to line up on the outside and still be targeted.  Good stuff.

you are impressed most by his good health?  Wow.  that's a low bar. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Like all you BB doubters, I'm sure Brady was upset at not having his binkie at the start of the season, but Brady is about to see why Belichick is a genius at what he does.

600 yards without your most athletic player on offense? Imagine how scary good the O will be when 4.3, hands like a WR Vareen returns to the fold. 

Brady smiled on Sunday, he's been a sour puss all season. I think he's starting to live with the idea that #83 isn't here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Like all you BB doubters, I'm sure Brady was upset at not having his binkie at the start of the season, but Brady is about to see why Belichick is a genius at what he does.

600 yards without your most athletic player on offense? Imagine how scary good the O will be when 4.3, hands like a WR Vareen returns to the fold. 

Brady smiled on Sunday, he's been a sour puss all season. I think he's starting to live with the idea that #83 isn't here.

I'll say this once,,,and once only...don't EVER lump me in again as a BB doubter....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Umm, I am pretty sure he looks as good as Welker ever did here. 

Based off of 23 receptions through 9 week as a Patriot you come up with this??

Reaction GIF: laugh, Ken Jeong, Community

You are a joke!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As you can see, his hand is fine, too. It was all hogwash.  Media hogwash.

His hand is fine.  The hands of the guys he's been throwing to, lead by a kick returner, are less than desireable if the goal is victory.

Now that he has a couple of guys who are NFL quality pass catchers, his skills can be used properly.  Needless to say, Belichick's early season cheap-out experiment with garbage was a collosal disaster.  They won on the heels of the greatest QB in team history and some luck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

You are seriously dense. The difference is that Amendola looked like Welker for ONE GAME and Welker looked like Welker for SIX CONSECUTIVE SEASONS.

Get a life dude.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Needless to say, Belichick's early season cheap-out experiment with garbage was a collosal disaster.

You're right.  It is needless to say because the team won 7 of 9 games.  That Belichick guy is so lucky.  Lucked himself into 100+ games over 500.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I opened this thread with certain expecations and have not been at all surprised.  Until Amendola has a body of work to demonstrate that he is a capable replacement for WW, the dead horse will continue to be beaten.  On the other hand, it doesn't seem to make a great deal of sense to me to berate Amendola while the guy is on the field and being productive.  4 catches for 122 yards and a TD is pretty respectable but probably a bit more from a yardage perspective than we should expect game in and game out.  How about we give the guy credit where it's due and leave the overall performance assessment for season's end? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

You are seriously dense. The difference is that Amendola looked like Welker for ONE GAME and Welker looked like Welker for SIX CONSECUTIVE SEASONS.

Get a life dude.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'll say this once,,,and once only...don't EVER lump me in again as a BB doubter....

Fair enough.

Sections
Shortcuts