Amendola

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Amendola

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PatsEng... the Homers are never going to admit this. 

LOL at the first few weeks when Edelman was having production and the homers were on here with the Edelman > Welker talk..... Where is that talk now?  What has Edelman done on offense lately?  Not much.  Welker continues to be productive week in and week out, moving the chains and scoring TD's.  But who would want that.

LOL at all the Amendola talk before the season and partly through game 1 then he is hurt 2x and has done very little in the past 7 weeks.  Has a good game yesterday with 4 catches 122 yards with 34 of those from blown coverage.  Now the Welker talk comes up again, lol!  Why not wait until Amendola can do that week in and week out for a complete season, with and without Gronk in there.

It's embarrassing to have so many homer fans.

[/QUOTE]

Yoooooo!  That was my thread and it started with me saying Edelman is not really better than Welker.  I was just selling the fact that Edelman does have great ability, and I said it was a thread that was for appreciation of Edelman.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yoooooo!  That was my thread and it started with me saying Edelman is not really better than Welker.  I was just selling the fact that Edelman does have great ability, and I said it was a thread that was for appreciation of Edelman.  

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't singling out you or any 1 thread specifically.  There have been several of these type threads the past 9 weeks, but they have died down now that Edelmans production on offense has died down too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't singling out you or any 1 thread specifically.  There have been several of these type threads the past 9 weeks, but they have died down now that Edelmans production on offense has died down too.

[/QUOTE]

Look no way is any player able to play the slot like Welker did.  It just won't happen.  However, Edelman did a great job of filling the role when Welker and then Amendola weren't around.  Still Edelman is arguable the best punt returner the Patriots have ever had and can play the slot in a pinch.

I would say his numbers have dropped because Amendola is playing again, and of course Gronk now healthy.  If Brady targets Edelman heavy I think those numbers would increase as well.  Now he was Gronk, Amen, and Dobson playing well so the targets are going to be way down.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edelman can't get open like Gronkowski or Amendola. If the opposing d keys on him he is out of the game. Now I like him as the Punt returner and occasional receiver .He is a good player though. But the illusion he could replace Welker is crazy. Edelman can return punts and I would have him return kickoffs as well. Blount is to slow he can break tackles, doesn't have the shifty moves to break it. Now that I said that watch him return one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are we ripping Edelman for admirably filling in when he was forced to?  I see nothing in the guy's game that leads me to think he can't be a productive NFL WR.  He will be heard from again this year.   

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I see it ripping him. He did a admirable job and as a punt returner he's great. He's a decent 4th WR option who can give you games in spurts when need be but he's not a starting caliber WR and most certainly not a WW replacement. I think this is more ripping on the one(s) who thought Edelman was just as good if not better than Welker after the first couple weeks. He is what he is, a #4 WR who brings great ST value and ability to play ironman in a pinch. I wanted him resigned way back in Feb and people thought I was nuts esp after they signed Amendola saying it was redundant. Now these same people were saying that Edelman was a Welker replacement. Little hard to sit on the sidelines after the beating I got back in march over the offseason moves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Are we ripping Edelman for admirably filling in when he was forced to?  I see nothing in the guy's game that leads me to think he can't be a productive NFL WR.  He will be heard from again this year.   

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I see it ripping him. He did a admirable job and as a punt returner he's great. He's a decent 4th WR option who can give you games in spurts when need be but he's not a starting caliber WR and most certainly not a WW replacement. I think this is more ripping on the one(s) who thought Edelman was just as good if not better than Welker after the first couple weeks. He is what he is, a #4 WR who brings great ST value and ability to play ironman in a pinch. I wanted him resigned way back in Feb and people thought I was nuts esp after they signed Amendola saying it was redundant. Now these same people were saying that Edelman was a Welker replacement. Little hard to sit on the sidelines after the beating I got back in march over the offseason moves.

[/QUOTE]
     He couldn't be a starting slot recievers? I don't know Why
    I always wanted him back  and then you add ST and even an emergency DB he is very valuable

I am glad we have him

We should always remember that game plan, players are week to week for skill positions, except for QB and Gronk

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He couldn't be a starting slot recievers? I don't know Why
    I always wanted him back  and then you add ST and even an emergency DB he is very valuable

I am glad we have him

We should always remember that game plan, players are week to week for skill positions, except for QB and Gronk

[/QUOTE]

He's good in spurts but he can't consistently get open or perform. After week 4 his recs have be on a downward spiral. Last week he had 4 looks and 1 rec on 53 snaps? Heck, the last 2 weeks he's had 6 looks for 3 recs on 86 snaps. Starting caliber players find ways to get more involved then just to used as a blocker in the running game. Esp this past sat with such an explosive outboast of O he couldn't get more than 1 rec with the D concentrating on Amendola, Dobson, and Gronk? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Fully agree with your assessment on Edelman. He came on strong at the beginning of the season because of the injury to Amendola... just like he did a few seasons ago when Welker went down in Week 16. It was a result of the system and the slot position here, where receivers have traditionally flourished. When a receiver gets that many targets in the short middle of the field, he's going to produce. Welker was (and is) simply better than Edelman, and I doubt many would argue that. Edelman's dip in production can also be attributed to more game tape and defensive adjustments. Before someone chimes in and claims they could have studied tape from prior seasons, keep in mind that the offensive system and emphasis on multiple receiver sets rather than two TE sets is essentially new this year and wasn't as prominent in recent years (when Edelman first came here). 

And just getting the thread back to Amendola, for what it's worth, essentially you have player A with a similar skill set to player B except with slightly less top-end speed (meaning less versatility allegedly), but who would routinely be healthier than player B. I'd take player A, as that reliability is certainly part of the overall value indicator of a given player. Of course, this is assuming similar salary implications, contract length, etc. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Amendola actually ran out of bounds in the steelers game instead of taking on extra contact like Adrian Peterson - that's another positive sign

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I still got mixed feelings about it. I was on board with the change but have soured due to all his injury questions coming to fruition within  a week of him playing. I didnt like how he said he is still gonna play 100 miles an hour and if Im paying him I would sit him down. Its one thing to be fearless and another to be dumb. He is toeing the line IMO.  Get your yards and GET DOWN!

Yea he has made an appearance and looks good but im worried about the 5 year deal and how much he is gonna play within that time. If he is gonna play x amount of games yearly and be a tease, I would rather cut bait after the season. Dont know how I feel about this. He is a much needed weapon but unreliable to date and thats more of a problem when u depend on him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Why is it a surprise to anyone that with Gronk and Amendola on the field, Edleman's targets would decrease?  Edleman makes the vet minimum and deserves a raise.  The guy is the Swiss Army knife that BB always has on the roster.

Brady only has one ball to throw!  When Brady starts playing with two balls, Julien will be on the receiving end as much as he ever was.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

All Amendola has to do is stay healthy.

All these wideouts are going to look better with Gronk on the field playing more and more like the Gronk before the injuries.

Actually, they already have looked better.

It looks like Brady is gaining more confidence in Dobson and that will only help his developement.  

For me, this has been a fun year so far.  Week to week, you don't know what you're gonna get with this offense or defense with all the injuries and turnover.  

Yet, they keep on winning.  

I can't complain. I'm enjoying the heck out of this and I think this team has as good a chance as any to go deep into the playoffs.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All Amendola has to do is stay healthy.

All these wideouts are going to look better with Gronk on the field playing more and more like the Gronk before the injuries.

Actually, they already have looked better.

It looks like Brady is gaining more confidence in Dobson and that will only help his developement.  

For me, this has been a fun year so far.  Week to week, you don't know what you're gonna get with this offense or defense with all the injuries and turnover.  

Yet, they keep on winning.  

I can't complain. I'm enjoying the heck out of this and I think this team has as good a chance as any to go deep into the playoffs.   

[/QUOTE]

Agreed! This is an exciting season. IN 2007, I was bored. Thats not football, those were track meets. Crazy how people forget this is how we used to win back in the day...until we went on that crazy 21 game win streak and even then, in 03' the games were closer than 07

Sections
Shortcuts