Amendolas dad suing Cowboy stadium

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Amendolas dad suing Cowboy stadium

Wow this seems like a frivilous lawsuit!

After the Class 5A Division II high school state championship game between Spring Dekaney and Steele on Dec. 17, 2011, Dekaney coach Willie Amendola was one of several people who were struck with a golf cart. Many of you have probably seen the video clip at some point, which showed a scary moment featuring an unmanned cart that somehow got loose and appeared to have a mind of its own.

According to MySanAntonio.com, Amendola and his wife Valarie have now filed a lawsuit against Cowboys Stadium, which is where the game was held. The couple is seeking more than $1 million in damages. The lawsuit can be read here.

All indications were that there were no serious injuries when the incident took place. Amendola, who is the father of New England Patriots wide receiver Danny Amendola, seemed to be in good spirits and even made a sarcastic comment about it.

“Did you guys get that? Wonder what the UIL is going to do about that?” he asked the Express-News at the time.

Apparently things got worse as time went on, because the lawsuit Amendola filed claims the incident caused physical pain, mental anguish, loss of earning capacity and loss of enjoyment. The video went viral and has been popular over the past year or so, which Amendola and his wife say “caused great personal embarrassment.” It will be interesting to see how this one plays out

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/high_school_coach_who_was_hit_by_golf_cart_at_state_title_game_suing_cowboys_stadium/13375870

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: Amendolas dad suing Cowboy stadium

Coach Amendola was on an in-state rival's staff. Nice guy. Didn't see this coming.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Rough time in Dallas.  Collapse of the practice facility. I guy killed building the place. Super Bowl seat issues. Now this.  Must get insurance from Lloyd's of London.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

that really could have been serious...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Did somebody block the accelerator pedal to make it do that? Did anyone notice someone was decleated when the cart hit the crowd?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

That was a strike for sure.  Why did the guy barrel roll out of it? He could have stopped it.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

it is odd that there were two orange things that were near the accellerator area. The one dude removed one and threw it off the cart prior to stopping. Towards the end of the film, the cart started off in the lower left of the field before veering off thru the center of the field.

Frivolous?  Someone needs to be held accountable....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c00E3k8CuBM

I can't stop laughing. I'm realizing I'm an extremely demented human being. Check out at :28 seconds, the woman in the blue shirt on the left hurdles over someone as she's chasing it and the guy in the white shirt trips over his own foot or something as he trying to flank it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

it is odd that there were two orange things that were near the accellerator area. The one dude removed one and threw it off the cart prior to stopping. Towards the end of the film, the cart started off in the lower left of the field before veering off thru the center of the field.

I agree somewhat should be accountable but I still think it is a frivilous lawsuit since it is over a year later, and there were no documented serious injuries. "Mental anguish" and "loss of enjoyment?" Give me a break!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

For what? Scrapes and bumps? What could have happened? There were no serious injuries. Which means he could have lost too much time from work. Maybe if the video was instrumental in him not getting a raise or a higher paying job, but that would seem hard to prove. Loss of enjoyment? Of what? Life in general? Please.  As there were no real injuries, this lawsuit defines frivolous on its face.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

I can't seem to find the link from the "Yahoo" story I read yesterday on this...but those orange blocks are the end zone pylons & the video I am talking about showed how the crew was working in the endzone & they must have just tossed the pylons into the cart not thinking & they stacked & stuck the cart accelerator...the video just showed the cart take off from the end zone & the workers trying to chase it down & then the ensuing  video everyone else is seeing.

As for thinking the law suit is frivolous, remember no one was reported hurt at the time of the accident, but just like a car accident, there can be effects from it that don't show up till many weeks/months after (the reason insurance/medical insurance says to still go be seen by a medical doctor after to be checked completely out).  Also the minor injuries could have accelerated or introduced/started other injuries.

As for the line items of the law suit, they are ONLY looking for just over $1 Million...that really isn't sueing for the moon & remember how much they will only end up getting AFTER the lawyers get paid (probably why it is just over $1 Million).

Do not be suprised if others involved also join in on the suit.