Amendola's deal depends on his health

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Amendola's deal depends on his health

From PFT.com:

Former Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola got a good deal from the Patriots, just not as good as initially advertised.

According to Howard Balzer of the Sports Xchange, the deal which was reported as five years worth $31 million tops out around $28.5 million, and a significant part of that is tied to something Amendola’s rarely done — stay on the field.

Amendola did get a $6 million signing bonus, and has $4 million worth of base salary guarantees (this year’s $2 million and $2 million of next year’s scheduled $3 million base).

He also has base salaries of $4 million, $5 million and $6 million in 2015 through 2017.

The deal also includes per-game roster bonuses of $31,250 in each of the five years of the deal. If he plays all 16, he’d make an extra $500,000 per year, for a total of $2.5 million.

The only problem is, Amendola’s played 16 games exactly once in four NFL seasons, and has missed 20 games the last two years, making the full balance of the deal as originally stated hard to imagine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Amendola's deal depends on his health

Is there anywhere in that deal that says if he should get hurt during the first season that Welker returns to the team?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Is there anywhere in that deal that says if he should get hurt during the first season that Welker returns to the team?

sraft 2 big recievers and we have a lot of insuramce (ie hopkins, rogers)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think the word you're looking for here is when.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Would you be disapointed if he stayed healthy?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

sraft 2 big recievers and we have a lot of insuramce (ie hopkins, rogers)

maybe Justin Hunter?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NoahJustin's comment:

In response to p-mike's comment:

Would you be disapointed if he stayed healthy?

Not for a second.  Nore would I mind saying I was completly wrong about his health problems.  The Pats are my team!  I want SB's now, especially another one or two before TFB retires.  I thought Welker gave this team a better chance of doing so then taking a chance on Amendola.  I have always liked and thought Amendola could be a very good Welker replacement but then he got hurt and was a\out in 2011 and again last season.  I started to have my doubts.  Nothing against the guy at all, but like I said I think Welker gives this team a better chance right now!