Amendola's Injury Question

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Amendola's Injury Question

It sounds like Amendola's doctor and the patriots team doctor were at odds on whether he had a sports hernia. And the fact that he was at practice and didn't need surgery proved that he did not have a sports hernia. So the only real problem was this adductor groin thing which will heal up within a couple weeks and he'll be back to 100 percent.

Does this sound right to you all? Do you think we see Amendola at full strength or is this a nagging injury he'll deal with all year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Amendola's Injury Question

Hope not, but you could be right.  Kinda starting to look like if it isn't this nagging injury, it will be another. At this point I'm hoping to have him available for 8 games or so and hopefully the playoffs.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He already missed 3 weeks with this injury, came back for one game and re-injured it.  So if 3 weeks didn't fix it how long is he going to need this time?  4?  5?  More?  Now way he comes back in a couple weeks and doesn't re-injure it again.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

He already missed 3 weeks with this injury, came back for one game and re-injured it.  So if 3 weeks didn't fix it how long is he going to need this time?  4?  5?  More?  Now way he comes back in a couple weeks and doesn't re-injure it again.

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

It never recovered, it wasn't bad enough that he couldn't go in a real game situation. He dressed and played.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

It never recovered, it wasn't bad enough that he couldn't go in a real game situation. He dressed and played.

[/QUOTE]

My point exactly!!! 3 weeks wasn't enough to recover now it's worse then it was at first (prior to the Bucs preseason game) and now they think it is going to heal in 3 or 4 weeks to the point where it wont be as problem again?  Yeah, good luck with that.  If they don't give him 5-6 weeks to heal then it's going to happen all over agin. 

Dang it!  I hated this move to begin with for this very reason!!! And nobody listened!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Radical idea I know, but perhaps we should see what happens in the coming weeks.  At this point, Amendola has missed exactly one game with a very common injury.  Another radical idea, perhaps reading just a skosh about the injury might be helpful (disclaimer:  if you've already made up your mind that Amendola is a bust, don't read the link):

http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/groin_and_pelvis/groin_strain_sum.php

And I realize that for just about everyone who is down on this guy I'm truly pi$$ing up a rope.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Radical idea I know, but perhaps we should see what happens in the coming weeks.  At this point, Amendola has missed exactly one game with a very common injury.  Another radical idea, perhaps reading just a skosh about the injury might be helpful (disclaimer:  if you've already made up your mind that Amendola is a bust, don't read the link):

And I realize that for just about everyone who is down on this guy I'm truly pi$$ing up a rope.

Thanks for the useful and rational input.  We could use a little more radical thinking like yours, around here. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Troy Brown said on the Patriots show that he had sports hernia early in his career and basically you can do light jogging and running around but you can't do hard cutting and hard acceleration, it will hurt.  If you have a groin injury, it makes sense to sit and rest until it heals but with sports hernia, rest does no good, you need a surgery.  Maybe he has sports hernia and wants to play through, that is why he is doing light practicing and not rest which would make a lot of sense if he has groin injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

If he is out for a month and the only cure is rest, why do they have him out there??? Just to fool an opposing coach? Strange happenings with these injury reports but thats nothing new. I just hope they dont outsmart themselves. I cant think of any acceptible scenario to really put him out there and try to practice. You had the 10 days off. He should have done NOTHING in those 10 days. Re- assessed and then told to rest another 7 days till next week vs ATL THEN come back and test it. What kind of maroons do they have down there in the medical dept?

Im not down on Danny at all. Im confused as hell with what they are doing to him.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I think most of us here would agree that everyone who has played sports have probably had a groin strain at one time or another, so most can kind of relate to this injury and they suck!  I have had this and I would say 3 weeks off was good for me.  However, at 3 weeks Amendola went right in and played a game and reinjured it very early in the game.  He was not ready at 3 weeks, his was more severe and he injured his groin even more during that game.  Not good!

In the link you provided it says grade 1 should be rested for about 3 weeks.... but a grade 2 is out about 4-6 weeks.  I'm not a doctor but I think it would be a pretty fair assumption that DA's injury is probably at the grade 2 stage, would that be a fair assumption?   That would put him back around the Saints game.  that would be 4 games missed, maybe even 5 with the Saints game. 

It is just amazing...... People were saying Amendola had only missed games due to two freak accidents, which he really missed games due to 3 different injuries, and now he gets injured with a common groin strain and people are now using the "it's a common injury" as an excuse.  If this was anyone else everyone would be admitting what a mistake this move was.  But since so many people took sides on this move they ones who liked it can not call it what it is... this signing was a mistake..period!  This guy can not stay on the field.  This team needs all the help it can get and this guy is hurt. 

This better not turn into a Greg Jennings situation, he was out with a groin injury for what 10 weeks? And then had a hernia.  That would be terrible for this team.

What is more disturbing is that there are reports concerning different medical opinions on what the injury is.  What the heck??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

TFB12 - I'm not offering any excuses on anything.  What I am doing is providing but one of several links that discuss groin strains.  I also said I was going to wait and see.  

I understand your position - signing Amendola was a mistake.

My position:  I'd like to give the guy just a skosh more time before I label him a bust.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

He'll play a total of 8 games for this team, imo.  Never played more than that in this league; can't imagine this year will be different. 

The question is whether he can play them consecutively or not...doubt it.  Pats just bought a Yugo...runs for about three months and fizzles out altoghther.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to soups's comment:

He'll play a total of 8 games for this team, imo.  Never played more than that in this league; can't imagine this year will be different. 

The question is whether he can play them consecutively or not...doubt it.  Pats just bought a Yugo...runs for about three months and fizzles out altoghther.

I am not defending him or panning him but in fairness to the amount of games played.

2009  14 games

2010   16 games

2011  1 game

2012  11 games

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

2009  14 games

2010   16 games

2011  1 game

2012  11 games

2013:  <10 most likely

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

jri37's numbers confirmed here:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AmenDa00.htm

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

I am not defending him or panning him but in fairness to the amount of games played.

2009  14 games

2010   16 games

2011  1 game

2012  11 games

[/QUOTE]

2009 started 2 games

Played in only 12 games all season

missed week 9

so saying 16 games is really not correct.

Here is an interesting stat... in his career he has only had 3 100 yard games.  They were 160 yards, 102 yards and 104 yards.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I've had a pulled groin muscle when I played ball.  Many, many years ago.

First off,  I was not a world class athlete.  If you're playing in the NFL then I would characterize you as such.

Secondly, I didn't get the medical attention, therapy and rehab that these players get.

So, there is no comparison to when someone like you or I had a similar type injury and a professional athlete such as DA.

We don't even know what he really has.  Small tear/tears in the adductor?  Sports hernia?  Pulled groin?  One, two or all three of these? What does it matter?  He'll be back when he's ready and he will contribute when he is.

Give the kid a break.

Too many people here I think are just rooting against this guy just so they can say, "I told you so."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Had enough w/ these flippin' dr's! They can't seem to diagnose or treat anyone right anymore. Look at Gronk. A fairly minor break in the forearm. Instead of putting a standard cast on it for 6 to 8 weeks, they decide to operate on it and all h3ll breaks loose!

What the Christ will happen w/ DA is a very scary prospect!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

2009  14 games

2010   16 games

2011  1 game

2012  11 games

2009 started 2 games

missed week 9

Here is an interesting stat... in his career he has only had 3 100 yard games.  They were 160 yards, 102 yards and 104 yards.  

2009 - Didn't say he played in 16 games this year...  played in 14 games as a rookie had catches in 12. In week 9 he played as a returner.

2010 - Played in all 16 games  had a at least 1 catch in all 16.

I undestand your position... just trying to show accurate numbers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

2009  14 games

2010   16 games

2011  1 game

2012  11 games

2009 started 2 games

missed week 9

and his 1st game here and he already got another one. Seems he has a better Qb here and We can expect better numbers. No matter how much you hate this move, it wont bring Welkie back,. ijs. You are looking for reasons that he wont succeed here. That is being negative , sorry. Atleast root for the guy, yeeesh.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

2009  14 games

2010   16 games

2011  1 game

2012  11 games

2009 started 2 games

missed week 9

2009 - Didn't say he played in 16 games this year...  played in 14 games as a rookie had catches in 12. In week 9 he played as a returner.

2010 - Played in all 16 games  had a at least 1 catch in all 16.

I undestand your position... just trying to show accurate numbers.

[/QUOTE]

My mistake, you are correct.  I thought I read 16 games in 2009.  My apologies.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Too many people here I think are just rooting against this guy just so they can say, "I told you so."

What?.... people are looking at things negatively here? NO WAY!!.... LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

and his 1st game here and he already got another one. Seems he has a better Qb here and We can expect better numbers. No matter how much you hate this move, it wont bring Welkie back,. ijs. You are looking for reasons that he wont succeed here. That is being negative , sorry. Atleast root for the guy, yeeesh.

Fair enough.  But no, I am not looking for reasons he won't succeed.  He provides enough reasons on his own.  Like I said many times before, I hope he catches the game winning TD's in the next 5 SB's and is MVP in a few of them.  When he was with the Rams I thought Amendola could be a good Welker type... his only problem was being able to stay on the field.  The Pats took a chance that was foolish, imo, and I was bashed here many times for saying so.  Yet, this is exactly the reason why I didn't like the decision and people are being silly with the excuses.  If it was another player, one who many people here didn't go out on a limb on with expectations, then my thoughts would be with the majority. 

Sections
Shortcuts